Listen to the Glasto '04 version, the ethereal sounds in the background and the way Matt picks the individual notes of the riff make it sound like creepy circus music. I've always just them the circus versions dince then :LOL:.

MM used to work so well as a lead in to CE.

YES! Always loved the Montreux version. That gig is mixed so loud, it hits you like a tonne of bricks.

Everything about it is just arse honkingly crazy, Matt's screams and guitar spam, Chris's bass tone rumbling through the earth's core and Dom's drums battering your eardrums... Being there must have been crazy. You can just see how much the audience are loving it as well as the band... Crazy days!

Just found this. I like Matt's alternate picking during the verses much more than the tremolo-style in the studio version.

Seriously hoping I will see it this summer in any version though. Dead Star has always been the fan-rarity I would like to see the most, but during the last few months I think Assassin has taken that spot.

[YT]

[/YT]

Citizen Erased Reading Festival 2011

Nah, wasn't that great at Leeds or Reading. Glasto '04 still hasn't been beaten imo.

Not sure if anyone's seen this version of Invincible before, I sure as shit hadn't. Mix isn't great but it's worth a shout for best performance, definitely my favourite intro with that bit from 0:40 to 0:55 <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBE34wyHZSY

Nah, wasn't that great at Leeds or Reading. Glasto '04 still hasn't been beaten imo.

Not sure if anyone's seen this version of Invincible before, I sure as shit hadn't. Mix isn't great but it's worth a shout for best performance, definitely my favourite intro with that bit from 0:40 to 0:55 <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBE34wyHZSY

I'd have to say this one is my favourites-https://youtu.be/c8dRsg5KezY?t=56m47s

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after listening this one I think it is my new favourite version of Assassin. If it had only included that early scream too, like in 2007 vids, it would be completely insane.

Guitar tone in the GOB part is shite in this... Rome 07 is still the best...

Guitar tone in the GOB part is shite in this... Rome 07 is still the best...

It is not :LOL: 2007 had shit guitar tones, they sounded like toy guitars.

EDIT: at first glance I thought this was the Newport performance. This one has too fuzzy tone in the bridge, but the Newport performance was perfect.

Phenomenal. This SS is better than Glasto 04 and Earl's Court 04. Everything that I want in an SS. Thank you for this, sincerely.

Haha cheers! Likewise, it's definitely my favourite :D

Well, after listening this one I think it is my new favourite version of Assassin. If it had only included that early scream too, like in 2007 vids, it would be completely insane.

This. The pace is great, and unlike Newport his voice doesn't have a horrible wobble during one of the choruses.