Is starlight a good stadium closer?

Olly.

Is starlight a good stadium closer?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Is starlight a good stadium closer?

• Yes
    • No

I know it'll probably never happen, but I wouldn't mind them dropping Starlight from the setlists altogether.

Given how many songs there are to choose from now, I wouldn't disagree with that - maybe rotate it a bit, altho like you say it seems to be a fixture now. Aside from not being as good a closer as quite a few others, it seems to lose some of its power with Morgan doing the guitar part instead of Matt.

I think it's about time we have Showbiz closing again. It's been 7 years.

Showbiz + Ashamed riff would be absolutely immense live as a closer on this tour. It's aged well too, so it's not like it'll sound 'too 90s' or anything. Get some pyro and CO2 going on the final falsetto and :facemelt:

I saw loads of people leaving after Survival at the Etihad. Either they were noobs who didn't know there was another encore or sensible people who didn't want to hear starlight :LOL:

The only reason I stayed was because I wanted to hear Uprising.

I considered leaving after Survival to beat a lot of traffic, but I actually quite like Starlight (not closing but considering I was expecting it, I wasn't that bothered) and I figured I might as well stick it out for the rest of the gig I've paid for.

Not sure Matt's voice could handle Showbiz, let alone closing, with the current setlists.

Matt can half ass singing Showbiz and it'd still be a better closer than Starlight. He doesn't have to sing the super high notes, it's not like he sings the album version of the ending note of Survival live.

If they just swapped the two encores the set would be fine. Uprising and Starlight encore first and then the heavy as shit Unsustainable, PIB, Survival to close.

Overall, would love to see Starlight at least get rotated. If they can rotate Hysteria and New Born / Stockholm Syndrome they can rotate Starlight.

Matt can half ass singing Showbiz and it'd still be a better closer than Starlight. He doesn't have to sing the super high notes, it's not he sings the album version of the ending note of Survival live.

If they just swapped the two encores the set would be fine. Uprising and Starlight encore first and then the heavy as shit Unsustainable, PIB, Survival to close.

Overall, would love to see Starlight at least get rotated. If they can rotate Hysteria and New Born / Stockholm Syndrome they can rotate Starlight.

Showbiz would die without those notes

Matt can half ass singing Showbiz and it'd still be a better closer than Starlight. He doesn't have to sing the super high notes, it's not like he sings the album version of the ending note of Survival live.

It's the chest-notes in chorus that would be quite difficult at the end of the gig, not the falsetto. Still though, normally it shouldn't be that much of a problem to pull off.

I wasn't a fan of Starlight closing when I experienced it at the Etihad. All night I'd been hoping they would switch it up as I love Survival as a closing song. The moment Survival started I realised my hopes and dreams had been dashed. I enjoyed the sing-a-long to Starlight, it's not a song that I like as a studio version, but I quite enjoy it live as it does get a good reaction. A lot of people around me hadn't realised it was the last song and kept chanting for ages for more. It all just felt very underwhelming.

Starlight as a closer for a stadium gig is like having 2 hours of mind blowing foreplay only to end up with a mediocre orgasm.

So it's basically like having sex with my girlfriend.

Seriously though, I see no logical reason to end with starlight. It's a fucking stadium gig, no one cares about it being personal, we just want to see explosions.

Archived