Is starlight a good stadium closer?

Olly.

Is starlight a good stadium closer?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Is starlight a good stadium closer?

• Yes
    • No

I can't believe that people are suggesting they would leave early and avoid seeing the end of the gig, whether it's your favourite song or not, why pay to go and see and gig and not watch it all. As contributors to this message board you are supposedly 'hardcore fans'. Surely you would want to show appreciation and applaud the band at the end of their show?!

I can't believe that people are suggesting they would leave early and avoid seeing the end of the gig, whether it's your favourite song or not, why pay to go and see and gig and not watch it all.

I agree with this. Unless they did something really shitty I would at least stay for the full gig I paid for.

Surely you would want to show appreciation and applaud the band at the end of their show?!

Don't agree so much with this. Why show support something you don't like? It's not like you only clap/cheer after the last song anyways.

That's stupid. You have the option to leave a gig whenever you want, you paid for it.

If leaving early to avoid being disappointed works for you, do it. Starlight is a horrible closer and if I know it's going to close a show I'm at, I'm going to leave early.

I like Starlight live. It's a good sing/clap along but it looks completely underwhelming as a closer, especially with Matt not playing guitar. I get that they want it to be more personal with the crowd, but the finale of a stadium gig is not the time to be personal.

I prepared for the worst last night in Amsterdam, and it turned out not to be as bad as I was afraid it would be. As long as you know what's coming and you know it is the last song, it's not TOO bad (it is quite bad though..)

It's not a good closer.

It's a fine song, and I really enjoyed singing the 'our hopes and expectations'-bit with the whole stadium yesterday. But it surely would be better if Matt played the guitar.

And Plug In Baby/Survival was much more massive than Uprising/Starlight, so they really should end with that. No reason to skip Starlight, just turn those around and it's a lot better.

So it's basically like having sex with my girlfriend.

Seriously though, I see no logical reason to end with starlight. It's a fucking stadium gig, no one cares about it being personal, we just want to see explosions.

Shame on you :LOL:

Exactly at the end of a stadium show like that you want them to go out with a bang.

So what you're saying is that hearing Starlight is like having an orgasm.

Nope.

I enjoyed it a lot. I think it's a high note to end on. But even though I am bored of it, I think most people enjoy KoC still as the big closer. Until Muse can produce a song with that energy and interaction I think it should remain closer.

Personally I'd put Plug in Baby as a closer. Starlight annoys me, it really doesn't show off Muse's talents, especially not live. Other than that, I'd love to hear Dead Star to finish, but must people seemed to not know it at Ethiad where I was sat. ):

Matt can half ass singing Showbiz and it'd still be a better closer than Starlight. He doesn't have to sing the super high notes, it's not like he sings the album version of the ending note of Survival live.

Showbiz would die without those notes

I know that Matt's balls might have dropped or that with getting older the voice loses its higher notes, im sure with Matt strategically placing an elastic band on the right parts could achieve the high notes again.

We know KoC was becoming a bit predicable as a closer and that Survival rocked T2L arena shows, having Showbiz or even some form of medley of older rockier songs would ensure an insane finale. The money shot for the gig!