2013.06.02 - Horse Guards Parade, London, UK

JessicaSarahS

In an unprecedented marriage of a full-scale concert and a film premiere, Muse will perform at Horse Guards Parade Ground, St. James’s Park, after the film screens in London’s Leicester Square.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1563757/muse-to-perform-at-world-war-z-premiere

TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR FREE VIA A SPECIAL TICKETMASTER LINK AND CODE VIA THE WEBSITE, OFFICIAL MUSE EMAIL LIST, AND SELECTED PARTNER PROMOTIONS STARTING AT 9 AM BST ON TUESDAY 28 MAY.

http://www.worldwarz.co.uk/MUSE/

Aagh brain has gone melty at the thought of FREE! Muse gig.

But have got family stuff that Sunday: in-laws visiting :( ...BUT it's only for lunch...would it be Bad Form to disappear in the evening, I wonder? :shifty:

That's if (a big bloddy IF) I got a ticket. Argh gods, another lottery *wibble*

Do we actually know if this is balloted or first come first served?

It doesn't say anywhere what it is. Most people think it's balloted, but they say you get them through Ticketmaster at 9am on Tuesday, so I'm assuming it's a first come, first serve thing.

Good luck to all those trying to get tix! I'll be looking forward to seeing whatever sort of broadcast there is.

I wonder, do you suppose we may actually get a proper live performance of IS, given that it's being featured in the film? So far all we've had are either full playback or partially-live versions (with Dom drumming towards the end and Matt doing fuzzy-waily-guitar stuff).

I'd love to see a proper live rendition, with Matt on piano, etc.

Although with some of their recent antics, I can almost picture them doing it with Morgan on piano and Matt just running around instrument-less doing some sort of completely pointless extra vocal stuff to the melody (a la Resistance, Blackout...) :rolleyes:

Will be online Tuesday ready to get tickets! I predict the set will be quite short and will probably be just the basic set of songs, weighted heavily on The 2nd Law and whatever songs are actually in the film...

However, I wouldn't putit past Muse to add in one or two rarities... :happy:

From what it says on the site, I can't see how it would be balloted - why would we need a special link and a code that you'll be able to find on WWZ site, Muse emails etc on Tuesday morning if it's just a lucky dip? It's a Ticketmaster link, too, so surely we'd have to 'purchase' tickets from their site using the code.

I thought it meant we can access the link and code in advance (we get it sent via a Muse email/it appears on the WWZ Muse site), but it doesn't go live til 9am and then it's a first-come-first-served battle to see which 15,000-odd people put the code in first to claim their free tickets. :erm:

If they were gonna go down the evil iTunes-style route, there'd be no need for codes or links: we'd all just enter our emails somewhere and be drawn out of a hat... although I really, REALLY hope that doesn't happen. I fucking hate free shit that makes it impossible to actually go to the show :LOL: