Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

ah cheers, that explains it. Probs my favourite bit of the dvd to be honest.

Also I know there's been a lot of beef on here about the concert audio, but what do people think of the editing and camerawork? Obviously the big whole stadium shots and the spider cam stuff was nice, but i felt as a whole it lacked energy (esp. in comparison to stuff like B&H/Micro Cuts from HAARP) and there weren't enough proper close-ups of each band-member (there were also too many shots of Italians kissing...). Thoughts?

Too many Italians kissing or in various states of undress.

Too few closeups, but still lacked a proper sense of scale for at least the first half of the film.

Excessive and unnecessary use of black and white.

Other than that, I really, really like the camera work.

I absolutely hated the fast edits in Hullaballoo, and prefer the more static shots.

I've had trouble deciding, but based on all the feedback I've heard, I think this will be the first Muse DVD I won't get. :unsure: It sounds like there'd be no compelling reason to watch it more than once, and I don't really want to buy it just for the CD.

As i posted before, the release is flawless, for a greatest hits, comercial friendly gig. The only letdown is ''what could have been'', people expect a second Hullabaloo and i'm afraid that is not possible at this stage in Muse career.

I enjoyed it, i think is their best produced movie to date. Saying that, i would prefer if the filmed gig was Paris 2 or Mexico DF 3.

So I watched this in part yesterday, i.e. Supremacy, Plug In Baby, Animals, Knights, Hysteria, Supermassive and Survival, y'know, the bits worth watching.

They were pretty good, it does feel very cinematic/narrative. I really enjoyed the theatre of the actor in Animals.

The rest though, sweet fucking jesus christ is it dull. There is no other word for the song selection that simply horrible.

I was also peeved at the lack of beef. It's not badly mixed/produced but there's a glaring lack of oomph at certain points.

Also, Matt playing up to the camera makes me vom a little at times.

Matt's guitar in the intro sounds absolutely pathetic. It may as well not be there. Crap.

Read loads of people go on about his tone for this tour and apart from a few songs like Bliss and Dead Star I really don't like it

Oh and Animals. Animals always sounded fantastic live, far better than on the album

I haven't really liked any of his tones above his 2004/05 since then, tbh.

I actually thought TR era tones were alright. Teignmouth one was cool too, quite raw

Was never too keen on BH&R era tone, just because SMBH sounded so fuzzy and shit. Early SMBH tone is awesome though.

But yeah, hard to compete with Abso tone. The verse in SS from Earls Court, guitar sounds so good. Compare it to now.

As i posted before, the release is flawless, for a greatest hits, comercial friendly gig. The only letdown is ''what could have been'', people expect a second Hullabaloo and i'm afraid that is not possible at this stage in Muse career.

I enjoyed it, i think is their best produced movie to date. Saying that, i would prefer if the filmed gig was Paris 2 or Mexico DF 3.

Uh, what are you even on about?

If you by a second Hullabaloo mean songs from that era, then obviously that would be idiotic, and no one sensible expects that. If you mean a release with a MIX of recent singles and more obscure stuff...uh actually nothing on the Hullabaloo DVD was very obscure. I'm not sure what you're talking about at all.

But anyway, not everything has to be black or white. It's not totally, 100% commercially viable pop vs Zepp. There can be a middle ground. And do you know where we can find proof of that? At almost every single Muse gig at the T2L tour...aside from Rome.

Archived