Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

People need to get over the "boring" US crowd thing; it got old years ago.

Just because people aren't jumping around and slamming into one another, doesn't mean they aren't enjoying themselves (and Muse has attracted an older crowd over here in the first place...)

I probably enjoyed my gig more than most people, but I wasn't super energetic; watched, enjoyed, and clapped/cheered at the ends of songs.

20 years ago here you couldn't go see Michael Bolton without a mosh pit and people jumping up and down 100% of the show (slight exaggeration... but I did get three broken toes and a cracked rib in the back at a Goo Goo Dolls gig. Don't ask.)

I actually prefer being able to take in the gig and enjoy, tbh.

What IS killing gigs is cell phones. Either people trying to record the entire thing and blocking everyone's view, or the twats that post "OMG, so awesome!" on their FB and check their messages every six seconds, shining the light in your eyes.

Why they wouldn't put a more energetic crowd shot on the DVD is another matter, and I think I'm just beyond wondering why the fuck they didn't use the footage from the Rome show.

It's not going to bring it back, and I'm never going to feel better about some of the cuts (SS and Uns in particular,) or the fact that the CD is pretty lame (and FG is on it for absolutely no reason.)

Guys, anyone noticed this?

Difference in Matt's falsetto in the end of Survival.

First sample of the 2 is from the dvd, second from a live recording of the same concert..

DVD version is like the one from the album, the one on the live recording is a bit lower.

While listening more closely you'll notice a backing track of his vocals.

http://picosong.com/kPmY

Yes, it's been mentioned a bunch of times.

:LOL: you don't think you went a bit over the top with that clip? It was noticeable in the first comparison.

Guys, anyone noticed this?

Difference in Matt's falsetto in the end of Survival.

First sample of the 2 is from the dvd, second from a live recording of the same concert..

DVD version is like the one from the album, the one on the live recording is a bit lower.

While listening more closely you'll notice a backing track of his vocals.

http://picosong.com/kPmY

Chris and Morgan were doing backing vocals too I think so that could explain the slight difference in pitch. Their vocals probably weren't as prominent in the live recording as they were in the proper mix on the DVD.

It's not going to bring it back, and I'm never going to feel better about some of the cuts (SS and Uns in particular,) or the fact that the CD is pretty lame (and FG is on it for absolutely no reason.)

If Charles really was the issue with Unsustainable, it would have been nice to include it on the CD. It sounded fucking awesome in the end credits of the film.

If Charles really was the issue with Unsustainable, it would have been nice to include it on the CD. It sounded fucking awesome in the end credits of the film.

> Unsustainable second best live song from T2L

> Exclude it on the release

> MUSE

I gave Rome a listen first for evaluation cause the music industry doesnt have a return policy in case they sell an inferior product. Glad i did, this is probably the worst sounding live-recording i have ever heard. The amount of compression is almost unbearable and the mixing is just as poor. Annoying hearing people sing (and out of tune) over Matt or singing along with a riff of any kind. Every audience sounds the same (i've been there twice this tour), so whats the point, I want to hear Muse when i buy a live-cd.

But thats a clearly a matter of choice for the band. The over-compression and lack of dynamics however has to do with (lack of) craftmanship and respecting your valued costumers. Unless they mastered it for playing on phonespeakers, in which case it probably is a sonic masterpeace. Too bad really, they take the whole stadium circus-act so seriously. A really well produced release would have been nice to compliment it.

*ducks*

Chris and Morgan were doing backing vocals too I think so that could explain the slight difference in pitch. Their vocals probably weren't as prominent in the live recording as they were in the proper mix on the DVD.

The point is that Matt sang a lower note in the recording and it was changed on the dvd to the higher album note.

Annoying hearing people sing (and out of tune) over Matt or singing along with a riff of any kind. Every audience sounds the same (i've been there twice this tour), so whats the point, I want to hear Muse when i buy a live-cd.

Why not just go for the studio albums?

After my initial disappointment with the release has worn off, I do actually enjoy certain performances on the DVD. The visuals are great, the mixing does have room for improvement, but it's way better than how it sounded in the cinema. Then again it makes it even more annoying seeing potentially how much better this DVD could've been with a better setlist, or at least include the highlights of the gig.

FG isn't on the CD though?

Bah! I meant it was on the DVD for no reason. I guess, I suppose they needed it for the theatrical bit, but then I can just bitch that they could have done that bit to ANY fucking song, and not had to shove FG down our throats again. :phu:

Unsustainable is still mostly what I'm pissed about anyways (other than the angering overuse of black and white) and yes, if they were upset about the robot, why in the hell isn't the song at least on the CD?

It's awesome live, and was a major part of the promotion for the album and the tour.

Poor Muse, haha! They release Unsustainable and everyone moans about it - a year later they don't put it on the live release and everyone moans about it again! :LOL:

People will moan, no matter the subject. Millions years of evolution have made humans perfect moan machines.

It's just...WHY NOT MAKE THE LAST DROP HEAVIER THAN THE FIRST? And why not actually make the bass audible. Would have made the song so much more enjoyable.

Have the extras been uploaded in good quality yet?

Does anyone know at which show muse performed that blackout performance where Matt while lying down grabs the hand of that acrobat lady?

If it was from the Rome show then it's a shame that they didn't include the performance, would have been so awesome to see that.

Have the extras been uploaded in good quality yet?

Does anyone know at which show muse performed that blackout performance where Matt while lying down grabs the hand of that acrobat lady?

If it was from the Rome show then it's a shame that they didn't include the performance, would have been so awesome to see that.

Okay quality can be found in a FB link earlier in this thread.

And yeah, it was Rome.

Archived