Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

Anyone with the DVD (not BluRay) notice the skip in the middle of Madness? I thought I just got a bad disc, but exchanged it for a new one at Best Buy and it skips in the same exact spot. This doesn't happen on the BluRay version I have, but I bought DVD because my car plays DVD 5.1 ...

If they sent a batch that is defective, that not only sucks for us, but will suck for sales as well... for example, I am returning mine tomorrow for a full refund.

Didn't notice it, but I've only watched it once, and my mind was probably elsewhere during Madness.

Having only got and watched it yesterday, I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by how well they've actually done the Rome bit, although there's too much black and white for my liking. It becomes annoying rather than atmospheric.

But the additional features are pretty dull, mainly because of the awful US crowds. I didn't realise how static they actually are. I mean to just stand there during Stockholm? No wonder they get shit setlists.

As mentioned previously, the skip/jump is to do with the layer change on the DVD. So itll be present on all versions.

wow, that's absolutely appalling if true. completely ruins the performance. You would think they would be able to know how to time that to happen between songs, not in the middle of the only guitar solo in the most popular song on the DVD... mind boggling

At least it doesn't seem to happen on BluRay. But I'll be returning the DVD for sure. They should have put Dead Star as an extra, the 4 minutes or so would have pushed the skip to 2 minutes later! haha

Changing the subject, it's me or the gig produced for television (Saitama) has a heavily comprssed audio? Is very noticiable but from Explorers onwards almost hurt my ears.

Anyone has a copy with uncompressed audio?

The OUI FM broadcast is a lot better. Musebootlegs has it.

This is the first time I've felt underwhelmed by a Muse release :(. I loved what they gave us of the actual gig, which was awesome (apart from all the flippin kissing :confused:) but it's let down by a lack of so many songs - and inclusion of other casual-listener-friendly ones. The bullshit reason for excluding Unsustainable is something I'll never get over :phu:

The set could have been so much better, but even as it was I don't understand why they cut so many songs - it ruins the experience because it feels like big chunks are missing.

'The Road' was all right but a bit short and didn't show the band behind the scenes or in sound check/rehearsing, which is what most fans would want to see, imo. I know it's in that Twitter clip but would've been good on the DVD.

The biggest crime, though, is the CD. Firstly, why change the order round so Hysteria is earlier in the set? It's inconsistent with the DVD, which is just annoying, lol. Second, it's too short. The length isn't too different from HAARP, but I don't remember that bothering me too much last time - it just feels like they're being WAY too safe about the selection of songs. Excluding Unsustainable on there as well is taking the piss really - it's like they're afraid we'll visualise Charles in our minds by putting it on there, so they wanted to scrap it altogether :LOL:

Anyways, the performance and quality of visuals was great but setlist and cutting songs is still disappointing.

Anyone with the DVD (not BluRay) notice the skip in the middle of Madness? I thought I just got a bad disc, but exchanged it for a new one at Best Buy and it skips in the same exact spot. This doesn't happen on the BluRay version I have, but I bought DVD because my car plays DVD 5.1 ...

If they sent a batch that is defective, that not only sucks for us, but will suck for sales as well... for example, I am returning mine tomorrow for a full refund.

I tend to skip Madness, so this is not a problem with my DVD.

This is the first time I've felt underwhelmed by a Muse release :(. I loved what they gave us of the actual gig, which was awesome (apart from all the flippin kissing :confused:) but it's let down by a lack of so many songs - and inclusion of other casual-listener-friendly ones. The bullshit reason for excluding Unsustainable is something I'll never get over :phu:

The set could have been so much better, but even as it was I don't understand why they cut so many songs - it ruins the experience because it feels like big chunks are missing.

'The Road' was all right but a bit short and didn't show the band behind the scenes or in sound check/rehearsing, which is what most fans would want to see, imo. I know it's in that Twitter clip but would've been good on the DVD.

The biggest crime, though, is the CD. Firstly, why change the order round so Hysteria is earlier in the set? It's inconsistent with the DVD, which is just annoying, lol. Second, it's too short. The length isn't too different from HAARP, but I don't remember that bothering me too much last time - it just feels like they're being WAY too safe about the selection of songs. Excluding Unsustainable on there as well is taking the piss really - it's like they're afraid we'll visualise Charles in our minds by putting it on there, so they wanted to scrap it altogether :LOL:

Anyways, the performance and quality of visuals was great but setlist and cutting songs is still disappointing.

Agreed. Also, for the CD, why not include songs that were cut from the DVD? Feeling Good, Guiding Light were on the DVD because of the visual accompaniment, and I understand that decision... but they didn't need to also be on the CD. Give us Blackout instead of Guiding Light, and ANYTHING instead of Feeling Good on the CD, and maybe I would have a reason to take it out of the package.

Didn't notice it, but I've only watched it once, and my mind was probably elsewhere during Madness.

Having only got and watched it yesterday, I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by how well they've actually done the Rome bit, although there's too much black and white for my liking. It becomes annoying rather than atmospheric.

But the additional features are pretty dull, mainly because of the awful US crowds. I didn't realise how static they actually are. I mean to just stand there during Stockholm? No wonder they get shit setlists.

Uh, are you watching the same thing I am? Watch any crowd from the front view like that and it will look boring. I can look up footage from Glastonbury and see the same blank faces.

Guys, anyone noticed this?

Difference in Matt's falsetto in the end of Survival.

First sample of the 2 is from the dvd, second from a live recording of the same concert..

DVD version is like the one from the album, the one on the live recording is a bit lower.

While listening more closely you'll notice a backing track of his vocals.

http://picosong.com/kPmY

Archived