I still think it's kinda of a let down because the synth bass bit sounds worse (due to being played on a lower key) and that Matt can't belt the wails.

He almost always belts the first big note at the end IIRC, it's just the second one that he slips into falsetto for halfway through (which I think actually sounds all right).

Overall the tour was pretty good. Still needs more rotations more often and more rarities, much more than Resistance Tour did (should have a rarity rotation + NB/SS/Unnatural Selection rotation). All 8 of my shows got fucked over compared to what people get on the East Coast and we didn't get any cool rarities except Sign o the Times and Bliss which we got three years prior at the same venue.

It's great they're changing it up but I have to admit, what the fuck does it matter to me if I don't see any of that after 8 shows spread across multiple legs and multiple areas of the country?

Thoughts on last nights show: Holy balls.

Holy fucking balls.

Admittedly, I was hoping for a slightly better set, and yes, the middle section was a bit of a mood killer (although far less than I had been led to believe), but fuck, their performance was incredible. They really seemed to be having fun, and the crowd was just fantastic. The sound production was phenomenal, too. I don't think I've ever heard a band sound so clear.

Highlights: Supermassive Blackhole, Plug in Baby, Supremacy, KOC (fuck you Dee, it was mental), Unnatural Selection, Hysteria.

Matts interaction with the crowd was excellent, and really helped make the middle section a lot more interesting. Even Guiding Light was enjoyable (though of course if rather hear something else), and his Christmas hat was hilarious.

One thing that I will say, however, is that, as kickass as US was (the middle section is just wowzers), it shouldn't be played instead of the NB/SS rotation. It should be in addition to it. If they had followed it up with another heavy Drop D song, it would've gone off.

Overall the tour was pretty good. Still needs more rotations more often and more rarities, much more than Resistance Tour did (should have a rarity rotation + NB/SS/Unnatural Selection rotation). All 8 of my shows got fucked over compared to what people get on the East Coast and we didn't get any cool rarities except Sign o the Times and Bliss which we got three years prior at the same venue.

It's great they're changing it up but I have to admit, what the fuck does it matter to me if I don't see any of that after 8 shows spread across multiple legs and multiple areas of the country?

"didnt get any cool rarities"...Bliss and Sign O the Times were played twice and once each respectively in the US and Canada, which were the LA shows you went to. (you also got Save Me which was rarely played in the states). The only other rare songs played were Dead Star in Toronto and NYC and B&H in Salt Lake. You made out just as good as any other part of the country.

and on the TR tour Bliss was only played in LA (fairly positive), along with NSC and RBS. so I don't see where you're "West Coast gets shafted" complaining is coming from

Archived