I'm happy with Dizzee :) not my first choice or the kind of music I'd listen to at home, but when I saw him at Glasto he was fantastic and really got the crowd pumped up. He's way better than a lot of the dull supports Muse have had in the past and he knows how to work a large crowd.

I was very surprised when they announced this...though when I thought about it, the support acts I think are the choice of one or two of the band members and from what iv gathered from previous accounts, both Matt and Dom have a wide taste in music and very open minded...I can't remember the name of the support act for their Blackholes tour, but I do remember thinking they were a odd choice for the band I was about to see. I don't think they are really trying to please all their fans, they are picking bands who they dig personally and think will help the atmosphere of the show...so its more of a personal choice than a choice to please 90% of the fans maybe...

For me personally, I don't like Dizzees music, no matter how open minded ive become over certain genres these last few years, I just can't listen to the music Dizzee churns out, just not for me. So yeah I highly doubt i'll watch much of his performance. Is this the only support act though? They had about 3-4 the last time....

:LOL: Oh dear lawd... I'm gonna have to see him FOUR times as I'm at all those show :'(

I'll have to turn up late on a couple of occasions or wear earmuffs to drown out the sound, lol. Oh Muse, why do you never have decent support acts? :p

Trust me, on choosing support acts Muse are definitely one of the best bands around. I have seen some truly dire support bands in my time. The Big Pink are the only one who have bored me to tears, I can tap my feet to White Lies etc... Biffy, TJF etc... are incredible themselves even before Muse came on

:LOL: Oh dear lawd... I'm gonna have to see him FOUR times as I'm at all those show :'(

I'll have to turn up late on a couple of occasions or wear earmuffs to drown out the sound, lol. Oh Muse, why do you never have decent support acts? :p

I dunno - Biffy were wonderful, White Lies and Joy Formidable were quite musically decent.

And hey - as bad as Rascal is, he can't be Big Pink bad.

Says at the bottom "Stay tuned for further Europe and UK support act announcements"

Rascal I think is a headline support act, and there will be further acts underneath. I noticed Foals have a random break in their US tour for the Coventry and 2 London shows (not Manc.) so maybe they'll be at one of them. Or at least I hope they are. :p

Archived