It's not forbidden to take 'straight' angles; regarding the crops, I hate it when just the head of an instrument is cut off; cut it off even more, or show the whole thing.

Overall, I do like the atmosphere, but there's only 1 or 2 I really like.

never said i only wanted straight angles, though when it starts making you tilt your head you've gone too fair.

angles can be used effectively for framing more stuff than the standard leveled photo would accommodate, like this:

8870851092_9dbd7c9010_c.jpg

Can I ask how much post processing did you do on these? They're awesomely beautiful.

On the first shot I adjusted colour balance and upped the contrast a little from RAW.

The second is a panoramic stitch with similar processing from RAW.

On the first shot I adjusted colour balance and upped the contrast a little from RAW.

The second is a panoramic stitch with similar processing from RAW.

The stitched image is very well done, love the mirror-like water and reflection.

I bought this earlier, only £29!

http://petapixel.com/2013/06/13/lomography-konstruktor-is-the-worlds-first-build-it-yourself-35mm-slr/

I doubt i'll be getting in to lomography long term, or very much at all, i'm really looking forward to building it and giving it a try though, should be fun! Hopefully delivery doesn't take too long.

love it! reminds me of my brother's gundam model kits that i'd mess around with :D and it costs about as much as the fisheye given to me by some friends a few years ago. Always wished it had manual features.

flickr question! I just got billed for another 3 months for the pro account. Since when has it been an ongoing subscription? I was expecting it to just run out

Weird, I didn't get billed when mine ran out in April :/

9051411054_47500fa15c.jpg

9049181287_74aecef2ce.jpg

9051411952_bbf224519b.jpg

9049181509_b7216a1c3c.jpg

I'm gonna have the chance to invest in some glass quite soon and i'm torn between a 35 1.8 & 85 1.8 (or sigma's 1.4) or a 24-70 2.8. it'll be used mainly for portraiture (including environmental), so while the primes would seem ideal, the zoom also happily covers the desired focal lengths (on an aps-c camera too). whatever I get would also be used as a general workhorse lens for whatever i need/desire to shoot, which is where versatility would be useful. i'm leaning toward the 24-70, despite it being twice the price of both primes, but then again that saving could go in to lighting gear and whatnot :confused: #FirstWorldProblems

here's a picture

9006468594_bd2d05bbf2_z.jpg

A view by SnipingForPacifists, on Flickr

I think I'm going to partake in a daily photography challenge for the month of July, because I find I never try to extend my photography skills.

Something like this

july+challenge.jpg

Will have to see how I go.

ooh thats a cool idea.

I'd have to do something like that as a weekend project though. its dark by the time I get home from work :rolleyes:

365 is more fun. Never trying that again mind

Did you make it? My friend tried it and only made it to march :LOL:

I really like to get outside for my photography, I just don't know whether I'd have enough time to do it throughout the year. It would probably be most valuble, but I also don't have a DSLR and I'm not sure how much I can extend my camera's capabilities?

ooh thats a cool idea.

I'd have to do something like that as a weekend project though. its dark by the time I get home from work :rolleyes:

Yeah, fucking winter aye! Maybe you'll have to set it for when day lights goes back. How's the course going? I kinda want to do something like that now!

I went to the zoo at the weekend and bought a telephoto lens just in time.

9139127780_e171f4d983.jpg

Habitat by Deano88s, on Flickr

9136752319_e2bc7980bb.jpg

Red Panda 2 by Deano88s, on Flickr

9139109766_08aa96da7b.jpg

Grooming by Deano88s, on Flickr

9136943981_a67ee73192.jpg

Building by Deano88s, on Flickr

9138982454_4e54362969.jpg

Watching and learning by Deano88s, on Flickr

Full set of 33:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deano_/sets/72157634325320427/with/9139127780/

Constructive criticism on just about anything is welcome...

Did you make it? My friend tried it and only made it to march :LOL:

I really like to get outside for my photography, I just don't know whether I'd have enough time to do it throughout the year. It would probably be most valuble, but I also don't have a DSLR and I'm not sure how much I can extend my camera's capabilities?

Yeah, first time. Was tough but I do have a lot of stuff indoors to take as backup haha.

I'm starting to get sick of how casual unfriendly my 5d is probably going to buy a Fuji x100s

Yeah, first time. Was tough but I do have a lot of stuff indoors to take as backup haha.

I'm starting to get sick of how casual unfriendly my 5d is probably going to buy a Fuji x100s

IN YOUR FACE

I still want a G erm..whatever number they've reached now for compact moments. But part of me wants to get a water resistant camera for me hols