I dislike. It's so much style over substance full of flaws.

The thing is I can kind of see what they were trying to do and where they were going with it but they've ditched a lot of useful functionality and missed a few tricks. Like the home page should be customisable, we should have customizability over how our feeds are displayed, and jeeze bring back the space

The new pricing model is a load of tosh too. 2tb for £327!! £32 to remove ads when I can use adblock for free. Plus you lose the pro features like stats and referrals.

Flickr looks like a glorified fb gallery, especially with the header image (the only customisable addition to the site which is an awkward shape and size, though it seems perfect for photos from a Spinner to fit into it ha).

Sorry I'm definitely not in love with it, I know they wanted to make it more image focused (but encouraging uploads of high res images means they're easier to steal under the abandon works law thing going on at the moment) but it's all a bit too much.

The thing is I love the iphone app redesign, I think it works brilliantly for that, but sigh meh

Edited by inn

I'm fairly happy that I'm not limited to 200 photos now, but the design is a bit much for me. There's so much going on, but none of it particular easy to get around. But I try not to complain too much about things I don't pay for.

Also, managed to sell my 75-300mm lens for a decent price, so thought I would take one last photo with it before I boxed it up:

8790427282_6923f8225c.jpg

Flight by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

Going for that b&w film look, that way I can claim it as 'art'.

I'm fairly happy that I'm not limited to 200 photos now, but the design is a bit much for me. There's so much going on, but none of it particular easy to get around. But I try not to complain too much about things I don't pay for.

same here, not a fan of the facebook/pinterest-ish layout. It feels cluttered when I'm looking at Flickr from a desktop, though I think it works for mobile. I'm mostly happy about the added features for non-pro members.

sorry about pro members getting shortchanged :( I wanted to go pro eventually since about a third of my photos were hidden from public view. glad I won't have to pay for that now.

I posted this in Banter, too, but this is a better thread for it:

What cameras do people like? I'm specifically looking for a DSLR, and I've read that the Nikon D3100 is a good all-rounder. I can get it, with two lenses, for under $600.00, which is very nice. But I've also heard good things about Canon (a lot of people seem to love the Rebel).

I really can't go over $1,000.00 right now, with at least one good lens. I'd really like to be able to spend less than $1,000.00 for the camera body, a couple lenses, some filters, and a flash - it seems like I could easily do that with Nikon D3100. But what do you guys recommend?

(I've also been looking at the Nikon D5100 - if I go with Nikon, is the 5100 worth the extra money over the 3100?)

I posted this in Banter, too, but this is a better thread for it:

What cameras do people like? I'm specifically looking for a DSLR, and I've read that the Nikon D3100 is a good all-rounder. I can get it, with two lenses, for under $600.00, which is very nice. But I've also heard good things about Canon (a lot of people seem to love the Rebel).

I really can't go over $1,000.00 right now, with at least one good lens. I'd really like to be able to spend less than $1,000.00 for the camera body, a couple lenses, some filters, and a flash - it seems like I could easily do that with Nikon D3100. But what do you guys recommend?

(I've also been looking at the Nikon D5100 - if I go with Nikon, is the 5100 worth the extra money over the 3100?)

I don't do much research on Nikons anymore but I know Costco is selling a bundle with the Canon T4i or T5i and a couple of lenses for about $900. no flash and no filters, though. From what I've seen, Nikon definitely seems to be the less expensive choice in terms of lenses. I always find great lens deals for Nikons, less so for Canon.

However I'm very happy with my Canon because its interface is a lot easier to use, maybe because I started out with a film Canon SLR and I've always been used to it. To this day I still can't figure out Nikons. Have you tried out any DSLRs lately? you can always keep price in mind but I recommend you check out what's the best fit for you.

+1 for the Canon 600D, probably one of the most popular entry level DSLRs around at the moment. If you're after a decent second lens, the 50mm f1.8 punches well above it's price point. Properly garbage build quality and the focus sounds like a dying cat, but its absolutely impossible to fault the picture quality for £80.

If you've got any DSLR using friends, ask to try them out.

Imho, changing things like metering, focus points and focus mode are easier on the Canon. Nikon, however, has a dedicated white balance button IIRC.

I would personally go to a shop and fiddle around with both brands... If you like one, see how low they can go in price, or what extras they may throw in, such as mem.cards or cleaning sets.

I'll pitch in

I went with the D5100, the main reason was that i found a decent deal that was far cheaper than the equivalent canon, and as a first DSLR it's cracking, has the same sensor as the D7100, flippy tilty screen and not difficult to use although I haven't picked up a canon before so can't really compare but anyone with a braincell will hardly be flummoxed. i'd recommend going for body only (ignore the kit lens) and getting a couple of primes, 50 1.8 and 35 1.8 are brilliant quick and cheap all rounders. with that set up you'll be ready to go and can add accessories as you go.

Quality wise it's all great stuff, and a big plus 1 on the lenses. Also, intelAI, your description made a few people lol ;)

Properly garbage build quality and the focus sounds like a dying cat, but its absolutely impossible to fault the picture quality for £80.

Properly garbage build quality and the focus sounds like a dying cat

so that's what it was :eek:

I wish I knew more about lenses when I bought my T1i. my kit lens doesn't do much for me. A refurb 40mm pancake lens on canon.com is really cheap, though it's out of stock right now (same goes for the nifty fity :mad:). 50mm can be an awkward focal length for DSLRs with cropped sensors. that was a bit of an issue for me when I borrowed my friend's nifty fifty. I feel 40mm is truest to what the human eye sees. The focusing is also very quiet and fast.

so that's what it was :eek:

I wish I knew more about lenses when I bought my T1i. my kit lens doesn't do much for me. A refurb 40mm pancake lens on canon.com is really cheap, though it's out of stock right now (same goes for the nifty fity :mad:). 50mm can be an awkward focal length for DSLRs with cropped sensors. that was a bit of an issue for me when I borrowed my friend's nifty fifty. I feel 40mm is truest to what the human eye sees. The focusing is also very quiet and fast.

Ideal solution is to get a full sensor body? ;)

I love the 50mm f1.8, and I think on a full frame sensor it is as true to the eye as you can get, I think the 50mm was the standard focal length of film cameras?

In regards to buying cameras nikon/canon it's all good, it's just what you prefer and feel more natural to use. To me that was canon, plus I have loads of friends on canon means you can try out/borrow their lenses woo!

Ideal solution is to get a full sensor body? ;)

I love the 50mm f1.8, and I think on a full frame sensor it is as true to the eye as you can get, I think the 50mm was the standard focal length of film cameras?

In regards to buying cameras nikon/canon it's all good, it's just what you prefer and feel more natural to use. To me that was canon, plus I have loads of friends on canon means you can try out/borrow their lenses woo!

funny about that, when i was on cropped i rocked 50mm all the time but when i moved to full frame i loved the 85mm more. i just prefer having that extra zoom so i can take shots that aren't so invasive, and if i go invasive i go all out with 17mm on full frame ;)

Mmmmm smooth crisp bokeh

funny about that, when i was on cropped i rocked 50mm all the time but when i moved to full frame i loved the 85mm more. i just prefer having that extra zoom so i can take shots that aren't so invasive, and if i go invasive i go all out with 17mm on full frame ;)

Haha camera IN THE FACE.

I wonder how much distortion you get at 17mm, though I like the lens distortion effect.

How you finding the 24-70mm?

Mmmmm smooth crisp bokeh

Haha camera IN THE FACE.

I wonder how much distortion you get at 17mm, though I like the lens distortion effect.

How you finding the 24-70mm?

That shot was on the 24-70mm, I can bring that lens only to most places. 17 is distorted but its obviously intended for wide shots so all good