its a coal power station, so I think (hope) thats steam, not smoke :chuckle: it was just a remarkably non-windy day so the steam clouds got huge instead of blowing away!

& I adore that song. am actually friends with the drummer & his gf but he quit not long ago because apparently some of the other guys were dicks :( such a shame, best new stuff I've heard in forever.

I love those beach photos! something about the sand in focus and the blurred rainbow umbrella...

nice photo, mipanda! just think it could use a tighter crop. I'm a big fan of backlit clouds and plumes though I'm pretty sure coal-fired plant plumes are toxic :eek:

Edited by polythenelucy

hay guise I was just thinking

years ago we used to pick a photo & then all do our own version of it. Like um, bare feet on grass next to shoes. Or a loveheart drawn on your fingertip.

Maybe that could be something fun to bring back?

years ago we used to pick a photo & then all do our own version of it. Like um, bare feet on grass next to shoes. Or a loveheart drawn on your fingertip.

I wanna do that, I'll try my best with my iphone or compact :supersad:

Ha yes! I remember, think it might have had a name like muser tribute or something like that.

Hay guyz,

Tomorrow the bf is going to buy a Canon 7D and he's been wondering what lens to best accompany it. He takes a lot of action cycling shots and landscapes for his website.

What do you guys think would be appropriate for that type of shooting?

ps, neither of us know a huge deal about photography, it's an investment for their website. At the moment they use a point and shoot Sony and they find the photos can be washed out and grainy

An example of the photos they take:

http://www.cycleatlas.com/1/post/2013/07/zumsteins-halls-gap-australia-73km-red.html

564657.png?672

Hay guyz,

Tomorrow the bf is going to buy a Canon 7D and he's been wondering what lens to best accompany it. He takes a lot of action cycling shots and landscapes for his website.

What do you guys think would be appropriate for that type of shooting?

ps, neither of us know a huge deal about photography, it's an investment for their website. At the moment they use a point and shoot Sony and they find the photos can be washed out and grainy

An example of the photos they take:

http://www.cycleatlas.com/1/post/2013/07/zumsteins-halls-gap-australia-73km-red.html

564657.png?672

I'd probably say 16-35mm f2.8 or 17-40mm f4. I have the latter and it does amazing wide shots. It's extreme wide so is perfect for sporty shots of cycling dudes flexing their tightly packed muscle flesh.

Thanks so much Bob! Really appreciate it. :D will report back on what they decide (whether the camera guy manages to sell us other shit) :D out photog friend suggested 25-105mm I'm kinda confused. When it has a range that large, will it still be able to do wide angle shots? Cause I've done a bit of reading and now understand what lens is what, but what happens when it has a range like that? :unsure:

Also, not looking for it now, but what would you guys recommend as a good general everyday lens for beginners? We want to start learning how to take lovely photos :)

Edited by ninja

Thanks so much Bob! Really appreciate it. :D will report back on what they decide (whether the camera guy manages to sell us other shit) :D out photog friend suggested 25-105mm I'm kinda confused. When it has a range that large, will it still be able to do wide angle shots? Cause I've done a bit of reading and now understand what lens is what, but what happens when it has a range like that? :unsure:

Also, not looking for it now, but what would you guys recommend as a good general everyday lens for beginners? We want to start learning how to take lovely photos :)

24-105mm is neat too and has IS but not as wide, we are talking about crazy barrel distortion wide. You do however have more tele on the 24-105 but I don't think 24 is wide enough especially when it's a cropped sensor, 24 on full frame is nice (consider a 5d mark 2 or even 6d if you want full frame, they even come with good everyday lenses (24-70 or 34-105)

Best lens to start with is a prime 50mm lens. Mainly because the limitation of focal length encourages creativity (which is why I'm rocking a fixed 23mm)

On a 7D you might want to get a 30 mm, for instance the Sigma 1.4 (or you could get the 35 mm 1.4, since you could later use it on a full frame camera if you decide to get one).

If I were to do it again I'd go straight to full frame to avoid the whole need for future proofing