Dat feel when you are finally succesful at digitising film negatives with your DSLR:

8722580935_a2d1e13a64.jpg

Middleton 4 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

8723700442_bb8e3ae9fc.jpg

Middleton 3 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

8722579019_f8a1a1528b.jpg

Middleton 1 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

Also, not sure if anyone will be bothered but I just listed my Canon 75-300mm lens on ebay. Not a particularly special lens, but not bad, I just never used it. Link is below if anyone is interested:

8724467342_cc02e6c24e.jpg

75-300 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EF-75-300mm-f-4-0-5-6-III-Lens-/261213347277?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item3cd1875dcd

Dat feel when you are finally succesful at digitising film negatives with your DSLR:

8722580935_a2d1e13a64.jpg

Middleton 4 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

8723700442_bb8e3ae9fc.jpg

Middleton 3 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

8722579019_f8a1a1528b.jpg

Middleton 1 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

Also, not sure if anyone will be bothered but I just listed my Canon 75-300mm lens on ebay. Not a particularly special lens, but not bad, I just never used it. Link is below if anyone is interested:

8724467342_cc02e6c24e.jpg

75-300 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EF-75-300mm-f-4-0-5-6-III-Lens-/261213347277?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item3cd1875dcd

cool :) i've been meaning to digitize my negatives with a scanner but I like that the detail is much better with a dslr!

I've scanned my first roll and I struggled with getting all the detail I wanted. Then again it was fisheye and it wasn't shot in the brightest conditions. Hoping the next roll will be better.

So I've landed myself the job as the photographer for my friend's 21st this Saturday. Don't expect he'll have high standards, but is there any advice for night photography? E.g. any settings, or adjustments I should be making? Matt your input would be greatly appreciated because you know my photo details a bit.

or any party photography advice at all...

If possible, a high aperture (as it'll be dark), think you could go to 2.7 with your camera, so something like aperture priority mode on 2.7 would work well.

If you have any metering modes, try spot metering (or centre metering).

If possible, a high aperture (as it'll be dark), think you could go to 2.7 with your camera, so something like aperture priority mode on 2.7 would work well.

If you have any metering modes, try spot metering (or centre metering).

Awesome, I shall check my settings and get back to you :)

Had a great run today :happy:

8696465049_8f8cbf279f_c.jpg

Navarone by MaQPhoto, on Flickr

loooove this one. it has the ~vibe~ that I was talking about ages ago where its like you KNOW how awesome the gig was. so atmospheric :happy:

And finally, there was this one.

8546484319_84d6a8b89f.jpg

InkGlass1 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

I always always complain about selective colouring on photos... But i really love this! Its done really well, very professional!

heres a boring as shit photo just so i have something to contribute. started this photography course and the first assessment is so painfully boring - car shots. YAWN. this is the one I liked the most but didn't use for obvious reasons

8740036845_6e13e7d934.jpg

Naffan by mipanda, on Flickr

yeah its so painfully basic that i've procrastinated for ages over it. Like

'take 3 photos of a moving vehicle at shutter speeds of 1/1000, 1/250 and 1/30. How are they different?'

GOOD HEAVENS I just have no idea what will happen when I do that.

But I read through the rest of the course and it thankfully gets a whole lot better soon :LOL:

it was embarrassing getting them printed! the lady was like 'oh new car huh?'

er yeah, i took heaps of photos of my car because i'm so proud to own a suzuki swift and I want the world to know it.

engagement shoot tomorrow *bites nails* i'm conveniently getting a much-needed haircut right before it so at least my hair will be fab.

yeah its so painfully basic that i've procrastinated for ages over it. Like

'take 3 photos of a moving vehicle at shutter speeds of 1/1000, 1/250 and 1/30. How are they different?'

GOOD HEAVENS I just have no idea what will happen when I do that.

But I read through the rest of the course and it thankfully gets a whole lot better soon :LOL:

:LOL: shutterspeeds for dummies, hope it improves more creatively

it was embarrassing getting them printed! the lady was like 'oh new car huh?'

er yeah, i took heaps of photos of my car because i'm so proud to own a suzuki swift and I want the world to know it.

engagement shoot tomorrow *bites nails* i'm conveniently getting a much-needed haircut right before it so at least my hair will be fab.

Ooo what ideas are going with? Or do we have to wait and see. Good luck hope it goes well

...that was so awkward. I hate being in front of the camera. I hope she got some not-awful photos.

Um we had some picnicy props, stood around being awkwardly affectionate on a rock. You know, the usual. >_< she said she'll put one up tonight and i'm shitting myself.