beautiful camera, just a tad out of my price range. especially love this shot

9243038570_34c0dcf492_b.jpg

whats with that light leak/flare (?) at the bottom? or is it a reflection from the table? can't tell.

ooh you live in cheshire! PLEASE visit Lyme park and get a shot of Mr Darcy when it arrives there

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/mr-darcy-giant-colin-firth-statue-in-londons-hyde-park-recreates-pride-and-prejudice-scene-8695490.html

Bottom bit was bokeh of the table i shot it from, originally wanted to crop it out but I loved the additional depth it gave (3 in total) as well as it giving you the feels that you're on the other side of the table (hopefully not masturbating)

i do have fun playing with the black and white settings on the x100s. Has a nice selection of b&w filters to choose from, and actually shooting with it makes the experience more genuine rather than lugging a huge dslr camera that you KNOW can take colour and intentionally making it shoot b&w.

i'm playing with multiple exposures atm with the x100s and it might be a case where b&w might help too

sry I don't know much about the x100s but isn't it the same case for both it and dslrs? Its still a digital camera, with a retro jacket on. I don't see how there'd be a huge difference between shooting with a fixed lens on a small dslr, and shooting with the x100s :unsure:

If you were talking film vs digital then yes, sure. But I don't see how an analogue-styled compact is more genuine than any other digital camera.

sry I don't know much about the x100s but isn't it the same case for both it and dslrs? Its still a digital camera, with a retro jacket on. I don't see how there'd be a huge difference between shooting with a fixed lens on a small dslr, and shooting with the x100s :unsure:

If you were talking film vs digital then yes, sure. But I don't see how an analogue-styled compact is more genuine than any other digital camera.

for starters you have an aperture ring and shutter speed dial. The camera is more of a rangefinder so you have to endure the joys of parallax when using the optical view finder. so grips and handling of the camera makes it handle more like a film camera.

the gradient looks good on the sky but I'd erase it off the building, assuming it's there. i just think it looks too dark right now but it's a great shot.

I'm deciding on whether to bring my 40mm pancake or 18-55mm kit lens for my next festival barrier. would make sense to bring a zoom lens, right? I won't have the advantage of a nice wide aperture (f/3.5-5.6) so I can only hope for good lighting.

the gradient looks good on the sky but I'd erase it off the building, assuming it's there. i just think it looks too dark right now but it's a great shot.

I did a little bit but probably not enough.

I'm deciding on whether to bring my 40mm pancake or 18-55mm kit lens for my next festival barrier. would make sense to bring a zoom lens, right? I won't have the advantage of a nice wide aperture (f/3.5-5.6) so I can only hope for good lighting.

Yeah I'd take the zoom and have the camera on continuous shutter

hey all :happy: recently went on a trip to the caribbean (Grand cayman) and got some super shots with an Olympus underwater cam! i hope you enjoy :)

9331241434_be831f0599_z.jpg

9331241510_7063ccb46d_z.jpg

9331241646_9d5f16cf1e_z.jpg

9328446999_e931e64748_z.jpg

9331241834_8ee647fc0f_z.jpg

9328447169_c5e896a989_z.jpg

very dodgy lighting underwater. no direct sunlight that day so it was hard getting good shots i took over 300 but only like 20 came out alright ://

So unfortunately my canon lens is stuffed, beyond an affordable repair for me. I roughly got a year and half out of it :/. Here's the last good photo I took with it!

9189352707_824028efca.jpg

This time round I'm probably thinking of making the switch to a compact system camera and also moving from canon to nikon. While keeping my compact camera for nights out anyway. Siiiighhh going to have to save for awhile... But does anyone have any experience with both nikon and canon? And with the compact system cameras?

Yonguo YN-560 III has arrived! :D my strobist/off camera lighting education can begin

wahey! i want to get into lighting but sadly find the setup far too cumbersome to go out with. quite like the idea that you can rock multiple YN560s since it's so cheaps. Man lighting gear is expensive (when you factor in pocket wizards etc)

wahey! i want to get into lighting but sadly find the setup far too cumbersome to go out with. quite like the idea that you can rock multiple YN560s since it's so cheaps. Man lighting gear is expensive (when you factor in pocket wizards etc)

yupp it's super expensive if you go for the nikon/canon lights and branded stuff. but what sealed it for me was the yongnuo RF-602/3 transceivers being so cheap, pocketwizards are nice but expensive, even for their cheapest as I was going to get the plus x's but the 560 III's have an RF603 receiver built in.

Yongnuo have really hit on something good and are only rising in popularity, even amongst pro's. my shopping list is growing though, umbrella, stands, RF603's, softbox, YN560 II's.

yupp it's super expensive if you go for the nikon/canon lights and branded stuff. but what sealed it for me was the yongnuo RF-602/3 transceivers being so cheap, pocketwizards are nice but expensive, even for their cheapest as I was going to get the plus x's but the 560 III's have an RF603 receiver built in.

Yongnuo have really hit on something good and are only rising in popularity, even amongst pro's. my shopping list is growing though, umbrella, stands, RF603's, softbox, YN560 II's.

awesomeballs, keen to see how it goes :) i can shove a 580ex ii on my x100s for absolute lulz, but yeah... never really use all the settings properly. Just so fiddly :(

oo I love that surreal film quality in those underwater shots :) assuming you used a digital camera!

So unfortunately my canon lens is stuffed, beyond an affordable repair for me. I roughly got a year and half out of it :/. Here's the last good photo I took with it!

9189352707_824028efca.jpg

This time round I'm probably thinking of making the switch to a compact system camera and also moving from canon to nikon. While keeping my compact camera for nights out anyway. Siiiighhh going to have to save for awhile... But does anyone have any experience with both nikon and canon? And with the compact system cameras?

agh sorry about the camera :( I don't have much experience with Nikons but it's always good to try out the camera before buying. people have been talking about mirrorless/compact system cameras in the thread (you can see bob's x100s shots). if it fits your shooting style, by all means get one! they can produce some high quality photos :) since I have a point and shoot and DSLR, I don't see the need for a mirrorless camera atm. bought a Panasonic Lumix GX1 not long ago but ended up selling it to a friend.

agh sorry about the camera :( I don't have much experience with Nikons but it's always good to try out the camera before buying. people have been talking about mirrorless/compact system cameras in the thread (you can see bob's x100s shots). if it fits your shooting style, by all means get one! they can produce some high quality photos :) since I have a point and shoot and DSLR, I don't see the need for a mirrorless camera atm. bought a Panasonic Lumix GX1 not long ago but ended up selling it to a friend.

Thanks so much for the reply!! I just don't think a dslr is right for me anyway, because I don't know a lot of the applications. But at the same time I still like to play around and have higher quality photos. But my friend actually bought one so I might be able to play around with hers before I make any decisions. But I'm also a poor uni student so I'll need to save for 6months before I go buying anything....gives me a lot of time to decide.

Thanks so much for the reply!! I just don't think a dslr is right for me anyway, because I don't know a lot of the applications. But at the same time I still like to play around and have higher quality photos. But my friend actually bought one so I might be able to play around with hers before I make any decisions. But I'm also a poor uni student so I'll need to save for 6months before I go buying anything....gives me a lot of time to decide.

I wrote a review of the x100s if you wanna read

http://www.crazybobbles.org/2013/07/23/fujifilm-x100s-review/

If you've got a budget I'd probably recommend a Sony Nex 5 or 6, depending on whether you want a viewfinder

I wrote a review of the x100s if you wanna read

http://www.crazybobbles.org/2013/07/23/fujifilm-x100s-review/

If you've got a budget I'd probably recommend a Sony Nex 5 or 6, depending on whether you want a viewfinder

its ISO 6400 looks like a Lumix ZS19's ISO 800 :eek:

I wasn't really fond of the fixed lens at first but I like that the camera is still small enough to fit inside a point-and-shoot pouch...would be really useful for events with camera restrictions. :D

its ISO 6400 looks like a Lumix ZS19's ISO 800 :eek:

I wasn't really fond of the fixed lens at first but I like that the camera is still small enough to fit inside a point-and-shoot pouch...would be really useful for events with camera restrictions. :D

there's an interchangeable version called the XPro-1 which I'm kinda GAS'ing on, but I'm probably going to wait until the next version of it comes out. Can rock a full on 55-200mm lens on it (or a 14mm lens), but like all things camera, that obviously comes with the compromise of bulk.

some new shots, used a lot of new shopping techniques for a more surreal, psychedelic look on them :) hope you likey :)

9404463791_f3d206a8d7_z.jpg

love that! makes me think of

, same kind of vibe.

I have been taking some pictures lately but not put them onto my computer as yet. instead have a phone camera shot from this morning

1044295_10151734151014043_1185136870_n.jpg

love that! makes me think of
, same kind of vibe.

I have been taking some pictures lately but not put them onto my computer as yet. instead have a phone camera shot from this morning

1044295_10151734151014043_1185136870_n.jpg

i love that song :D

that's an eerie looking pic, factory vibes and kind of scary how the smoke blocks out the sun....