8514660078_e6333761a4.jpg

Stop, Go by Deano88s, on Flickr

Full set of 11:

Love this one!!! So cool how you captured both the stop and go lights!

aw thanks! I have no idea how to recalibrate my laptop as I don't have a printer, and everything I read kept mentioning pairing up printed colour to screen colour. Its a hp pavillion and just really blue and non-contrasty, but I didn't realise until I was sending excel worksheets home and noticed how significantly different they looked compared to on my work desktop.

I really like this one :happy: the sharp silhouettes and the soft shadows/reflections on the ground. nice!

Thanks! All I did was desaturate the original color photo that I previously edited, and I loved the result.

I'm planning to buy a cheap colorimeter to calibrate my monitor. Maybe you could look into that, too! I haven't been able to find any that are dirt cheap, as with most photography-related stuff I want nowadays. :LOL: Hobbies can be so expensive. :$

N & i are having an engagement shoot sometime soon & i'm apprehensive as hell. I do not want to frolic around in fields and stare off into the distance looking pensive. That shit aint me, it aint us. We want photos that arent serious and are of things we would actually do.

Ideas so far:

- sitting on a couch together, him wearing his football jersey and yelling at the tv with a beer in his hand. While i read a book and drink wine.

- on the same couch, playing xbox & both yelling at tv

- tongue in cheek overly formal posed 'family' portrait with our poochies.

BUT i need inspiration. Plz link to or post photos of awesome couple shots

N & i are having an engagement shoot sometime soon & i'm apprehensive as hell. I do not want to frolic around in fields and stare off into the distance looking pensive. That shit aint me, it aint us. We want photos that arent serious and are of things we would actually do.

Ideas so far:

- sitting on a couch together, him wearing his football jersey and yelling at the tv with a beer in his hand. While i read a book and drink wine.

- on the same couch, playing xbox & both yelling at tv

- tongue in cheek overly formal posed 'family' portrait with our poochies.

BUT i need inspiration. Plz link to or post photos of awesome couple shots

I had a look on pinterest quick, there's a lot of samey ideas and poses floating about. I think you should make it as personal to you two as possible and you don't have to be lovey dovey and floaty. Make it fun!

So far I like these, for just being a little different

http://pinterest.com/pin/76279787408131503/

http://pinterest.com/pin/223702306460548940/

http://pinterest.com/pin/230528074647265640/

http://pinterest.com/pin/171699804515114112/

http://pinterest.com/pin/88242473920473390/

http://pinterest.com/pin/342414377888329890/

I think it's difficult to not find an engagement photo that isn't the couple just glued together in some romantic pose.

the zombie one :LOL: amazing! N isn't zombie obsessed like I am though :unsure:

I was looking through your flickr the other day, love them! Especially that bottom one, the colours are gorgeous :happy:

Aww thanks :happy: I've got a little Lent project going on, creating instead of giving something up.

saw the zombie one earlier, thought it was fantastic. just avoid fields, vintage furniture, sunsets and balloons.

Have you guys seen the full shoot? It's brilliant! I especially like the brief the couple gave.

http://www.amandarynda.com/2011/08/zombie-engagement-photos/

saw the zombie one earlier, thought it was fantastic. just avoid fields, vintage furniture, sunsets and balloons.

it's a shame vintage furniture & frames have become so... 'hipster,' because we spend so much time trawling through antique stores. I'll see what our photographer has in mind.

such a cute zombie story :LOL:

it's a shame vintage furniture & frames have become so... 'hipster,' because we spend so much time trawling through antique stores. I'll see what our photographer has in mind.

such a cute zombie story :LOL:

Yeah hopefully they will be good enough to do something that suits you, fingers crossed.

After you mentioning a shoot with your pooch I did see this and it made me chuckle :LOL: You could do that!

http://pinterest.com/pin/234890936787108660/

Some film stuff too:

6172888529_6bcfa4495f.jpg

5094696214_dc800985b1.jpg

4816664870_9ed86f4f5b.jpg

Mind if you share your flickr? :unsure: Love these film photos! Especially that clover pic...beautiful colors!

8552290375_727491f598_z.jpg

Motivation by SnipingForPacifists, on Flickr

so much uni work to do. but all that's on my mind is taking pictures. would like a flash & nicer lens though

this is great! the tone and clarity and even your expression work well together

I saw a set of wedding pics that were based on (500) Days of Summer...cutesy stuff though. is there a film or something that you're both really into?

Mind if you share your flickr? :unsure: Love these film photos! Especially that clover pic...beautiful colors!

dreamyourealive, I have a lot of rubbish on there too and some half aborted instant lomo project but most recent stuff tends to be nice stuff.

8552290375_727491f598_z.jpg

Motivation by SnipingForPacifists, on Flickr

so much uni work to do. but all that's on my mind is taking pictures. would like a flash & nicer lens though

love the lighting/shadows on your face. because in case nobody has noticed, use of light is pretty much the only thing I care about in critiquing photos :LOL: :LOL:

I saw a set of wedding pics that were based on (500) Days of Summer...cutesy stuff though. is there a film or something that you're both really into?

eeeeegh. I bet it was extremely cutesy :LOL: idk I kind of blanch at the idea of doing a movie themed one like that. Same with weddings, I'd never have a theme because that's reserved for y'know, every single other party I throw :chuckle:

love the lighting/shadows on your face. because in case nobody has noticed, use of light is pretty much the only thing I care about in critiquing photos :LOL: :LOL:

Thank you, i've been considering light a lot more recently, i really want to get started with doing portraits. A lighting kit (softboxes, strobes etc) and either a 50mm 1.8 or 85mm 1.8 (because they're cheap :rolleyes:) are both on my shopping list

this is great! the tone and clarity and even your expression work well together

Thanks, the expression just came naturally when confronted with the amount of work i have to do :(

I really like the story in your pictures, really nice shots.

I quite often feel that my pictures are not very good story-wise. Yours just really speak for themselves.

thank you for the kind words. i like to present pictures that feel as though there's a story behind them, with characters you can relate to or whom appear to have more to them than meets the eye. It comes from my inspirations in photography, mainly - Maciej Dakowicz, Zack Arias and an artist called Pahnl.

seconded, I adore that lens.

Been flicking through all my photos on lightroom. I say all, there's a good 5000 there so I've maybe been through half :LOL: But gosh, so many photos I disregarded at the time, but like more now.

edit:

8557229388_670de3caec.jpg

8557226526_7f361b6998.jpg

8557234382_b2d60ed524.jpg

8557232724_fca9f7e302.jpg

etc... makes me sad that I have zero inspiration these days. think i can only take photos when I'm miserable :LOL:

Edited by mipanda

seconded, I adore that lens.

Been flicking through all my photos on lightroom. I say all, there's a good 5000 there so I've maybe been through half :LOL: But gosh, so many photos I disregarded at the time, but like more now.

edit:

8557229388_670de3caec.jpg

8557226526_7f361b6998.jpg

8557234382_b2d60ed524.jpg

8557232724_fca9f7e302.jpg

etc... makes me sad that I have zero inspiration these days. think i can only take photos when I'm miserable :LOL:

I think that's how I got into photography :LOL: back when I was 18, now I just want to do edgy ideas. I got an idea with a pig's heart I want to do but never got round to doing.

I don't have the nifty fifty myself, but I really like what I see. I have the 1.4 myself, it seems a bit soft at times, but at f2.0 and higher it's great!

50mm f1.4?

I've been shooting a lot with 50mm f1.8 and it's still my favourite lens, granted at 1.8 it gets a bit shallow in the dof and might not be the best look for what you're going for. But it's still crackin' for the price.