Me and my mate headed out in the snow today. I think the insides of our 550D's are probably still wet, but at least if they dies then they got some nice shots first.

8380874498_8e2d3f1f77.jpg

SnowWalk8 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

8379792329_427727b47a.jpg

SnowWalk4 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

8380872962_0a1e9584ed.jpg

SnowWalk1 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

8380875020_956193ea2c.jpg

SnowWalk11 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

8379792735_ea5e0e6b10.jpg

SnowWalk7 by IntelligentAl, on Flickr

Alex's 550D 25th August 2012-14th January 2013 RIP

You should be fine; my recommendation would be, if it's wet, to put it in a plastic bag with either rice or those silicon bags you get with a lot of products.

Also recommended when it's cold (as in -10 or colder), going back inside. Condensation could harm your camera.

PRODUCTIVE CRITICISM, YAY.

I'm really happy that Photography has finally reached it's third incarnation :happy: it's only taken four years or so...

I feel sort of like dunno pensioners or something from the relics of time from the original thread.

I loved that thread/community :(

Me too! Lots of friends from there and it was fun :happy:

Do you still take photos? :p

Yeahhh just not at the moment, doing a lot of film recently, got a fisheye roll to finish though and lc-a b/w. I'm in mega lock down job huntin' mode at the moment. Cause, need to move to Londres and all that.

8381250340_90f714250f_z.jpg

selective colour may be overdone and a bit cliché, (especially when that colour is red) but this was the only photo i took today and I quite like it. shame the weather is awful, we don't seem to be getting the snow the rest of the uk has, it just rains instead...

also, what sites do y'all use for uploading/hosting your photos? i was thinking tumblr, flickr, although decent, has a limit and i don't fancy paying.

Yay! Extreme angles it is. I shall be looking for such things in my country environment....

I like the vignette! gives it a nice film quality. :)

Thank you, one of the many settings on my camera...I'm actually a little annoyed that I didn't the whole sign name in the middle though as it kinda darkens at the right.

I went for a walk at the weekend...

8384466856_ee9bc9afd4.jpg

Decay by Deano88s, on Flickr

8384464974_c9b1900dc5.jpg

Offices by Deano88s, on Flickr

8384506036_7f99205a54.jpg

Bridge by Deano88s, on Flickr

And had a go at some HDR editing

8384502224_faa3e99a33.jpg

Merchant's Bridge by Deano88s, on Flickr

Full set from my morning out here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deano_/sets/72157632531864044/with/8384505070/

[spoiler=also competition entry(ies)]8384479956_f4983e1493.jpg

Cascade by Deano88s, on Flickr

And this if we're allowed more than one entry each

8384505070_829e234cc1.jpg

Spiral Staircase by Deano88s, on Flickr

Edited by Deano.

You mean photos don't you :chuckle:?

I'm thinking about making a specific thread for the photo challenges explaining rules etc. Updating the first post on the new challenge details etc. and make a general discussion specifically aimed at the challenge.

Voting polls can go later; I don't think we need to make them anonymous, as most of use will put them online anyway, unless someone is really in favour for anonymous entries.

I'm thinking about making a specific thread for the photo challenges explaining rules etc. Updating the first post on the new challenge details etc. and make a general discussion specifically aimed at the challenge.

Voting polls can go later; I don't think we need to make them anonymous, as most of use will put them online anyway, unless someone is really in favour for anonymous entries.

I meant the entries as those were my favourites from that post :p

These are very nice entries! :happy:

Thank you :happy:

I think making a new thread is a good idea. As for anonymity, do you mean the photos or the votes on poll? It's too late for me this time if it's the former :LOL:. Either way, i'm not bothered about it being anonymous.