As you can see, the lens/distance combos cause the cat to look like everything from the Cheshire Cat to the Catbus.

That is such a perfect visual and fun example of something I try to explain to the students where I work! I might steal the picture to help!

I feel sort of like dunno pensioners or something from the relics of time from the original thread.

WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP I CAN'T HEAR YOU

And what if I actually posted a photo? That would be novel.

8387286857_38c4b62084_c.jpg

It's a monkey.

That is such a perfect visual and fun example of something I try to explain to the students where I work! I might steal the picture to help!

WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP I CAN'T HEAR YOU

And what if I actually posted a photo? That would be novel.

8387286857_38c4b62084_c.jpg

It's a monkey.

I'M HEREEEeeee

8397421404_2b15b7ec90.jpg

Big puppy! :happy: Such a sweetie.

I realised my laptop is proper shit for colour adjustment. It looks quite blue tinged to me but on my work computer it will look a lot warmer. So it's pretty impossible to know if it's right :chuckle: no editing aside from that and a really slight vignette though.

I realised my laptop is proper shit for colour adjustment. It looks quite blue tinged to me but on my work computer it will look a lot warmer. So it's pretty impossible to know if it's right :chuckle: no editing aside from that and a really slight vignette though.

so lovely! aww cute :happy:

some psych center shots

8397472928_b291da3803_z.jpg

8396388901_23885d13e9_z.jpg

8396389951_8002fd014e_z.jpg

8397475902_53fa1f8a67_z.jpg

8377266880_21d810042c_z.jpg

I like the shots, but the crooked horizon bothers me!

I didnt notice that! ahh well its not worth firing up ohotoshop to fix, theres always tomorrow :LOL:

Lovely! :happy: I always find that your photos have a insanely awesome colour scheme!

thanks! i've been trying to incorporate more colors and exotic things in photo sessions, good to hear from someone enjoying it :happy::happy:

cute!!! :happy: it's slightly blue tinged on my laptop but my display is also pretty shit. eventually I realized anything I process from my laptop tends to have REALLY high contrast on a Mac. that's when I started paying more attention to color space...

I decided not to try and sneak in my Canon T1i to the San Diego Muse gig tomorrow, so I'm bringing a borrowed Fujifilm Finepix (not sure what model, but from 2011, I think). It's a step up from a basic point-and-shoot, but I'm pretty disappointed after taking a few photos... lots of noise, confusing interface, and no RAW. :(

cute!!! :happy: it's slightly blue tinged on my laptop but my display is also pretty shit. eventually I realized anything I process from my laptop tends to have REALLY high contrast on a Mac. that's when I started paying more attention to color space...

I decided not to try and sneak in my Canon T1i to the San Diego Muse gig tomorrow, so I'm bringing a borrowed Fujifilm Finepix (not sure what model, but from 2011, I think). It's a step up from a basic point-and-shoot, but I'm pretty disappointed after taking a few photos... lots of noise, confusing interface, and no RAW. :(

Good luck! If you need any tips on settings, let me know! :)

Good luck! If you need any tips on settings, let me know! :)

Thanks for offering! i could've gotten away with sneaking in an SLR...oh well. :rolleyes: the aperture on the Finepix was very slow, so most of my photos were shit. but I still enjoyed the gig immensely....!!! :D:D:D managed to get Dom's drustick!

i'm also considering purchasing a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS19 as a gig camera. have any of you tried it out? only downside I've noticed about it is that it can't shoot in RAW, which is alright since I'm very used to shooting in JPEG. If the camera is any good, I'm probably going to purchase it online...today. hoping it'll arrive in time for the Saturday's LA gig.

Edited by polythenelucy

Matthijs, what camera mode would you recommend for taking photos at gigs? With my DSLR, I always shoot manual and adjust ISO and shutter speed depending on lighting, how far I'm zooming in, etc.

I also just received my Lumix camera yesterday and played around with it...tried Av (slow shutter), Tv (dark photos), and manual (eh). Manual is ok but the camera interface makes it difficult to quickly adjust ISO. Can't decide what would be best for the gig tomorrow. Then again, I haven't tried any of the available modes (auto, P, C1, C2 whatever they are).

Matthijs, what camera mode would you recommend for taking photos at gigs? With my DSLR, I always shoot manual and adjust ISO and shutter speed depending on lighting, how far I'm zooming in, etc.

I also just received my Lumix camera yesterday and played around with it...tried Av (slow shutter), Tv (dark photos), and manual (eh). Manual is ok but the camera interface makes it difficult to quickly adjust ISO. Can't decide what would be best for the gig tomorrow. Then again, I haven't tried any of the available modes (auto, P, C1, C2 whatever they are).

I'm not Matthijs but I have Lumix TZ10 aswell which has a very fast burst mode (10 fps iirc) which is like cheat mode so long as the light is half decent. Problem with that is all you get are low quality jpegs and the zoom is limited. Other than using that i've just done my best on shutter priority with a high ISO when using my compact.

[spoiler=examples using lumix burst mode on speed priority (rather than image priority)]

6745217323_38ede190ec.jpg

Frank Turner confetti by Deano88s, on Flickr

8162313159_926fbfd5ba.jpg

Matthew Bellamy by Deano88s, on Flickr

8162679334_b3bd639bbc.jpg

Turbowolf by Deano88s, on Flickr

Edited by Deano.