2013.07.14 - Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany

Lazlo

The ibis hotel should be nice. Mitte is meant it be the place to stay!

Me and my friend have short listed about 10 apartments most in Mitte near Alexanderplatz and a couple In Kreuzberg. Trouble is we like the look of them all and can't decide but must book soon.

What is the capacity of Waldbühne ? And do you think that it will be sold out?

I was wondering how ticket sales were going as I'd hate for it to be cancelled but can't find the information anywhere?

according to the website, the capacity of the Waldbühne is 22.290 attendants.

source: http://www.waldbuehne-berlin.de/location.html

I'm not sure whether the show will sell out, but i think it'll at least get close...

I was really surprised that I managed to get a ticket in late March despite the "low" capacity of the venue.

maybe it will sell out maybe not but as you say it's gonna be close

I was really surprised that I managed to get a ticket in late March despite the "low" capacity of the venue.

i think, one of the reasons for why the show, despite the "low"-capacity venue, isn't sold out yet, is simply because muse aren't as famous in germany as they are in other countries...

Saw this on the official waldbuhne site. Can someone tell me whats that about the metro/bus ticket

Bitte beachten Sie, dass das Mitbringen vonnothing Getränken (ausschließlich alkoholfrei) nur bis max. 0,5-Liter-Gefäßgröße pro Person im TetraPak oder Plastikflasche (PET) erlaubt ist. Die Mitnahme von größeren Verpackungseinheiten (über 0,5l) sowie sperrigen Gegenstände, Glas oder Dosen ist nicht gestattet.

Ihre Tickets beinhalten den Fahrpreis zur Waldbühne für die Hin- u. Rückfahrt im VBB/BVG-Streckennetz mit S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Tram und Bus (VBB-Tarifbereiche ABC) ab zwei Stunden vor Einlass bis 03.00 Uhr frühmorgens am Folgetag.

Saw this on the official waldbuhne site. Can someone tell me whats that about the metro/bus ticket

Bitte beachten Sie, dass das Mitbringen vonnothing Getränken (ausschließlich alkoholfrei) nur bis max. 0,5-Liter-Gefäßgröße pro Person im TetraPak oder Plastikflasche (PET) erlaubt ist. Die Mitnahme von größeren Verpackungseinheiten (über 0,5l) sowie sperrigen Gegenstände, Glas oder Dosen ist nicht gestattet.

Ihre Tickets beinhalten den Fahrpreis zur Waldbühne für die Hin- u. Rückfahrt im VBB/BVG-Streckennetz mit S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Tram und Bus (VBB-Tarifbereiche ABC) ab zwei Stunden vor Einlass bis 03.00 Uhr frühmorgens am Folgetag.

It says that your tickets are valid as a return ticket to the Waldbühne in the VBB/BVG network. You can use S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Tram and Bus from two hours before the show onwards (so if you want to cue early you'll have to pay an extra ticket) and to return (to the station or whatever) you have to finish your journey by 3 am after the concert.

Don't bring drinks above 0,5 litres is the first part, only plastic or tetra packs.

It says that your tickets are valid as a return ticket to the Waldbühne in the VBB/BVG network. You can use S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Tram and Bus from two hours before the show onwards (so if you want to cue early you'll have to pay an extra ticket) and to return (to the station or whatever) you have to finish your journey by 3 am after the concert.

Don't bring drinks above 0,5 litres is the first part, only plastic or tetra packs.

That's nice they include transport to and from the venue. Good you can take juice cartons in too.

Hoping cameras are ok there.

That's nice they include transport to and from the venue. Good you can take juice cartons in too.

Yeah I think so too, but it's pretty common in Germany :happy:

Doesn't say about cameras... maybe the others know (I'm not attending this gig so I don't really know, didn't look at the site or anything)

Doesn't say about cameras... maybe the others know (I'm not attending this gig so I don't really know, didn't look at the site or anything)

because Mc Queen mentioned the website, i took a look at it. in the house rules it says, that taking pictures, videos or recording tone is forbidden. however, i think that that is something that most venues state in their house rules and usually quite many people have their phones or cameras out during gigs and take pictures or videos nonetheless. i don't think it'll be a problem, if you try to take a camera inside, unless it's a big SLR, they probably won't let you in with that...;)

Edit: plus, you can find several videos on youtube, which were taken during gigs at the waldbühne, so taking a camera should be fine...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did see that one but as I'm going for a week with a non Muser friend decided the central option was the best - but one that's 30 mins by train to the Olympic stadium so easy to get back from!

I did think I could book the stadium hotel for one night but I'll head back as it looks like trains and routes are good.

Do we get a different stage? This stage does not fit I think...

[spoiler=Stage design]BKOVKuqCAAEbtSo.jpg:large

If we can trust ticketmaster germany we will get a different stage

In a mail they said "Die Show des Headliners MUSE, die in einer der atemberaubendsten Outdoor-Locations Deutschlands stattfindet, verspricht unverwechselbar und einzigartig in ihrer Art zu werden. So wird beispielsweise eine, eigenes für die beiden deutschen Shows konzipierte Bühne gebaut" - Ticketmaster"

the proof is in the attachment of this post

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=10082375&postcount=80

In a mail they said "Die Show des Headliners MUSE, die in einer der atemberaubendsten Outdoor-Locations Deutschlands stattfindet, verspricht unverwechselbar und einzigartig in ihrer Art zu werden. So wird beispielsweise eine, eigenes für die beiden deutschen Shows konzipierte Bühne gebaut" - Ticketmaster"

Hi don't suppose anyone could translate that for me? I'm interested to know what the stage will be like at Berlin :)

Hi don't suppose anyone could translate that for me? I'm interested to know what the stage will be like at Berlin :)

the mail translated: headliner muse' show, which is to take place in one of the most breathtaking outdoor-locations in germany, promises to be one-of-a-kind. for instance, the stage will be designed specifically for the two german gigs.

Archived