2013.07.14 - Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany

Lazlo

Guten Tag Everyone!

I´d also be keen for a meetup on Friday or Saturday. Lazlo, you mentioned organizing a meetup and some sightseeing? I´d be happy to help with that. I´m a student from Munich so I speak German and can help with translating (not that that's really an issue in Berlin). Olympiastadion sounds like a good meetup spot, then we can all get acquainted with the venue so we know how to plan for Sunday :D Perhaps a bit earlier so we can see a bit more of the city? Lazlo or anyone can PM me if they wanna plan this out at bit further. My reccomendation would be around 1pm, but I'll go with whatever works for the most people!

See you guys then! -Max

Starting to get butterflies for my trip now. Have realised my german is practically non-existent :$ - so I will be welded to my little phrasebook. Have also practised smiling and pointing, so hopefully I should get by (fingers crossed).

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Nearly everybody in Germany speaks at least a little English, and the majority even more than a little. So communication in shops and restaurants etc shouldn't be a problem, especially not in a city like Berlin. :)

Hello fellow Musers!

So Lazlo and I have decided to make the official Berlin Muser Meet at 13:00 at the Olympiastadion. Anyone wanting to come with should post a short RSVP. I'll let Lazlo post the remaining details, exact meeting point etc. I look forward to seeing everyone!

Max

Nice places to visit besides the main tourist attractions like the Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag, Checkpoint Charlie, Judendenkmal are for example the East-side Gallery, Musikinstrumenten-Museum, Tacheles. Alexander-Platz is also a nice place to hang around, especially below the East bridge of the S-bahn, always a lot of street musicians.

For cheap but good food (and cheap cocktails) I suggest the area of the Simon-Dach Strasse (for example Dachkammer or Factory Girl) and Boxhagener Strasse in Friedrichshain. On sunday before the gig it might be nice to go to a brunch in a restaurant. If you go to a brunch in Friedrichshain / Mitte it will cost you 7-10 euro for all you can eat ;)

Thanks for this. :)

A muser meetup would be cool. We could for example meet up on Saturday at the Waldbuhne and go to a nice bar/park/Admiralbrucke from there.

EDIT: Also a post-gig afterparty should be organised ;) (Maybe at the Kaffee Burger, sunday is classic disco night ;))

Yay to meetup - not sure about post-gig party as I have stupidly early flight to catch Monday (7.30AM!) but I guess I can sleep on the plane!

I am having problem MQ on the iPad.

As you seem to know Berlin, I propose you be our Berlin meetup organiser.:)

Just tell us where to go and what time, then I'll find my way there.

maybe give us some direction how to get there as I do not speak German and is a complete stranger in Berlin plus lacking any sense of direction.:LOL:

I can vouch for this. There are many tales told of her disorganisation:p

We can meet at 15:00 on saturday at the main entrance of the Olympic Stadium (next to the Waldbuhne); http://goo.gl/maps/zW1QD

Then we can stake out the venue and afterwards go to somewhere nice in Berlin for drinks, I know some good spots, but maybe local musers have better ideas ;)

Easiest way to get there is S-Bahn station Olympiastadion or U-Bahn station Olympia-Stadion and walk to the main entrance from there (~500m)

Sounds cool. From looking at googlemap, I thought Pichelsberg was closer, but prob doesn't matter much.

Timing: 3pm is ok, but it splits the afternoon a bit. Although I want to meet nice musers, I would also like to see the city as I have never been before. I want to do both!! :D ...like Max said, meeting up earlier would allow some group sightseeing. OR we meet up a bit later for venue check and drinks etc in eve? Just an idea. Anyway, count me in!

EDIT: it took me so long to post this that Max posted before me! Ignore last paragraph. Apart from last sentence. YES - Musermeet is On :D

Berlin Musermeet

Date: July 13, 2013

Time: 13:00

To get to S-Bahn station Berlin-Pichelsdorf you need to get onto the S5 in the direction of Spandau (map). Leave the station through the east exit.

We will stake out the venue first and then go to the city center for sightseeing and some drinks with fellow musers :)

At 17:00 we will be under the Brandenburger Tor to pickup some fellow musers who can't make it before 17:00.

RSVP list:

-------------------------

Lazlo +1

charming queen

MaxManSmart

scifigeekgirl

andiihsandi

Spread the word!

Berlin Musermeet

To get to S-Bahn station Berlin-Pichelsdorf you need to get onto the S5 in the direction of Spandau (map).

We will stake out the venue first and then go to the city center for sightseeing and some drinks with fellow musers :)

RSVP list:

Lazlo +1

charming queen

MaxManSmart

scifigeekgirl

Spread the word!

Hi

Count me in.:) thanks for organising the meetup.

Just to clarify for me (as scifigeekgirl can vouch for me "special needs" of getting lost easily :D) -that we are meeting at the S Bahn station-Berlin-Pichelsdorf ?

Is there just one exit? (last Xmas in London, I managed to not meet my friend at Bond st underground station, because I was waiting upstairs at street level and she was waiting downstairs by the ticket office :LOL:)

Would it be easier to recognise us (since we are probably all strangers to each other that we wear Muse Tee or some other identification?:D)

would love to join the muser meetup but unfortunatly I'm arriving at Berlin Central Station around 15:00 (My arrival is delayed because of the floodings)

Have a nice day though ;)

Hi Mark

The meetup probably won't finish by 15.00 ;), maybe if someone could post on the thread where we'll be later in the day and you could join us then.

It'll be nice to see you again.:)

Just to clarify for me (as scifigeekgirl can vouch for me "special needs" of getting lost easily :D) -that we are meeting at the S Bahn station-Berlin-Pichelsdorf ?

Is there just one exit?

Berlin-Pichelsdorf has two exits. If your on the S5 in the direction of Spandau you have to leave the station from the direction the train came.

Would it be easier to recognise us (since we are probably all strangers to each other that we wear Muse Tee or some other identification?:D)

It would be easier, but it is not a very busy station so I do not think it will be a problem. If everybody will be here it we be allright.

Berlin-Pichelsdorf has two exits. If your on the S5 in the direction of Spandau you have to leave the station from the direction the train came.

It would be easier, but it is not a very busy station so I do not think it will be a problem. If everybody will be here it we be allright.

So are we meeting right outside those 2 drinking places in the pic? (sorry I am a simpleton when it comes to directions:$)

Hi

Just tell me exactly how I can help you, knowing I am quite useless taking photos or vids:LOL:

Btw I am flying out first thing on Friday morning.

It's really simple, we're only going to do a short Q&A's, and at some point I'll need you to hold my camera while it's recording me. It's like those reporting videos on TV. Sounds stupid, but it's for the fanbase, so I'm willing to do stupid. :awesome:

since we're going to meet up at saturday anyway, I can explain the whole thing there. :)

Berlin Musermeet

To get to S-Bahn station Berlin-Pichelsdorf you need to get onto the S5 in the direction of Spandau (map).

RSVP list:

Lazlo +1

charming queen

MaxManSmart

scifigeekgirl

Spread the word!

Count me in. I used to live in Berlin, so I know the way around. :) If you wanna do sightseeing after the venue stakeout, I'll be glad to help.

anyone else wanna help me with my little project?

It's really simple, we're only going to do a short Q&A's, and at some point I'll need you to hold my camera while it's recording me. It's like those reporting videos on TV. Sounds stupid, but it's for the fanbase, so I'm willing to do stupid. :awesome:

since we're going to meet up at saturday anyway, I can explain the whole thing there.

OK see you Saturday.:)

So are we meeting right outside those 2 drinking places in the pic? (sorry I am a simpleton when it comes to directions:$)

No, right in front of the S-Bahn exit, less likely to have people hanging around there so we are easier to spot. I will be standing againt the whitish bridge railing.

Count me in. I used to live in Berlin, so I know the way around. :)

Cool, I have added you in the original post!

Hi Mark

The meetup probably won't finish by 15.00 ;), maybe if someone could post on the thread where we'll be later in the day and you could join us then.

It'll be nice to see you again.:)

i thought something like that too thnx :). I'm in a hotel right at the Central Station just 10 min from the Brandenburger Tor and Reichstag. I'm in if it's possible to join the group at one of those places (or somewhere else). Only after 15:30 (because I've to check in and leave my stuff).

If it's too difficult to arrange a 2nd meet-up it's ok (don't want to spoil the fun)

Easiest way to get there is S-Bahn station Olympiastadion or U-Bahn station Olympia-Stadion and walk to the main entrance from there (~500m)

No, the area around the Olympic Stadium is closed, so you have to walk across the parking area and find the Jesse-Owens-Allee.

It's a much longer walk than it appears to be on Google Maps. It takes 30-40 minutes.

USE THE S-BAHN LINE S5 TO THE PICHELSBERG STATION!

And also remember the ticket to the concert works as a ticket to the public transport system. :)

No, the area around the Olympic Stadium is closed, so you have to walk across the parking area and find the Jesse-Owens-Allee.

It's a much longer walk than it appears to be on Google Maps. It takes 30-40 minutes.

USE THE S-BAHN LINE S5 TO THE PICHELSBERG STATION!

And also remember the ticket to the concert works as a ticket to the public transport system. :)

That's old info, read this post. Also your concert ticket will not be a valid public transport ticket on saturday. And last time I walked around the Olympic stadium to the Waldbuhne it took me 15-20 minutes.

That's old info, read this post. Also your concert ticket will not be a valid public transport ticket on saturday. And last time I walked around the Olympic stadium to the Waldbuhne it took me 15-20 minutes.

No, only from Sunday afternoon till the next morning of course. :)

When I walked that route I got quite lost as I didn't expectded the Olympic Stadium area to be closed. It was raining and windy as hell, so I guess that had an influence on my negative attitude. :stunned:

But still, if possible, use the Pichelsberg station.

No, only from Sunday afternoon till the next morning of course. :)

When I walked that route I got quite lost as I didn't expectded the Olympic Stadium area to be closed. It was raining and windy as hell, so I guess that had an influence on my negative attitude. :stunned:

But still, if possible, use the Pichelsberg station.

Maybe I just walk fast ;)

But more important, are joining us on saturday?

Maybe I just walk fast ;)

But more important, are joining us on saturday?

I'm coming with bus to the ZOB station at 2 pm. and from there I have to check in and get ready at my hotel at Alexanderplatz, so don't think I'd be able to join in some place before 4 pm.

Don't know how easy it'll be to find you at that time. :)

Archived