2013.07.14 - Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany

Lazlo

As they are doing several festivals in August/September, they will probably use the same stage setup. Can't imagine them sitting down and thinking "hmm, what special treatment could we design especially for our German fans who are the only ones in Europe that can't fill a fucking stadium...?" ;) Ticketmaster are probably over-dramatizing things a bit in the attempt to sell more tickets! :LOL:.

Edit: Yes, the Waldbühne's stage is permanent, stonewalled and everything.

As they are doing several festivals in August/September, they will probably use the same stage setup. Can't imagine them sitting down and thinking "hmm, what special treatment could we design especially for our German fans who are the only ones in Europe that can't fill a fucking stadium...?" ;) Ticketmaster are probably over-dramatizing things a bit in the attempt to sell more tickets! :LOL:.

Edit: Yes, the Waldbühne's stage is permanent, stonewalled and everything.

ok so my hopes that Muse are going to dismantle the permanent stage are gone :p. To be honoust I found it a bit too good to be true.

just a couple of screens I think, but anyways these 2 shows are still going to be epic because of the special venues.

My friends and i will go to Berlin for the MUSE concert, it’s so excited and so on. BUT! There is a problem: my friends will be in St. Goarshausen and i won’t, because i will be in Munchen for Atoms for peace at the same time.

i’ll come to Berlin from Munchen and will be absolutely alone for 2 days waiting for my friends from St. Goarshausen.

And i’m a bit scared to be there alone, because i don’t speak english well, i don’t know the city, and i cannot even imagine what i will be doing there these days to concert!

So, berlin-muse-fandom-mates, does anyone want to help me, show Berlin, and chat about Muse?

Please-please-please!

Hey guys! I might go to this gig,

but I am a bit disappointed that the stage is not going to be the same :(

what do you guys think? If we get a "special" stage will it be just as cool?

Also why can't GErmany fill a stadium but the rest of europe can? Hasn't muse done big gigs in germany before? I remember quite a few

The gigs in Germany will be special - I'm sure about this!

I would say the stage won't be as spectacular and different because Germany isn't as important and relevant for the band.

But nevertheless if you look at the impressive venue I'm sure that Muse will surprise us! :)

I'm really looking forward to Berlin - think this gig will be smaller but with great atmosphere - in such a cool setting from what I've seen on google photos!

I'm still a bit worried travelling on my own a bit but think it will be pretty easy to find my way back to Alexanderplatz where I'm staying. Hope I've picked the right location for our apartment!

If anyone knows the train I need to get back do let me know - I shall head to the Olympic stadium station after as that seems the best.

I'm really looking forward to Berlin - think this gig will be smaller but with great atmosphere - in such a cool setting from what I've seen on google photos!

I'm still a bit worried travelling on my own a bit but think it will be pretty easy to find my way back to Alexanderplatz where I'm staying. Hope I've picked the right location for our apartment!

If anyone knows the train I need to get back do let me know - I shall head to the Olympic stadium station after as that seems the best.

the venue is very cool indeed, without the massive stage it would still be an epic gig.

u need the S-Bahn (line S5) from Alexanderplatz to Spandau and exit the metro/train at Pichelsberg, that's one station further than Olympiastadium. After the gig you need the same line (S5) but to Strausberg Nord.

But I read somewhere that the S-Bahn and U-Bahn are out of business during the night and that there are busses driving the same route.

Hi!

Question to all of you living outside of Germany - did you order the tickets with delivery, or is there a way to collect the tickets once I arrive to Berlin, saving delivery fees?

Also, anyone knows how many tickets are left? Should I be in a hurry?

Hi!

Question to all of you living outside of Germany - did you order the tickets with delivery, or is there a way to collect the tickets once I arrive to Berlin, saving delivery fees?

Also, anyone knows how many tickets are left? Should I be in a hurry?

I bought my ticket from hekticket on 21/12/12, received it on 29/12/12, and the delivery charge was only 5.90 Euros.

I bought my ticket from hekticket on 21/12/12, received it on 29/12/12, and the delivery charge was only 5.90 Euros.

Awesome!! thanks!

They even have option to collect the tickets in Berlin which is even better.

Do you think they'll still include the b side stage for this show!?

I don't. I think it'll be a very stripped down stage production unless they remove some of the current stage, which I don't think any band has ever done.

Let's hope it means that we'll get 2-3 songs more on the setlist, and not some cutted out because of the little production!

So you didn't have any problems with buying there? I'm thinking about buying on hekticket because delivery charge on ticketmaster costs too much, But I'm just curious was everything okay with transaction :)

Out of interest does anyone know what time German gigs tend to finish - is there like a 10.30pm or 11pm curfew at this stadium?

I'm just curious!

For the Berlin outdoor venues the rule is 11pm on fridays and saturdays and 10pm for all other days. However, when Radiohead played in the Wuhlheide (a venue very similar to the Waldbühne) last year on a sunday, they got permission to play until 11. But then the concert was postponed from another date, and the original date was a saturday, so I guess they just wanted to avoid confusion. I've been to two other sunday gigs in Berlin last year (one in Wuhlheide, one in Waldbühne) and they both ended at 10. I don't see why Muse should get a permission to play longer, but you never know.

For the Berlin outdoor venues the rule is 11pm on fridays and saturdays and 10pm for all other days. However, when Radiohead played in the Wuhlheide (a venue very similar to the Waldbühne) last year on a sunday, they got permission to play until 11. But then the concert was postponed from another date, and the original date was a saturday, so I guess they just wanted to avoid confusion. I've been to two other sunday gigs in Berlin last year (one in Wuhlheide, one in Waldbühne) and they both ended at 10. I don't see why Muse should get a permission to play longer, but you never know.

Thank you thats helpful - I wondered if it would be an early curfew being a Sunday - will have to wait and see :)

Hello Berlin-goers! I finally got round to booking my hotel the other day, after a lot of dithering! Motel One, near Alexanderplatz. Good location, seemed reasonable, and had free wifi :) So, trip (Fri-Mon) is fully sorted :D Who's around for a poss meetup?

Yay Alexanderplatz! Looked easy to get to/from venue, and lots of good transport links generally. Hey you can travel there/back with me if you like :) BTW, I checked the transport and you can get a bus straight from airport - Alexanderplatz, no need for changing trains - very handy :D

u need the S-Bahn (line S5) from Alexanderplatz to Spandau and exit the metro/train at Pichelsberg, that's one station further than Olympiastadium. After the gig you need the same line (S5) but to Strausberg Nord.

But I read somewhere that the S-Bahn and U-Bahn are out of business during the night and that there are busses driving the same route.

I read on the Waldebuhne website that the U2 line also has an Olympiastadium station - but I think you're right, that the S5 maybe better for this venue. Pichelsberg is closer according to googlemaps;) ... But I'm pretty sure that some trains do run during the night - the Map said so ;) (see link below)

TRANSPORT: I found this public transport website really useful - maps, journey planner etc:

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/index.html

10pm? Crikey that's early! Well, if true, that gives us time enough for a nightcap drink after the gig ;):p

As for the stage: I'm sure what ever they do, it'll be great - the gigs have been brilliant this tour/album. yes the stadium stuff is wonderfully OTT, but the smaller "basic" gigs have reassured me that Muse do not need all the paraphernalia to Rock Out. :D So looking forward to this!!

As for the stage: I'm sure what ever they do, it'll be great - the gigs have been brilliant this tour/album. yes the stadium stuff is wonderfully OTT, but the smaller "basic" gigs have reassured me that Muse do not need all the paraphernalia to Rock Out. :D So looking forward to this!!

My concern is not about a strip down stage, but a strip down setlist. It seems to me that the stage limitations + the early Sunday curfew will mean a 90 min setlist (Summer tour is 130 mins). Really a pain in the neck when I think the Berlin tickets are actually the most expensive standing tickets of the tour. :mad:

Hello Berlin-goers! I finally got round to booking my hotel the other day, after a lot of dithering! Motel One, near Alexanderplatz. Good location, seemed reasonable, and had free wifi :) So, trip (Fri-Mon) is fully sorted :D Who's around for a poss meetup?

Yay Alexanderplatz! Looked easy to get to/from venue, and lots of good transport links generally. Hey you can travel there/back with me if you like :) BTW, I checked the transport and you can get a bus straight from airport - Alexanderplatz, no need for changing trains - very handy :D

So looking forward to this!!

Glad you've got your hotel booked. Thanks for offer of travelling with you to the gig - that would be great but I'd not be getting there until after doors as I'm there with a friend who's not a Muse fan so can't leave her all day - we will be sight seeing no doubt then I'd head over to the stadium about an hour before the first bands on so you'd probably be going earlier than me?

Yes Alexanderplatz is so well situated for transport with the airport bus and the whole train network :)

I was pleased with the apartment we have booked - hope its as good as the photos :D

Hey guys, I'm going to be taking a trip from the US to europe, and i'm going to be in Prague during this part of July, and thinking about coming up to Berlin for this show, Does anyone have any tickets for sale? or How would I get one living in the US somewhere around face value.

Hey guys, I'm going to be taking a trip from the US to europe, and i'm going to be in Prague during this part of July, and thinking about coming up to Berlin for this show, Does anyone have any tickets for sale? or How would I get one living in the US somewhere around face value.

Berlin is not sold out.

Still tickets available at http://www.eventim.de/muse-berlin-Tickets.html?affiliate=EVE&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&key=877651%242590246&jumpIn=yTix&kuid=446&from=erdetaila

Regarding to the high ticket prices:

I went to the gig in Amsterdam this week, my ticket was 19 € cheaper than the tickets here in Germany... I went to many other concerts from various bands and the ticket prices in Germany are so much higher due to the taxes...

Regarding to the high ticket prices:

I went to the gig in Amsterdam this week, my ticket was 19 € cheaper than the tickets here in Germany... I went to many other concerts from various bands and the ticket prices in Germany are so much higher due to the taxes...

I don't mind to pay the extra. I was complaining that it may be sort of ironic that the shortest shows of the tour will be the most expensive ones. But who knows, maybe we will get a 130 mins set like everywhere else.

Archived