2013.07.14 - Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany

Lazlo

My concern is not about a strip down stage, but a strip down setlist. It seems to me that the stage limitations + the early Sunday curfew will mean a 90 min setlist (Summer tour is 130 mins). Really a pain in the neck when I think the Berlin tickets are actually the most expensive standing tickets of the tour. :mad:

Won't the band simply come on earlier so that they can fit in a full setlist?? :rolleyes: Isn't that what happens with other gigs with a curfew? Yep I agree that these tix were pricey, but we didn't HAVE to buy them. Oh wait, I forgot that Bellamy has brainwashed us into giving him all our money :p

Glad you've got your hotel booked. Thanks for offer of travelling with you to the gig - that would be great but I'd not be getting there until after doors as I'm there with a friend who's not a Muse fan so can't leave her all day - we will be sight seeing no doubt then I'd head over to the stadium about an hour before the first bands on so you'd probably be going earlier than me?

You're going with someone who is NOT A MUSE FAN??!!:eek: Crikey. How did that happen? :LOL:

Am planning to do some sightseeing on the Saturday (am in contact with another boardie :happy:), but haven't decided what I'm doing on the Sunday yet. I won't be queuing at the crack of dawn :eek: - probably wander down in the afternoon.

Hey guys, I'm going to be taking a trip from the US to europe, and i'm going to be in Prague during this part of July, and thinking about coming up to Berlin for this show, Does anyone have any tickets for sale? or How would I get one living in the US somewhere around face value.

I do actually have a spare ticket if you (or anyone else) wants it - will sell for face value plus postage. Going to put it on musebay shortly, but PM me if you're interested :)

After a bit of a mad moment today, I convinced a friend of mine to come along for a trip to this gig... hotel and flights now booked.... 6th time since February and am just as excited to see this one as the first...

Have been reading a few of the later posts on here about the stage layout set time etc, I really cant see the band/events team choosing this venue if they didnt think itd be suitable for the tour.... yet we shall see.

Look forward to joining you guys there.... will try and get there fairly early :)

You're going with someone who is NOT A MUSE FAN??!!:eek: Crikey. How did that happen? :LOL:

Am planning to do some sightseeing on the Saturday (am in contact with another boardie :happy:), but haven't decided what I'm doing on the Sunday yet. I won't be queuing at the crack of dawn :eek: - probably wander down in the afternoon.

:)

What I should have said is I'm going to Berlin with a friend who's not keen on Muse but she's not going to e gig I'm going to that by myself but will be with friend rest of the week we are there as its a summer holiday - I saw Muse were playing Berlin and decided as it was when I could get time off work to go - mentioned it to this friend who then said she's always wanted to go to Berlin so we've booked a weeks holiday and I get to see Muse - wonderful :D

To anybody: have just put my spare ticket on musebay...PM me if interested :)

What I should have said is I'm going to Berlin with a friend who's not keen on Muse but she's not going to e gig I'm going to that by myself but will be with friend rest of the week we are there as its a summer holiday - I saw Muse were playing Berlin and decided as it was when I could get time off work to go - mentioned it to this friend who then said she's always wanted to go to Berlin so we've booked a weeks holiday and I get to see Muse - wonderful :D

Aha it all makes sense now! Yes - a wonderful cunning plan :D

I'm so happy, I've been to the Amsterdam arena gig and now my parents agreed to let me go to another gig :awesome: (it's not 100% definitely happening yet but it's looking good). I'm still deciding between this gig and the other German gig though, but I prefer this one. So, from what I can see on the site, standing tickets are still available? And if I order one next week or so, will it still arrive on time? (bit of a n00b question I know, but I'm completely clueless about how mail and that stuff works :unsure: )

I'm so happy, I've been to the Amsterdam arena gig and now my parents agreed to let me go to another gig :awesome: (it's not 100% definitely happening yet but it's looking good). I'm still deciding between this gig and the other German gig though, but I prefer this one. So, from what I can see on the site, standing tickets are still available? And if I order one next week or so, will it still arrive on time? (bit of a n00b question I know, but I'm completely clueless about how mail and that stuff works :unsure: )

I ordered my ticket from the German Ticketmaster site and it came just the day after by a man from UPS delivery. The delivery price was 20€ though, but I didn't have any other choice. :)

Awesome that your parents have agreed for another gig.

I also ordered them from German ticketmaster. My ticket arrived in 2 days, so that's very quickly. If you order them next week there's plenty of time if something goes wrong (altough I highly doubt that something goes wrong)

Btw you need a creditcard to order the tickets.

Awesome that your parents have agreed for another gig.

I also ordered them from German ticketmaster. My ticket arrived in 2 days, so that's very quickly. If you order them next week there's plenty of time if something goes wrong (altough I highly doubt that something goes wrong)

Btw you need a creditcard to order the tickets.

Oh that's great, but we don't have a creditcard though :erm:

Oh that's great, but we don't have a creditcard though :erm:

EDIT: thnx Lazlo for the answer :D. srry for talking shit about needing a creditcard :$

there's an option for paypal but if I'm right that's only for German citizens :( I don't know if there's an other payment option such as bank transfer.

hope you can sort this out and get a ticket

there's an option for paypal but if I'm right that's only for German citizens :( I don't know if there's an other payment option such as bank transfer.

-whoops, double, the board is being very slow for me :erm: -

I hope so too, and I hope that Lazlo is right, and if not my mum's going to ask around if we can use someone else's creditcard. Thanks though, and also to Lazlo! :)

I have a spare ticket (they are all general admission btw) up for grabs - see above post and musebay thread. Selling at a bargain price, and quick posting ;) ... PM me if interested :)

As I understand it, with paypal you either need to fund it from a credit card or bank account.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Excited for the gig, although not expecting too much on the setlist due to the curfew.

And here's the deal: I'm living in Germany, but I came from Indonesia. The last time Muse had a gig there was at 2007. There's this Indonesian Muse Fan Club, and the folks there are excited that one of the members are seeing Muse concert. Which is me. So I have been assigned by the administrators of the fan club to do some kind of gig-report (Which includes pics, vids and written stories.)

So if anyone is interested in helping me, please contact me. I need 1-2 persons that:

1. Speaks English/German (same priorities).

2. Willing to do some kind of short interview.

3. Has good knowledge of Muse.

4. Willing to meet new friends.

5. Doesn't mind when their face/photos are included on the videos/pics that will be uploaded to the official fan club page.

6. Willing to help me take pictures or videos before or after the gig. During the gig you will not be disturbed.

Interview will be held before the concert.

This is not a job. So there's no payment or such things. At best I'd treat the volunteers to drinks on the gig.. Oh and you'll be quite famous among the Indonesian Fans too. ;)

Oh and aside from that, I'm in if you guys wanna do meetups before the gig, I used to live in Berlin and I speak German (though not perfect) so folks who are afraid on getting lost, I can help. Just contact me.

Anyone know the score on cameras at this venue? On the website FAQ it says no cameras but I'm thinking smaller non professional types might be ok? (I've got the TZ-30)

I'd like to get a few photos, will be at the back so views of whole venue might be nice.

Anyone know the score on cameras at this venue? On the website FAQ it says no cameras but I'm thinking smaller non professional types might be ok? (I've got the TZ-30)

I'd like to get a few photos, will be at the back so views of whole venue might be nice.

you should be OK with non-DSLR cameras.Not sure about tripods though.

Looks like I'll be attending this show as part of my visit to Europe :D

I also wonder about the camera rule, I hope to be able to bring in my Camera to get some pics, it'll be my first (and possibly only) show in Europe!

I'll assume this is a all GA Show? Is there anywhere to get something to eat near the venue beforehand?

I also wonder about the camera rule, I hope to be able to bring in my Camera to get some pics, it'll be my first (and possibly only) show in Europe!

I'll assume this is a all GA Show? Is there anywhere to get something to eat near the venue beforehand?

I think there will be some snack & drinks booths outside the venue, but it's not going to be cheap.

I'm planning to eat in Berlin or cook something at the apartment before I head over - I won't be going until doors as I'm on holiday with my friend who's not a Muse fan and don't want to leave her all day - not really fair.

I shall take a snack bar or sandwich in with me I think - I'm sure I can manage to get that in without problems. I doubt I'd find much to eat in there as I'm vegan but will find a beer I'm sure.

I might take a small plastic bottle of water or carton of juice in as I like a drink with me on the way back.

Hoping the camera will be ok - I can't see them banning cameras

I'm planning to eat in Berlin or cook something at the apartment before I head over - I won't be going until doors as I'm on holiday with my friend who's not a Muse fan and don't want to leave her all day - not really fair.

I shall take a snack bar or sandwich in with me I think - I'm sure I can manage to get that in without problems. I doubt I'd find much to eat in there as I'm vegan but will find a beer I'm sure.

I might take a small plastic bottle of water or carton of juice in as I like a drink with me on the way back.

Hoping the camera will be ok - I can't see them banning cameras

If you want to bring non homemade snacks, supermarkets are the answer. Supermarkets are normally closed on Sundays, but there is this supermarket called Ûllrich near Zoologischer Garten Train Station, it's opened at Sundays and they have a lot of snacks. Good price, too.

I doubt that you could sneak drinks/big snacks but small biscuits packs might survive the security check.

Normally small compact cameras are fine. Loads of people take Lumix ones in (it's the official camera of Musers!;)), and I've never had any problem with my little Canon. :) As previously said, it's usually cameras with big lenses that are a no-no.

:D

I think there will be some snack & drinks booths outside the venue, but it's not going to be cheap.

:eek: I'm assuming there will be something to eat & drink INSIDE the actual venue! Also assuming that, like any other big venue/event, it will be both limited and expensive. Not too sure what you'll be able to take in - most places seem to take stuff off you. These days you can't even keep the top on your bottle! :rolleyes: But I don't really want the faff of taking in a picnic, so I'll make do with whatever I find. Should be able to smuggle in snack bars and "emergency" chocolate no bother though :ninja:

3 weeks to go - getting excited now, especially as went to Stade de France last weekend , which was awesome :D ...better start practising my German!

If you want to bring non homemade snacks, supermarkets are the answer. Supermarkets are normally closed on Sundays, but there is this supermarket called Ûllrich near Zoologischer Garten Train Station, it's opened at Sundays and they have a lot of snacks. Good price, too.

I doubt that you could sneak drinks/big snacks but small biscuits packs might survive the security check.

Normally small compact cameras are fine. Loads of people take Lumix ones in (it's the official camera of Musers!;)), and I've never had any problem with my little Canon. :) As previously said, it's usually cameras with big lenses that are a no-no.

:D

:eek: I'm assuming there will be something to eat & drink INSIDE the actual venue! Also assuming that, like any other big venue/event, it will be both limited and expensive. Not too sure what you'll be able to take in - most places seem to take stuff off you. These days you can't even keep the top on your bottle! :rolleyes: But I don't really want the faff of taking in a picnic, so I'll make do with whatever I find. Should be able to smuggle in snack bars and "emergency" chocolate no bother though :ninja:

3 weeks to go - getting excited now, especially as went to Stade de France last weekend , which was awesome :D ...better start practising my German!

Thanks - I shall be self catering so will get some snack bars at the Veganz vegan supermarket to take or something, will eat at lunchtime so won't need a lot, doubt I'd bother with the food vans there as at most venues I've never found much vegan anyway.

I think the small cameras will be ok - have emailed the venue to check.

Yes Panasonic does seem the Muser favourite choice of camera! I use to have a TZ-5 and have upgraded to the TZ-30 now and not really had chance to use that yet. I won't be anywhere near the front as going in later but think the view of whole venue is good from higher up and further back.

I don't know any German which is really bad I know but so excited about the concert and for my weeks holiday to Berlin! Got my euros yesterday so everything is sorted now:D

Thanks - I shall be self catering so will get some snack bars at the Veganz vegan supermarket to take or something, will eat at lunchtime so won't need a lot, doubt I'd bother with the food vans there as at most venues I've never found much vegan anyway.

I think the small cameras will be ok - have emailed the venue to check.

Yes Panasonic does seem the Muser favourite choice of camera! I use to have a TZ-5 and have upgraded to the TZ-30 now and not really had chance to use that yet. I won't be anywhere near the front as going in later but think the view of whole venue is good from higher up and further back.

I don't know any German which is really bad I know but so excited about the concert and for my weeks holiday to Berlin! Got my euros yesterday so everything is sorted now:D

I hope cameras are okay, I wont be doing any filming, but i'd love to take pictures, I have a Fujifilm S2700, its not a professional camera, but kinda big.

I also dont know any german, so this will be interesting, haha. Are there going to be any type of meetups beforehand?

Archived