matthijs

only just noticed this, but I think this confirms the rumors he's been using the RPS set (see the windings on the ends of the plain strings)

The question is what gauge though? Does he even use a thick 6th string anymore?

What you waiting for?

I'm waiting for a cider apple red MA-2B which I ordered back in March. Adrian has told me it will be in soon and to contact him again at the end of this week as they're getting the delivery schedules in this week. So I'll email tonight.

Those new red ones look awesome!I sent an email asking about doing a black-out on an in stock MA and Adrian offered that he was considering doing a run of those for the next delivery. I said sign me up! I am doing the sustainiac and custom hardware for sure. the question is pshycopaf or MBK-2. I also got a price for a full 510 upgrade but I'm still mulling that over.

Those new red ones look awesome!I sent an email asking about doing a black-out on an in stock MA and Adrian offered that he was considering doing a run of those for the next delivery. I said sign me up! I am doing the sustainiac and custom hardware for sure. the question is pshycopaf or MBK-2. I also got a price for a full 510 upgrade but I'm still mulling that over.

I got asked if I wanted a blackout guitar but I ordered a very light red MA-2B with a black pickguard, black hardware and no bigsby instead

The question is what gauge though? Does he even use a thick 6th string anymore?

I wouldn't know.

What you waiting for?

I'm waiting for a cider apple red MA-2B which I ordered back in March. Adrian has told me it will be in soon and to contact him again at the end of this week as they're getting the delivery schedules in this week. So I'll email tonight.

What spec are you getting exactly? I quite like the idea of the MBK-1 for the whole 'classic' deal.

Didn't Matt just have an Ernie Ball ad not too long ago saying those were his strings of choice? I am pretty sure a rep from Ernie Ball confirmed it on reddit too.

Yeah I saw that ad, but it was the rep (president?) that said he was using the RPS and some "custom gauge stuff"

I got asked if I wanted a blackout guitar but I ordered a very light red MA-2B with a black pickguard, black hardware and no bigsby instead

Sounds very nice! I may have used the word "stealth" in my email :LOL:

What spec are you getting exactly? I quite like the idea of the MBK-1 for the whole 'classic' deal

It's the standard ma-2b spec. So it has:

MBK-1 set

Bigsby trem

Schaller roller bridge

Gotoh H.A.P. Machine heads

CTS pots with orange drop capacitors

I'm very excited to get my hands on it. The cider Apple red colour is 😍

It's the standard ma-2b spec. So it has:

MBK-1 set

Bigsby trem

Schaller roller bridge

Gotoh H.A.P. Machine heads

CTS pots with orange drop capacitors

I'm very excited to get my hands on it. The cider Apple red colour is 😍

Nice, there definitely isn't enough MBK-1 love around here. Maybe if Matt was using them more.

Rosewood or maple fretboard? I had a customized MA-2B done a while back - it's styled around one of those 50s looking surf green Fenders (that or the Tom Delonge signature strat :erm: )

Nice, there definitely isn't enough MBK-1 love around here. Maybe if Matt was using them more.

I guess the issue is that many of us have a Manson to have a high output guitar. For me putting a P-90 in the bridge put it too close to my Fender's.

Rosewood or maple fretboard? I had a customized MA-2B done a while back - it's styled around one of those 50s looking surf green Fenders (that or the Tom Delonge signature strat :erm: )

I definitely prefer a P90 tone to a full on humbucker. Probably because I've been using single coil fenders for the past 8 years. I like that they're nice and "Phat" with some bite but not as aggressive as a full humbucker.

I went with the rosewood fretboard as it worked well with the colour and when I tried one of the very light red versions in mansons the combination of the mbk1 and the rosewood board sounded really good.

I bet that surf green looks gorgeous. I do love the vintage style paint jobs :rolleyes:

Though I don't remember for sure, I think I've played something with an MBK-1 in the neck before. If it was then it sounded nice. I'd probably get one in something if I didn't need the sustainer so much really.

Though I don't remember for sure, I think I've played something with an MBK-1 in the neck before. If it was then it sounded nice. I'd probably get one in something if I didn't need the sustainer so much really.

I vaguely remember this... should I be worried?

You should get a 007 type pickup setup in your next guitar... mainly to add more switches

I definitely prefer a P90 tone to a full on humbucker. Probably because I've been using single coil fenders for the past 8 years. I like that they're nice and "Phat" with some bite but not as aggressive as a full humbucker.

I went with the rosewood fretboard as it worked well with the colour and when I tried one of the very light red versions in mansons the combination of the mbk1 and the rosewood board sounded really good.

I bet that surf green looks gorgeous. I do love the vintage style paint jobs :rolleyes:

Yeah I can understand that. I do like humbuckers, but not super high output ones. The MBK-2 is as high output as I'd like.

They have one on display, but it's very light red and not cider apple red. Guessing that's the one you tried. That cider apple red EVO they got in recently (probably gone by now) looks amazing too

I'm surprised more people don't go for maple fretboards with these... but I have to admit, sometimes I forget that's an option :facepalm:

I vaguely remember this... should I be worried?

You should get a 007 type pickup setup in your next guitar... mainly to add more switches

Yeah I can understand that. I do like humbuckers, but not super high output ones. The MBK-2 is as high output as I'd like.

They have one on display, but it's very light red and not cider apple red. Guessing that's the one you tried. That cider apple red EVO they got in recently (probably gone by now) looks amazing too

I'm surprised more people don't go for maple fretboards with these... but I have to admit, sometimes I forget that's an option :facepalm:

There's a cider apple red EVO? Any pics of it so far?

How many finishes to Manson actually offer for stuff like the MA or do we just not know them all?

How many finishes to Manson actually offer for stuff like the MA or do we just not know them all?

I think if you get a custom one you can realistically get whatever you want.

I got to play it and I took a picture of it. Sorry the image isn't focused properly I was in a rush.

IMG-20160624-WA0000.thumb.jpg.59e65628b5956f1a4846cbb05afbd224.jpg

That looks really nice! Congratulations :D. Did they tell you how long until you get it?

I'm still waiting for them to tell me when the shipment is in. The last thing I was told was that they were expecting an ma shipment in soon and my cider apple red ma-2B will be in the next one. That "soon" shipment I'm assuming was the cider red EVOs. So mine should be in the next shipment. I'm still waiting for a response from them about a date because they got the shipment schedule this week. So I should know soon.

I think if you get a custom one you can realistically get whatever you want.

For Custom you can go balls to the wall, the M series though has a limit to what you can get. Trust me, I've tried my fair share of ideas. I believe its:

Xenokroma

Copperkroma

Deep Stain Black (is that what it's called?)

Gloss Black

Anniversary Silver

Cider Apple Red

Very Light Red

No idea if there's more. I got a Xenokroma personally for my MA, should be ready in the next 2 weeks if manson are correct.

The copperkroma and xenokroma finishes aren't stock MA finishes - they have to strip those and refinish them at the Works

But yeah, those are pretty much all of the current ones. I know they did some white ones in the past, and the vile orange as well. You can get pretty much any paint finish - I think it's mirror, carbon, and anything with binding that you can't get on an MA.

How much extra is the cooperkroma and xenokroma finishes as I've been thinking about getting an MA EVO refinished in the future. After I get my Cider Apple Red MA-2B first of course.

a bit like this?

https://www.mansonguitarworks.com/product/manson-works-wednesday-ma-special-copperkroma-sold--59

I had an original MA redone with a copper finish, but I can't remember the exact price.

I can PM you the details that (I think) I remember if you want.

a bit like this?

https://www.mansonguitarworks.com/product/manson-works-wednesday-ma-special-copperkroma-sold--59

I had an original MA redone with a copper finish, but I can't remember the exact price.

I can PM you the details that (I think) I remember if you want.

Yeah that would be great thanks James :) and that was the sort of price I was thinking :/

How much extra is the cooperkroma and xenokroma finishes as I've been thinking about getting an MA EVO refinished in the future. After I get my Cider Apple Red MA-2B first of course.

It's £500 for either of them. I asked Adrian before I got mine ordered about it.

The copperkroma and xenokroma finishes aren't stock MA finishes - they have to strip those and refinish them at the Works

Really? Never knew that.

But yeah, those are pretty much all of the current ones. I know they did some white ones in the past, and the vile orange as well. You can get pretty much any paint finish - I think it's mirror, carbon, and anything with binding that you can't get on an MA.

Pretty much, I would have thought aluminium plating would have been possible but I have no clue how they actually apply it.

Archived