matthijs

I'm assuming the bridge isn't an MBK-2, James? (from what Tim said on instagram)

If that's true then we would love to hear it :ninja:

Also I love the satin nickel 510 set and the brushed nickel cover on the pickup. Well done on choosing the specs :awesome: This the custom that only took a few months?

Yeah I think I requested it mid april.

And no, it isn't. But I don't think my iPhone 6S will do the sound any justice, so have this instead

13754106_10154175921305944_827646052215774274_n.jpg?oh=1bf19236b091319db45fd60e6e434d71&oe=57EC2D25

Maybe I'll record something properly someday. I have everything to do it, but it's more trouble than it's worth for a one-minute video.

Yeah I think I requested it mid april.

And no, it isn't. But I don't think my iPhone 6S will do the sound any justice, so have this instead

13754106_10154175921305944_827646052215774274_n.jpg?oh=1bf19236b091319db45fd60e6e434d71&oe=57EC2D25

Maybe I'll record something properly someday. I have everything to do it, but it's more trouble than it's worth for a one-minute video.

Woah :eek: Is it light? :awesome: I initially thought the stripes look white, but this picture makes them look silver. So nice :awesome:

And yeah, I understand it's a lot of work. I still don't know how to record properly - keep getting popping & crackling noises in my recordings :facepalm:

We need pics of this

I genuinely thought James would reply with more pictures of the box when you said that. :chuckle:

Looks very nice anyway. How come it all got done so quickly? Is it just because it's you? :p

Woah :eek: Is it light? :awesome:

And yeah, I understand it's a lot of work. I still don't know how to record properly - keep getting popping & crackling noises in my recordings :facepalm:

yeah

And not that, it's just a lot of work for an instagram post. If I was uploading a real cover on youtube, I'd even make a trailer for it like that one guy did.

Except I don't recall he ever posted the actual cover... only the trailer.

I genuinely thought James would reply with more pictures of the box when you said that. :chuckle:

Looks very nice anyway. How come it all got done so quickly? Is it just because it's you? :p

I'm tempted to delete the last few replies and post a picture of the box instead, but I think it's too late.

And nah, I think it's because of the basic spec more than anything else.

That's a mighty fine table you have there.

guitar's not too bad either ;)

Fun fact: That was the same table featured in the picture I submitted to the MGW "owners from around the world" or whatever.

Kd9zOZg.jpg

It's looking a bit battered at this point, but if this table could tell stories... it would have lots of stories to tell. There have been many a conversation surrounding it.

"Do you like my table?"

"Yeah I guess"

"Thanks, I picked it out myself"

I hope they add more to the MGW owners gallery. Maybe... there would be a chance of a group picture.

But they'd have to be surrounded by weapons, a barbed wire fence, some massive watch dogs, and probably something else American like a stack of TV dinners... just to show I'm serious.

Any thoughts on the AADDGBE tuning, and what gauge would be appropriate to use for it?

I know one person who tried it said it put a lot of extra tension on the neck with the stock gauge (standard 10s set with a low .060) so I'm not sure. I recall I read Matt uses 10-80, but it doesn't say what the individual strings are.

I hope they add more to the MGW owners gallery. Maybe... there would be a chance of a group picture.

I bet they don't all fit so you have to do different groups :indiff: ie MB group picture, MA group picture, Tele group picture, E group picture :chuckle:

Should I get the MBK-1 or the MBK-2? I don't know what one to choose for my MA-2B.

If you want a humbucker, get the MBK-3.

:ohmy:

I will need to take it from the top of a really tall building.

Also, unless they didn't update the stock levels, I think I found a place that has two Fernandes single coil sustainers available... Might have to get one, just in case I want to use it for something in the future.

If you want a humbucker, get the MBK-3.

I will need to take it from the top of a really tall building.

Also, unless they didn't update the stock levels, I think I found a place that has two Fernandes single coil sustainers available... Might have to get one, just in case I want to use it for something in the future.

Details please :ninja:

Details please :ninja:

#SoldOut (I might have bought the last one) but I did find this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stratocaster-pickups-single-coil/fernandes-fsk-401-sustainer-pickup-kit

Be careful though. While that place is one of the biggest online dealers, they often don't update their stock levels... I waited over a year for a case one time, and they eventually just cancelled it.

So, pretty. Did they get the colour on TARGET??

Is this the one we discussed many months back re: refinishing a CE7?

Jaicen, if I had a tomato right now, it would be heading in your direction.

But yes - I actually gave them that J-bass I had done as an example, but this came out a bit more how I wanted. The bass is more of a 50s burst, while this is a bit more colorful.

It might have been, but I can't remember. It's the red E-62 I've had for a while, but it needed a few things sorted out, so I decided to get it refinished too. Just because.

Oh and I forgot to check while I was there, but I requested all gloss black for the back of the guitar (including the neck). Should look great, although it will hide the fact that it's neck thru

Any thoughts on the AADDGBE tuning, and what gauge would be appropriate to use for it?

I know one person who tried it said it put a lot of extra tension on the neck with the stock gauge (standard 10s set with a low .060) so I'm not sure. I recall I read Matt uses 10-80, but it doesn't say what the individual strings are.

I've ran a .60 tuned down to G# on a 25" scale, you'd be up half a step from that :LOL:

Don't ask. (jamming with a sludge/doom two piece in the early 2000's)

Does anyone need a bunch of capacitors of various types? I'm moving and i don't really want to pack them, but I feel bad throwing them out.

All free of course, but i can only send to addresses in the US :/

iT6VhQPl.jpg

Bunch of single strings of different gauges and brands too, all free. Though if you want them please take them all.

gPnClcol.jpg

I've ran a .60 tuned down to G# on a 25" scale, you'd be up half a step from that :LOL:

Don't ask. (jamming with a sludge/doom two piece in the early 2000's)

I would think .060 would be a bit loose tuned to that!

MB uses the .060 (replacing the .046 in a standard 10s set), but I don't know what the 7 string has. I'd imagine the glitter one (tuned AEADGBE as far as I'm aware) doesn't have anything unusual though.

There seems to be a lot of rattle the second time round. I'd have thought a .70 would be tighter, but even the .60 on mine doesn't do that. Or is it just the extra thickness catching the frets or whatever. :erm:

Archived