matthijs

I don't have Instagram but followed the trail of links - is that a refinished CE7 in your Globalist clip, James?

:ninja:

Nah, it's a one off. It's more or less the ET-72 with a fixed bridge

10421373_10153295372755944_5615466400300871404_n.jpg?oh=39b899652c17bad5308d72ef0317effc&oe=5806316A

In case you're wondering, that's what got in the way of the 001-7 last year.

Snazzy. Yeah, the combination of the finish and the fixed bridge made me wonder.

Think the riff needs the MBK3 though. Can't believe he uses a Strat for it live, haha!

Not sure to be honest. We played that riff on the CE-7 in the shop, and it really didn't sound good.

Might have been the .060 (which is a bit loose for a low A) or the fact that we were playing with the 4th channel gain maxed on the VH4

Might just depend on the distortion setting then. My custom seems to work perfectly with the FF7 for that kind of low A stuff, though that's got a .60 as well. It is a bit loose but I don't mind it too much somehow. Sounds great though.

Might just depend on the distortion setting then. My custom seems to work perfectly with the FF7 for that kind of low A stuff, though that's got a .60 as well. It is a bit loose but I don't mind it too much somehow. Sounds great though.

Yeah, the studio recording has a relatively bright and clean sounding fuzz. The VH4 is pretty far from that.

I think in that video I had it going through a fulltone octafuzz into a slightly driven amp. Not ideal really.

You should try a .070 - it's much better when tuned to A

That looks amazing. Never seen black switches with a sustainiac before :nerd:

:ninja:

.60's probably about as far as I'm willing to go on that one, because it's got the trem, and that's already fairly tight, so I don't want to make it unusable, haha! Might be tempted to go for something thicker on the new one when that comes though. I'll see how I feel in a year, haha! I haven't really had any problems with it as it is to be honest, so I'll wait and see. I can try and put a clip together of how it sounds for those kinds of low riffs at some point if you like. There's something about that guitar and the FF7 together, but I don't know if it'll come across in a video. It's one of the reasons I want the new one to have mostly the same spec though. I need to keep that awesome sound, haha! It works well with overdrive too, but the FF7 is just superb somehow. I don't think I've ever used it with the MB-1 though as it just doesn't sound right. I don't know if it's the pickups, the wood, the inclusion of the piezo, or everything altogether. I suspect it's a bit of everything really.

WTF?! And I can't get rid of mine haha #FML

I thought you sold it a while back.

I wonder if you could possibly work out a trade to the builder for some blue LEDs :awesome: Makes perfect sense...

I've noticed a trend of how people photograph their MBC-1/MA-EVO, people (myself included) always put the strap over the kill switch. :LOL:

I guess it makes it look more like Matt's.

I haven't noticed that. I'll join in at some point, but need the DR-1 first

13567316_10153653868847091_807246204739341088_n.jpg?oh=d57b8db4c95d7359772b2286a59e7a35&oe=57EE32AD

Archived