matthijs

Ohh, I thought it was just gonna be silver ali. What's the final finish, then? Swirl? :ninja:

That's an interesting headstock. What would you call it - pencil?

It is, but no swirls.

Engraved probably.

Yeah definitely. For a while we thought it was a worn down silver logo of some kind.

Manson_Delorean_showcase.jpg

nailed it. yes it was engraved :D

#NotForSale

I quite like the sandblasted logos they're doing. The overall style is similar, but it looks a bit neater I think.

_DSC0194_zps455a73b5.jpg

_DSC0192_zps1a44b96b.jpg

I think mine might have been done a little differently though. Nowhere near as subtle, but then it doesn't have swirls either.

I think mine might have been done a little differently though. Nowhere near as subtle, but then it doesn't have swirls either.

Guessing your new one's a 6 string though...? Bs' guitar is the only Manson I've seen with a straight 7 headstock.

A glitter logo on a black headstock might look good, anyone seen/had that done before?

Guessing your new one's a 6 string though...? Bs' guitar is the only Manson I've seen with a straight 7 headstock.

A glitter logo on a black headstock might look good, anyone seen/had that done before?

Doesn't Matt have a 7 string matt black with straight headstock too? Don't think it gets used anymore though.

yeah :nerd: :herd: it's 6 string, and as for MB, I don't recall a 7-in-line headstock on any of them. I recall he has the two E shapes, two black glitters, and the alloy 7 string. All have 4+3 headstocks as far as I remember

My bad you're 100% correct.

Bs' guitar is the only Manson I've seen with a straight 7 headstock. A glitter logo on a black headstock might look good, anyone seen/had that done before?

I should have 'Authentic Bs headstock' put on the spec for the new one. :chuckle:

I doubt it'll look as good as that one though. The swirled ali is gorgeous. :)

The new one isn't going to be angled, is it?

No idea actually. I'm assuming it is. Last time they said they could get enough tension without it for six strings but not for seven so we went with the angle. I've had no problems with through so I'm assuming this will be the same.

Unrelated comment but news to me: Manson's has extra long tailpieces for the shop straps in stock. Thought somebody might want to know that someday.

Where do you see that at? I can't find em on the shop site.

And I woulda thought SHORTER tailpieces would be better for a lot of people, or why not both? :LOL:

Where do you see that at? I can't find em on the shop site.

And I woulda thought SHORTER tailpieces would be better for a lot of people, or why not both? :LOL:

I would bet they have short ones too, just ask when you are ready to order. I emailed Heistercamp and they told me Mansons keep the long ones on hand in the shop.

No idea actually. I'm assuming it is. Last time they said they could get enough tension without it for six strings but not for seven so we went with the angle. I've had no problems with through so I'm assuming this will be the same.

Yeah, but there isn't a locking nut on this, and it wouldn't require the string tree. So I'd imagine you'd be fine with a non-angled one with HAPs

Unrelated comment but news to me: Manson's has extra long tailpieces for the shop straps in stock. Thought somebody might want to know that someday.

You just gave away my secret. Now everyone will be buying them.

Nah I remember those from a while back, but didn't know they were still around. The included/standard one works for me, but I think there might have been some variation in the past.

#NotForSale

I quite like the sandblasted logos they're doing. The overall style is similar, but it looks a bit neater I think.

_DSC0194_zps455a73b5.jpg

_DSC0192_zps1a44b96b.jpg

I presume that's what the swirl pack SDL-1's will end up looking like, unless they're done and you already are in possession of it?

Can't remember when I put down payment, feels so long ago!

I presume that's what the swirl pack SDL-1's will end up looking like, unless they're done and you already are in possession of it?

Can't remember when I put down payment, feels so long ago!

I'd imagine more or less, and nah, I think they're still a few months away

And I can't remember when I put the down payment on mine :facepalm: Just did it and forgot about it ... after the first build, everything is like that.

I'd imagine more or less, and nah, I think they're still a few months away

And I can't remember when I put the down payment on mine :facepalm: Just did it and forgot about it ... after the first build, everything is like that.

When were the SDL-1s initially released? I never heard about the drop.

*insert eyepopping emoji

That is gorgeous, I'm sending that to Adrian when I spec my neck.

Don't get a gloss finish on that one. I only did because the rest of the guitar is shiny.

Send him this instead.

1557462_10152108386020944_347977077_n.jpg?oh=7a387199e84201bdc198704f26d9d9b2&oe=57F26ADE

Though I'm not sure if they've had anything like that in a while. I think Olly's was pretty similar, but not seen many others.

Archived