matthijs

That's weird. I thought Switchcraft switches should have all the same size tips. The black tips i got fit both guitars (couldn't really change between the stock tips of the straight switchcraft and angled one,for some reasons :facemelt:)

Try this though James? https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131614710078

I think Matt had a guitar with the same switch tip at some point?

Not aware of him using that one, but I've bought the same spec one (standard chrome) from that seller and it didn't fit.

I'm going to ask Mansons if I can purchase a few from them next month, as I've been meaning to request a few other bits of hardware as well.

Hmm

exactly this, but with a satin white finish. Maybe the fuzz factory too, since I did put the kaoss pad inside of the other one

nB0Vr.jpg

I like satin black though. Did they agree to do a custom of this shape? Maybe my that Manson (2 or 3 years from now) would be this

I've had guitars ranging from sub $100 imports to several Maryland made PRS. The MBC1 is a great guitar for the money. Pickups are great, setup and fretwork is really good on my example compared to a lot of what I've owned. The same can be said for the Ibanez, LTD, Shecter guitars I've had. If 1995 me had one to play I'm sure I never would have messed with all of the janky lower line USA built Gibson stuff I had to learn setup and repair on because I just couldn't afford to pay a tech for something that shouldn't have left the factory.

I've had guitars ranging from sub $100 imports to several Maryland made PRS. The MBC1 is a great guitar for the money. Pickups are great, setup and fretwork is really good on my example compared to a lot of what I've owned. The same can be said for the Ibanez, LTD, Shecter guitars I've had. If 1995 me had one to play I'm sure I never would have messed with all of the janky lower line USA built Gibson stuff I had to learn setup and repair on because I just couldn't afford to pay a tech for something that shouldn't have left the factory.

Definitely have to agree with this. I think the imports have improved greatly in the past decade or so.... the ones that were around when I first started (a long time ago) were alright, but nowhere near as good as they are now.

I think some of the cheaper USA gibsons can be decent, but only when they get it right. I bet if they made a basic sunburst LP Jr type deal for $700, it would sell like mad.

But instead, we get innovation™

Hmm

exactly this, but with a satin white finish. Maybe the fuzz factory too, since I did put the kaoss pad inside of the other one

Even wearing gloves in a hospital clean room wouldn't keep that white for more than a few weeks

Regarding innovation, I think gibson is slowly coming up with better ideas, as crazy as that sounds.

Screenshot2010-03-05at83805PM.png

Screenshot2010-03-05at92614PM.png

991288.jpg

stngray.jpg

These are from the late 90s it seems... and to think, most of the nicer ones I've played have been from that time.

Alright, James, hit me...I'm going to regret this...

What's the current situation regarding full size XY screens on customs/non-signature guitars? I know they didn't do it for ages but I seem to remember a while back they relaxed a bit more about it...There's been an idea growing in the back of my mind for a while about a possible third guitar, but ideally I'd want the XY to be a part of it...

Alright, James, hit me...I'm going to regret this...

What's the current situation regarding full size XY screens on customs/non-signature guitars? I know they didn't do it for ages but I seem to remember a while back they relaxed a bit more about it...There's been an idea growing in the back of my mind for a while about a possible third guitar, but ideally I'd want the XY to be a part of it...

Until I can find a way to react to the fact that you posted (Macaroon might beat me to it and do a better job as well)... You can get them on full customs now, as well as the MA EVOs.

For a while you couldn't, but then some Canadian lad got one in his guitar, and then everyone else did too.

And no, you won't regret it. If I don't regret the fact that you're getting a new guitar, then neither will you. After all, I got you to buy both of the others!

Bs if you think you're getting away with just waltzing in here with a little offhand comment and your average K&T question you've got a few things coming to you. All the windows in my area just shattered, birds are falling out of the sky, a man outside is currently walking in circles muttering something about control knobs. You've sent what I can only assume to be most of the western world into anarchy and all your message concerns is XY Pads?!

You better buy that guitar.

(hi bs)

Bs, I hope you realize what's been going on while you've been gone.

You know, I've thought about this for the past twenty or whatever hours. I'm starting to wonder if you're actually the second coming of Bs, or someone on a higher level...

Why do I wonder this? I didn't even see you post that link before I came here to post that picture. How is that even possible? I mean with Bs, I'm able to intercept and make a post while he's replying to something else to make everything awkward... but somehow, there were five minutes in between your post and mine - not five seconds, but five minutes... it's a bit spooky if you ask me...but you didn't ask, so forget I said that.

I don't know. If I had to come to a conclusion, I wouldn't be able to... you basically are Bs - your posts excite me equally as much even if they're nowhere near as long, but it's like you've taken one of Bs' ten paragraph masterpieces and compressed it down into a little bite size morsel... and I don't mean it's less satisfying ... they're equally as potent, but with less cholesterol, and they taste like irn bru.

I mean, looking at Bs' posts, I can't imagine how he feels after he types those ten paragraphs and is moving his cursor towards the "submit reply" button. I know the feel though - it's like when I was walking down the corridor to visit Mansons for the first time in two years. You know they're waiting for you, BUT!! It didn't go as planned... the browser crashed, and the door was locked. Let's try this again.

It's basically like making an entrance like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgqp3uZLnr4

When you intended to make an entrance like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKfbSHW9uGA

Wow. I'm not sure what to say. I feel like a man who's step son just called him Dad for the first time. I do pride myself in my ability to condense copious amounts of bullshit into bite-size portions, so thank you. Perhaps I should work on my post writing stamina if I aim to compete. In the meantime I could post one of my short stories I wrote for my English class when I was 15? Roman soldiers and that, it's good shit.

Besides that all I think about when reading posts like this is how surreal it would be for Bs to read them :LOL: I wonder if he knows this is what it's come to on here.

You've produced two stellar videos there, I always imagine that the actual second coming of Bs would look a bit like Lord Flashheart's entrance, but far, far raunchier. You know, a fun bit of trivia; Rik Mayall said he only agreed to take that part (he only appeared in one episode) if every line he had was better than Blackadders' :LOL:

I am flattered that I'm haunting your thoughts, James, and only hope your dreams will follow.

That's quite a welcome, haha.

James, or anyone else who's bought from overseas, what's Mansons' normal take on valuing the shipment for customs and stuff? I seem to remember I got a pretty hefty charge when I brought my amp over, and I think it might be as high as 30% here for things like musical instruments, which has me a bit worried, as without that I don't think the price would be too much of a problem. It would definitely be substantially less than my last one. Any experiences?

Archived