matthijs

Haha I had to pick between a DR-1 and Amsterdam .. I went with the latter, however payday is next week and I already have all my euros :rolleyes:

I take it you got them in paper, rather than heavy coins ;)

I picked up my paper currency yesterday... I really need to learn the differences between the coins though, when the smallest note is £5.

Soooo did MGW paint it? I saw the red MA-2 EVO on the shop FB page.

I love that red one.

But no, I don't think Mansons did the white one.

White EVO MA-2 Serial # 1499712 (see picture towards bottom of the page)

http://imperialvintageguitars.com/product/manson-ma-2-evo-electric-guitar-custom-matte-white-finish-w-sustaniac/

Black EVO MA-1 Serial # 1499712 (same as white one)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272247086816

Unless they sent it back to Mansons for the modifications, but I'm guessing they didn't. Notice the sustainiac switch placement being a bit off as well... seems a bit closer to the tone control than usual.

I love that red one.

But no, I don't think Mansons did the white one.

White EVO MA-2 Serial # 1499712 (see picture towards bottom of the page)

http://imperialvintageguitars.com/product/manson-ma-2-evo-electric-guitar-custom-matte-white-finish-w-sustaniac/

Black EVO MA-1 Serial # 1499712 (same as white one)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272247086816

Unless they sent it back to Mansons for the modifications, but I'm guessing they didn't. Notice the sustainiac switch placement being a bit off as well... seems a bit closer to the tone control than usual.

Oh yeah you're right O_O The grain on the back of the two necks are the same. definitely the same guitar.

IMG_2355ee796.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

The Sustainiac switches do look off. Lol so they couldn't sell the MA-1 for $2,395 so they put in a Sustainiac, repainted it and listed the guitar for $3,995 now?

I'm guessing they just wanted to put the Sustainiac in at first, fucked up the paint and couldn't find the same matte black finish so they just painted it white. Conveniently upgraded it from being an MA-1 to MA-2 in the process, of course. :rolleyes:

Curious what Tim and Adrian would think about this :rolleyes:

I emailed them about that guitar. they confirmed it was an MA-1, with modifications done by the previous owner, a professional luthier supposedly. So no, not Manson modified or endorsed. Still also an MA-1. I wonder what they'd think of this.

:stunned:

So it's the same MA-1 they sold in that link above (see the serial number) which the previous owner refinished/modified and then returned to them.

https://reverb.com/item/2385596-manson-ma-2-evo-matte-white-electric-guitar

Condition: Brand New

Right

Surely if that was true, the modifications would reduce the value greatly and not increase it by several hundred dollars.

We don't even know if it had the CTS pots and whatever is underneath that Manson pickup cover is a real MBK-2 to make them suddenly turn it from being an MA-1 to an MA-2 :facepalm:

Surely if that was true, the modifications would reduce the value greatly and not increase it by several hundred dollars.

In imperial vintage logic, unauthorized refin + shitty sustainiac installation + (maybe MBK2?and electronic upgrade) = $1600 increase in value :rolleyes:

God, i feel sorry for people who keep them in business :facepalm:

Someone should ring Adrian up and casually confirm the serial number, saying something along the lines of "i just saw an MA-2 on sale for the price of 2. Is it superrrrr special?" and watch his reaction when he checks and sees that it's actually an MA-1

We don't even know if it had the CTS pots and whatever is underneath that Manson pickup cover is a real MBK-2 to make them suddenly turn it from being an MA-1 to an MA-2 :facepalm:

I seriously doubt they did anything to the electronics, other than swap the pickup. They don't seem to have a clue really :LOL:

I feel like sending an email to MGW just to ask what they think of it.

I also just realised that it does not have the routed battery box for the sustainer battery that the actual Manson's do either. But somehow this increases the price higher. Rarer?

It actually really annoys me, because out of all the shops in America they get to be the official dealers when they're pulling things like this.

I also just realised that it does not have the routed battery box for the sustainer battery that the actual Manson's do either. But somehow this increases the price higher. Rarer?

It actually really annoys me, because out of all the shops in America they get to be the official dealers when they're pulling things like this.

I know mate.

I actually asked about the battery cavity recently, as mine doesn't have one either. I don't know if all are like that (mine was one of the early ones), but you can definitely install a sustainer/sustainiac in there without routing an extra cavity for the battery.

Yeah. They're actually really rude the two times I've asked them about Manson stuff. I honestly think Manson needs a better representative here in the States than these guys.

The switches placement on the white guitar bothers me so much :twitchy:

Update on the green strap: finally got it short enough for me now. Man, the straps are nice, but I don't want to have to do this everytime i get one :facepalm:

Expensive... Like £400+ if I recall correctly.

yeah (just for the side dots)

also, it occurred to me.

1602022_10152186750265944_1766723771_o.jpg

Played the one on the left for quite a while today, and I think I understood what Bs was talking about the other day

I understood what Bs was talking about?

yeah (just for the side dots)

also, it occurred to me.

1602022_10152186750265944_1766723771_o.jpg

Played the one on the left for quite a while today, and I think I understood what Bs was talking about the other day

I understood what Bs was talking about?

The bridge on the MB2 looks crooked. It's either that or the XY pad is, or my eyes are just deceiving me.

Archived