matthijs

Surely they wouldn't discontinue the deluxe ones? The platinum ones aren't exactly a replacement as they're twice the price. If I was getting another one, I'd probably go for deluxe or nothing at all, so only offering the top price bracket wouldn't make sense to me, especially when they've made efforts to release guitars that are more affordable.

Surely they wouldn't discontinue the deluxe ones? The platinum ones aren't exactly a replacement as they're twice the price. If I was getting another one, I'd probably go for deluxe or nothing at all, so only offering the top price bracket wouldn't make sense to me, especially when they've made efforts to release guitars that are more affordable.

So you're telling me you don't need a separate strap for each guitar?

Yeah here http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/mansonguitarworks/m.html?item=172227630915&hash=item2819911743%3Ag%3A1YkAAOSwNSxU-FYh&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 .

They sold an Ibanez Iceman with a fuzz factory built in once but I don't think you've missed out on anything special.

The fact the deluxe straps aren't on the shop website, the eBay listings show low stock, they don't have all the colours anymore and that they're now selling more expensive straps give me the feeling they've stopped doing them.

Who knows though I just glad I got one in time if that's the case.

You mean the brown and tan color ones? Those haven't been around for a while, though I'm pretty sure I saw one of those in the shop last year. I remember because it was one that wasn't listed on the website.

Guessing it's more likely that they've actually run out of them, at least for now.

Well, I have one for each at the moment, but I don't think I'd pay £50 for a third, that's all. I might consider another deluxe one if they're still going but that's still a way off yet. I'll see though.

So you're telling me you don't need a separate strap for each guitar?

You mean the brown and tan color ones? Those haven't been around for a while, though I'm pretty sure I saw one of those in the shop last year. I remember because it was one that wasn't listed on the website.

Guessing it's more likely that they've actually run out of them, at least for now.

Nah like I think there used to be a red deluxe one for example and possibly others.

I think there is also really limited stock of the standard straps but haven't checked lately.

The Bare Knuckle straps are EXACTLY the same, must be the same supplier.

Yup, they're exactly the same other than the name on the strap.

What happened to the black stitching that was used for the deluxe straps? The tan/suede stitching looks unsightly and I went and sharpied my strap's stitching to make it look uniformly black throughout the whole strap. I feel like MB did the same to all of his deluxe's after removing the logo in the Resistance era.

Yup, they're exactly the same other than the name on the strap.

What happened to the black stitching that was used for the deluxe straps? The tan/suede stitching looks unsightly and I went and sharpied my strap's stitching to make it look uniformly black throughout the whole strap. I feel like MB did the same to all of his deluxe's after removing the logo in the Resistance era.

Didn't he just get some deluxe straps that never came with any logo?

Didn't he just get some deluxe straps that never came with any logo?

There's the stealth one that I got what has just a black embossed logo and tan stitching. Not sure whether Matt's ones had the coloured stitching.

Afaik he had deluxes with the logos on them with tan stitching in the BH&R era, and I think all of the straps that he had for Resistance/T2L were carried over from BH&R, just with logos removed and blacked out stitching all around.

mattrome.thumb.JPG.2f15b7d66b0be7a575b710f7ede92585.JPG

image.jpg.cdff063f222e1c0868379b4a3e90d603.jpg

musepaphot190410.jpg.875111d0527466efc6f20fa84864f9f4.jpg

Come back after a few days to be greeted by strap-gate :LOL:

We're just trying to get you to buy a green strap for your DR-1.

I know the lot of you look at me the same way I look at Bs, but I have to tell you all.

I only use my Mansons straps about half the time, and I don't even have strap locks on some of my guitars.

Sorry.

We're just trying to get you to buy a green strap for your DR-1.

I know the lot of you look at me the same way I look at Bs, but I have to tell you all.

I only use my Mansons straps about half the time, and I don't even have strap locks on some of my guitars.

Sorry.

Not all straplocks?? :twitchy:

@jbias12

did you see that picture? I'm guessing the mahogany one with the MIDI strip is yours

Looking now!

In other MGW news, I spoke with Adrian today... Reserved my DR-1 number 99 with matching strap. Also, I had to confirm whether or not I wanted a forearm contour on the top of my custom.

EDIT: yea I'd say that could be mine second from the bottom. The REAL question though is how many of the others in the stack are yours, James90??

The bomber MA doesn't look too bad. Perhaps a future build...

Looking now!

In other MGW news, I spoke with Adrian today... Reserved my DR-1 number 99 with matching strap. Also, I had to confirm whether or not I wanted a forearm contour on the top of my custom.

EDIT: yea I'd say that could be mine second from the bottom. The REAL question though is how many of the others in the stack are yours, James90??

The bomber MA doesn't look too bad. Perhaps a future build...

Nice, which strap? Seeing as we tend to obsess over those now. Did you get the forearm contour, or leave it like the original 007? I recall the 007 MA has a forearm contour, but I can't remember.

Yours is mahogany yes?

And none that I'm aware of! One is just about complete, and the other is at a further stage than the ones in that stack.

Nice, which strap? Seeing as we tend to obsess over those now. Did you get the forearm contour, or leave it like the original 007? I recall the 007 MA has a forearm contour, but I can't remember.

Yours is mahogany yes?

And none that I'm aware of! One is just about complete, and the other is at a further stage than the ones in that stack.

Yea you're right, the original 007 doesn't have the forearm contour, but rust_relic's MA-007 does. Mine will have the contour as well and it is mahogany body, bird eye maple neck (painted black of course). Haven't decided on the strap color. Honestly, I'm cool with either one as long as the corresponding number is included.

Do you know what all of the upgrade features will be other than custom hardware and Sustainiac for the DR-1?

Yea you're right, the original 007 doesn't have the forearm contour, but rust_relic's MA-007 does. Mine will have the contour as well and it is mahogany body, bird eye maple neck (painted black of course). Haven't decided on the strap color. Honestly, I'm cool with either one as long as the corresponding number is included.

Do you know what all of the upgrade features will be other than custom hardware and Sustainiac for the DR-1?

That's what I thought. Apparently my black carbon has lightly figured birds-eye, but it's completely gloss black. Are you getting satin or gloss for the neck?

And not sure. Mine will be the uncovered MBK-2 and sustainiac anyway, but I haven't confirmed the spec yet.

edit:

I've held a manson and played psycho along other riffs from muse on it, beat that guys ;)

Please tell me he's not being serious.

Archived