Adrian emailed me saying he has numbers 16 and 40 left for the first run of the DR-1. I'm going to get one from the second batch due later this year.

me too

Damn man, those straps really add a nice touch of class to the package, and they're not mad expensive.

I'd love to get one, but it's got to wait till I finally get an MB.

James if you get #90 that would be awesome!

I think the DR has been a slow burner for Mansons, seems like they're having to add value? I'm surprised, I think it's a great looking guitar but then, it's basically an MA in fancy clothes for twice the price, so I do get the reluctance to jump on it.

I really like the look of the DR-1, but like someone said I couldn't imagine playing it for anything but drones songs.

I find it really interesting that 10 years ago a Mattocaster was unobtainable- unless you built one, or was lucky enough to get a "one that got away" now there's one at every price point.

I really like the look of the DR-1, but like someone said I couldn't imagine playing it for anything but drones songs.

I find it really interesting that 10 years ago a Mattocaster was unobtainable- unless you built one, or was lucky enough to get a "one that got away" now there's one at every price point.

If there's money to be made...

Makes sense business wise. The DR:1 limited run is worth £190k net, then there's the rights money from the Cort models. All adds up.

It does take away from the specialness of the shape and magic though, in my opinion.

I guess to some extent it does, to me though it's the shape I always wanted. It just made sense.

Damn man, those straps really add a nice touch of class to the package, and they're not mad expensive.

I'd love to get one, but it's got to wait till I finally get an MB.

James if you get #90 that would be awesome!

I think the DR has been a slow burner for Mansons, seems like they're having to add value? I'm surprised, I think it's a great looking guitar but then, it's basically an MA in fancy clothes for twice the price, so I do get the reluctance to jump on it.

Well I did

And no idea, but I imagine MB finally playing them on stage will make a difference. Maybe we'll see the corts being played next tour :erm:

Well I did

And no idea, but I imagine MB finally playing them on stage will make a difference. Maybe we'll see the corts being played next tour :erm:

Seeing the Corts selling like hotcakes, probably not. Does anyone know if his Matt Blacks are lighter than the Corts?!

Seeing the Corts selling like hotcakes, probably not. Does anyone know if his Matt Blacks are lighter than the Corts?!

I don't 'know' but i'd be inclined to say they almost certainly are. At least the one I played at Mansons was pretty heavy, maybe around 3.1kg or thereabouts. His matt blacks will use selected woods to ensure the weight is kept to a minimum, rather than the mass produced factory guitars like the Cort.

I don't 'know' but i'd be inclined to say they almost certainly are. At least the one I played at Mansons was pretty heavy, maybe around 3.1kg or thereabouts. His matt blacks will use selected woods to ensure the weight is kept to a minimum, rather than the mass produced factory guitars like the Cort.

That one at the VIP lounge (you know, the one that people play the psycho riff on) is supposedly really light. I'm not convinced that it's one of his stage guitars though.

I think I must be in the minority here that really do not like the look of the DR guitars. The whole finish and aesthetic just look a bit tacky to me?

That black strap with the green backing is definitely a nice touch though

I think I must be in the minority here that really do not like the look of the DR guitars. The whole finish and aesthetic just look a bit tacky to me?

Yea I'm not the biggest fan of it either, but it has grown on me enough to buy one. I'd rather have a matte black stealth MB-1 with Sustainiac and no screen. Same one he plays on stage essentially. I know I can basically get that with the Cort MBC-1, but personally I prefer to have a Manson MB model. The DR-1 fits that desire more than the Cort.

I imagine someone out there will eventually have a DR-1 stripped and repainted.

Yea I'm not the biggest fan of it either, but it has grown on me enough to buy one. I'd rather have a matte black stealth MB-1 with Sustainiac and no screen. Same one he plays on stage essentially. I know I can basically get that with the Cort MBC-1, but personally I prefer to have a Manson MB model. The DR-1 fits that desire more than the Cort.

I only liked it when Matt played it as it suits him and the tour. Not for me though.

The boyfriend had been looking at it again after seeing Matt had played one (I suspect this is WHY he played one... :twitchy: ) but decided not only was the color not to his liking, but it would feel super weird to have a guitar that expensive themed after one album, and he'd have to explain to people why it said "drones" on it all the time.

Which, thank god, because he still can't play. :LOL:

If you don't learn to play guitar on a red squier strat can you really play guitar?

Mine was white :$

ye

Didn't someone say they wouldn't refinish the DRs?

Yea I remember reading that too, but I could still see someone either doing it themselves or getting it redone somewhere else

If you don't learn to play guitar on a red squier strat can you really play guitar?

mine was sunburst :p

ye

I'd so have one refinished black to look like a stealth matt black. Doubt they'd do refinishes though

I wouldn't consider a weight like that as heavy. I haven't played the one in the shop, but supposedly the production models are a bit better (or at least that's what musewiki said)

I'm going to have to try it next time if they have it around. One of the people I met up with last time tried it, and he said he preferred it to his MA-2... It's the other way around with me, but the MBC is still a really good guitar.

mine was sunburst :p

I'd so have one refinished black to look like a stealth matt black. Doubt they'd do refinishes though

sunburst > all other strat colours

Wouldn't be worth it to buy one and have someone other than Mansons do the refinish.

To be honest, I plucked that figure out of thin air. It was certainly over 3kg, which is pretty much the limit for me in terms of acceptable weight ranges. I was into 2.5kg guitars way before Matt.

Also, 2- colour sunburst, not 3 colour.

James, are you getting a DL?

To be honest, I plucked that figure out of thin air. It was certainly over 3kg, which is pretty much the limit for me in terms of acceptable weight ranges. I was into 2.5kg guitars way before Matt.

Also, 2- colour sunburst, not 3 colour.

James, are you getting a DL?

Really? I'd consider 4kg and up as heavy!

I love those obnoxious 3 colour sunbursts that the 60s fenders have.

And yes. Well, SDL actually.

Really? I'd consider 4kg and up as heavy!

I love those obnoxious 3 colour sunbursts that the 60s fenders have.

And yes. Well, SDL actually.

Thought so. Didn't like the DL's, but now i'm sat looking at the May page of the calendar, and it's growing on me.

I'm a pretty slight guy, 5"6 and I find that I get shoulder ache having my E strapped on for 2 hours. I wouldn't be able to gig anything heavier.

I'm all about the 50's sunbursts.

I'll accept white and sunburst, I'll stretch to blue. Besides that you're struggling sadly.

Don't get me started on Strat colours! When you say blue, you mean Lake Placid yeah? Good.:twitchy:

Don't get me started on Strat colours! When you say blue, you mean Lake Placid yeah? Good.:twitchy:

Naturally