matthijs

Was it actually a bridge, or was it just some special MIDI feature?

If it's a bridge, Matt must have gone and stolen ideas off this board again

I understand that it's sort of a virtual whammy controller, sort of like the Ibanez IMG thing. He hasn't been granted the patent yet, so I guess that's the reason it's not gone public.

http://www.joness.com/gr300/img2010.htm

I can't look at that mirror, it makes me sad, but that Tele...

Damn for a second I thought that was the one Josh Homme had, and I was going to ask where to get one.

Yeah me too. But mainly because it's not in the shape it once was.

The other one doesn't really look like that. In normal lighting you can barely see that it's a burst, yet it can look like this in pictures

976348_10151644201795944_1706962014_o.jpg

*looks at James' guitars*

*hyperventilates*

in any case, got a question! Are these and these the same thing, just with different enclosing?

The mbk1 is pretty much manson's version of a p90 and the mbk-90 is dual p90s wound together in series/parallel like on the kaoss mansonhttp://www.musewiki.org/Manson_M1D1_Black

so no, theyre not the same thing :)

*looks at James' guitars*

*hyperventilates*

in any case, got a question! Are these and these the same thing, just with different enclosing?

Not exactly.

The MBK-1s are basically a P90 neck and bridge set in a humbucker housing, and the MBK:90s are two pickups, but both placed in the bridge position.

The one that's physically closest to the bridge is always on (unless you have a sustainer to switch to) while the one closer to the neck can be switched on with a push/pull or mini toggle for more output. You have series (basically a massive humbucker) or parallel (sort of like the middle position on a les paul) options, or just using the bridge facing pickup alone.

The mbk1 is pretty much manson's version of a p90 and the mbk-90 is dual p90s wound together in series/parallel like on the kaoss mansonhttp://www.musewiki.org/Manson_M1D1_Black

so no, theyre not the same thing :)

Not exactly.

The MBK-1s are basically a P90 neck and bridge set in a humbucker housing, and the MBK:90s are two pickups, but both placed in the bridge position.

The one that's physically closest to the bridge is always on (unless you have a sustainer to switch to) while the one closer to the neck can be switched on with a push/pull or mini toggle for more output. You have series (basically a massive humbucker) or parallel (sort of like the middle position on a les paul) options, or just using the bridge facing pickup alone.

Thank you!

If you put the MBK-90's in the neck & bridge position of a P-90 guitar though, would they sound the same as the MBK-1's?

Thank you!

If you put the MBK-90's in the neck & bridge position of a P-90 guitar though, would they sound the same as the MBK-1's?

I don't think it would. The second pickup in the MBK:90 set was made specifically to use in that pickup setup and with the sustainer, whereas the MBK-1 set is a standard neck and bridge pickup set.

Do the MBK:90s sound huge when they're in series? Fancy those pickups when I eventually order a custom :ninja:

Yeah, though you haven't heard huge until you've heard the #stealth, as that as some higher output ones. To give you an idea, my mirror E (which is probably closest) is about half as loud in series compared to the stealth

Can anyone give me advice for restringing these HAP Gotoh's?

When I changed the strings it was all okay up until the last three strings with how shallow the posts are, because of the way the are done to eliminate the string tree. It seems like I have loads of string on the B/E left excess even when doing the "two tuner length" rule.

Archived