matthijs

Also, what is the consensus on mother bucker pickups as opposed to the MBK-2? Just wondering. Also mbk1 vs 2?

Motherbuckers are great for Origin of Symmetry stuff and Stockholm Syndrome, for driving semi-crunchy amps although it is a very compressed sound

MBK-2's are much better quality and better sounding pickups IMHO

This might help

https://www.mansonguitarworks.com/categories/pickups-3

:)

Also, what is the consensus on mother bucker pickups as opposed to the MBK-2? Just wondering. Also mbk1 vs 2?

Still waiting for James' sound clips :ninja:

I'm actually super interested in the MBK3 set. The clean neck clip I saw on YouTube sounds so good

BTW James I'm guessing that new MA with the FRX is yours? :ninja:

I'm actually super interested in the MBK3 set. The clean neck clip I saw on YouTube sounds so good

I might have an MBK-3 bridge pickup and MBK-1 neck pickup from that copper guitar (which might be mine) from before the modifications

#MaybeForSale

I might have an MBK-3 bridge pickup and MBK-1 neck pickup from that copper guitar (which might be mine) from before the modifications

#MaybeForSale

I call dips on the MBK3. Make sound clips of the neck :rolleyes:

I like the finish of that. Reminds me of the skin of an avocado. You should've refinished it in dark green :rolleyes:

I call dips on the MBK3. Make sound clips of the neck :rolleyes:

I like the finish of that. Reminds me of the skin of an avocado. You should've refinished it in dark green :rolleyes:

I have that setup in an E-62 now, but the covers are black, so they might sound different

I'm worried it will end up looking like that over time!

I have one with an MBK 3 and one with an MBK 2 and prefer the MBK 3 as a pickup in terms of sound quality but the MBK 2 in terms of versatility. The MBK 3 also plays nicer with the sustainiac.

Finally uploaded a video with me using the Glitter MA with the Axe Fx if anyone's interested - https://youtu.be/CujmO16NIaY?t=3m30s - starting it from here so you can hear the sustainiac in action and such

Thanks for uploading that Jack. Your guitar is so nice *___*

That's the MBK2, right?

So far I've only heard these of the MBK3 and I love it *__*

&

Does Matt ever use an MBK-3?

yes, but only in this guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT8hV_Wq30E

How do you tell, James? Like, how do you train your ears to tell the difference from neck/ bridge or humbucker & P90? I guess MBK-2 and MBK-3 would be a bit trickier?

Also, anyone know what screwdriver size I need to intonate the Gotoh bridge? I don't wanna strip the screws :$

BTW I need a place to get strings from. I like EB alright, but I liked the Manson strings I got a while ago too. I'm guessing they're Rotosound?

How do you tell, James? Like, how do you train your ears to tell the difference from neck/ bridge or humbucker & P90? I guess MBK-2 and MBK-3 would be a bit trickier?

I guess you learn over time, but you can see that it's an MBK-3 with a black cover if you look closely. around 4:20 where he plays the harmonics shows the pickup clearly, but only for half a second

Also, anyone know what screwdriver size I need to intonate the Gotoh bridge? I don't wanna strip the screws :$

BTW I need a place to get strings from. I like EB alright, but I liked the Manson strings I got a while ago too. I'm guessing they're Rotosound?

If you're referring to the stock mbc strings those are just regular d'addarios. And afaik manson makes their own strings.

If you're referring to the stock mbc strings those are just regular d'addarios. And afaik manson makes their own strings.

oh I was referring to actually manson strings. :rolleyes:

the ends of the unwound Manson strings look like EB RPS, which is pretty nice.

Archived