Save Me has always felt like a good idea that was just rushed out and not really finished to me. I like it and all, but it could have done with some more work on it.

If anything it needed less work done on it. I think it could have worked with a slightly more raw production, less reverb, less strings/synths etc.

Are its basis its a half decent song but the over-productive basically drowned it in chedder and ruined it for me.

If anything it needed less work done on it. I think it could have worked with a slightly more raw production, less reverb, less strings/synths etc.

Are its basis its a half decent song but the over-productive basically drowned it in chedder and ruined it for me.

That would have made it ten times worse.

Actually I just had an idea. Matt likes to do a lot of vocal harmonies in the studio, but he quite often times them so he can't reproduce them live by himself. Now he's started sampling his voice live with Madness, so why not go a bit further, write a song that starts simple and gradually adds more and more layers to the vocals until it ends up being a gigantic Bellamy choir, but is written in such a way that he can just keep adding these parts live while Morgan (?) samples him.

One of those ideas that could be either really fucking amazing or unfathomably dreadful. :LOL:

Actually I just had an idea. Matt likes to do a lot of vocal harmonies in the studio, but he quite often times them so he can't reproduce them live by himself. Now he's started sampling his voice live with Madness, so why not go a bit further, write a song that starts simple and gradually adds more and more layers to the vocals until it ends up being a gigantic Bellamy choir, but is written in such a way that he can just keep adding these parts live while Morgan (?) samples him.

One of those ideas that could be either really fucking amazing or unfathomably dreadful. :LOL:

The Radiohead fans are gonna have a blast with that.

"OMG COPYING THOM YORKE"

Nice idea, but from that live in Rome video, it looks like it's Morgan who sings the 'Ma-ma-ma-ma' in Madness, and the mic's somehow turning it in to a voice that sounds like Matt's? I dunno, exactly, but it's definitely Matt's voice, with Morgan singing something. :erm:

Morgan is lipsyncing backing vocals. :awesome:

And the "ma-ma-ma" that's looped definitely doesn't sound like the only time he sings it, at the start of the video. Just sounds like the studio version to me. For example the last three, dragged out ma's are almost lower than the rest when Matt sings it, but on the loop they're actually louder?

Morgan is lipsyncing backing vocals. :awesome:
I know you're joking, but there's a general theme on here that Morgan mimes a lot. If he is (and he may well be, I don't know), what's the point? The stage is set up so that nobody pays attention to him anyway.

And the "ma-ma-ma" that's looped definitely doesn't sound like the only time he sings it, at the start of the video. Just sounds like the studio version to me. For example the last three, dragged out ma's are almost lower than the rest when Matt sings it, but on the loop they're actually louder?

Oh yeah I don't think it's a loop of what he sings at the start, but then again it sounds a lot more like Matt than the studio version does (not to mention a semitone lower). I dunno.

Unless you're saying you don't think it's the same recording played all the way through?

I know you're joking, but there's a general theme on here that Morgan mimes a lot. If he is (and he may well be, I don't know), what's the point? The stage is set up so that nobody pays attention to him anyway.
I do think that some of what he does is just completely unnecessary, just for the sake of having him do something. But meh, dunno.

Oh yeah I don't think it's a loop of what he sings at the start, but then again it sounds a lot more like Matt than the studio version does (not to mention a semitone lower). I dunno.

Unless you're saying you don't think it's the same recording played all the way through?

Oh right, forgot about the semitone thing. Just pre-recorded then?

I do think that some of what he does is just completely unnecessary, just for the sake of having him do something.
And yet for some songs, he leaves the stage entirely?

Oh right, forgot about the semitone thing. Just pre-recorded then?

Could be, but then why have Morgan mime the BVs? He's playing guitar for most of Madness anyway, he doesn't need to mime just for the sake of doing something. Unless it was just for the DVD that he was miming, I haven't seen him do it on other performances (though I doubt that's the case).

Could be, but then why have Morgan mime the BVs? He's playing guitar for most of Madness anyway, he doesn't need to mime just for the sake of doing something. Unless it was just for the DVD that he was miming, I haven't seen him do it on other performances (though I doubt that's the case).

Tbh it makes more sense to have him mime or at least not be audible than them somehow turning his voice into Matt's.

And I've seen him "sing" during Madness on other occasions. The first proshot for example, at Skavlan in Stockholm.

Archived