Just went back to the 'Make Predictions Based On Song Titles' thread...

Supremacy - The first 1:30 of the trailer.

Madness - This title makes me think of MotP, so maybe guitary with distortion and delay.

Panic Station - They said in an interview this was brassy and 80s-like... Hope they lied.

Prelude - Strings, yeah...

Survival - Queen with camp opera.

Follow Me - Piano, lullaby-style track. About Bing.

Animals - Tribal drumming. Tablas like in the photos.

Explorers - Maybe song weird cross of Exo-Politics and Resistance?

Big Freeze - I'm hoping for something epic here. Synths and guitars and noise.

Save Me - Stockholm Syndrome-esque riff with Unnatural Selection-style verses? (Hopefully)

Liquid State - Pretty much all synth and strings. Flow-ey.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable - Electronic, Dubstep-style track.

The 2nd Law: Isolated System - Fully orchestrated with choir and all.

That was hilariously wrong... :LOL:

Supremacy: First part of the trailer, flows into Madness. Big choirs and strings.

Madness: Quite heavy rock track, with a climax. Strong vocals.

Panic Station: Groovy song with disco-jazz influences. Cool drumming pattern, slap bass.

Prelude: hurr

Survival: durr

Follow Me: Starts simple and mellow, slowly builds up (not much, though). Will be good even if a bit cheesy.

Animals: Mind-blowingly heavy track, maybe their heaviest song ever. Chris singing. The one with the CE live riff.

Explorers: Dom using tablas, lots of synths, quite slow though.

Big Freeze: Piano song written by Chris. Starts strong and ends soft. Dark vibe (Space Dementia-ish)

Save Me: Standard rock song with bad lyrics.

Liquid State: Synth-driven song, with low vocals and choirs. Will flow into Unsustainable.

Unsustainable: Second part of the trailer, so heavy electronica-inspired riffage and vocoder. Will flow into Isolated System.

Isolated System: Epic closing track, with choirs and strings all toghether, heavy drums, heavy guitar, heavy bass. Heavy.

tHw0b.gif

Supremacy, Madness, Animals, Isolated System totally wrong :LOL:

The rest is alright.

Too much hate for Follow Me :supersad:

Watch Panic Station or Animals end up being the worst song

lol

You got Follow Me almost spot on.

Well hey, I was right about the Follow Me hate. Although I was completely off about what would end up being the more hated songs.

Indeed :cool:

I can't actually see a "hated" track. Maybe the less liked will be Survival. I somehow think that Big Freeze will not disappoint.

Indeed :cool:

I can't actually see a "hated" track. Maybe the less liked will be Survival. I somehow think that Big Freeze will not disappoint.

Survival, Madness, and Unsustainable have some equal hate depending on where you go. But everyone seems to have moved onto Big Freeze as the GL part 2 since most ended up loving Follow Me.

Survival, Madness, and Unsustainable have some equal hate depending on where you go. But everyone seems to have moved onto Big Freeze as the GL part 2 since most ended up loving Follow Me.

I thought Big Freeze would be my least favourite, but now that I've heard Follow Me, I've renewed faith that'll actually be good!

I honestly feel that The 2nd Law might become my 2nd favorite album after OoS. All the tracks sound really good so far, and I don't have a problem with Madness and Survival. (The one that I do have a problem with is Unsustainable, tad bit underwhelming. :()

And why does Matt suddenly sound so overly awesome at the Cologne gig? :stunned: He's putting quite a lot of work into the vocals.

Archived