So where's your beef about Survival? There were no choirs. LESS LAYERS.

Yeah but it sounds big and immersive.

Oh c'mon, you can say EVERYTHING about Supremacy, except that it lacks oomph :LOL:

It's also just a fan recording in not high quality.

Whatever, I quit :LOL:

(prepares for "Oh thank god :facepalm: ")

Oh c'mon, you can say EVERYTHING about Supremacy, except that it lacks oomph :LOL:

It's also just a fan recording in not high quality.

I don't think it lacks oomph, but i can see where he's coming from. I think it's because the beats on the hi hat when it kicks in opposed to the crash. Still sounds beefy as fuck i reckon though :)

Finally :awesome:

I don't think it lacks oomph, but i can see where he's coming from. I think it's because the beats on the hi hat when it kicks in opposed to the crash. Still sounds beefy as fuck i reckon though :)

I kind of see his point, he feels the song to be emptier than expected because a huge layer of strings and trumpet was missing.

Still, that doesn't make the song oomph-less. Not at all. It's one of the beefiest Muse tracks of all time.

Dunno what Travis is on about. Supremacy is awesome. They better not drop it :chuckle:

I hope they keep dropping Follow Me though

I did mention when the first video came out it felt a lot more stripped back than the reviews were making it out to be. I can really see the studio version having the backing parts a lot more filled out and sounding more immense. Also I guess seeing the live one in person will feel much larger than a compressed youtube video.

I know :eek:

Was there this much positivity when the first songs from The Resistance were played?

I vaguely remember some negativity, but I don't remember how much. I'd like to know too cause I also remember some people not minding the songs so much but hating them later.

:LOL: Ohh shut it already! Muse usually has a certain...massive sound to their records. You know exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't, go back and listen to Micro Cuts, Apocalypse Please, Sing For Absolution, Survival, etc.

Listen to audience recordings of any of the songs you mentioned and you'll realise that they all sound oomphless

Archived