I don't think I ever ranked the songs or gave my proper verdict of the album :facepalm:

Here goes:

Supremacy 11/10

Animals 10/10

Unsustainable 9/10

Follow Me 9/10

Panic Station 9/10

Liquid State 9/10

Save Me 9/10

Isolated System 9/10

Madness 8/10

Big Freeze 8/10

Explorers 8/10

Prelude 7/10

Survival 7/10

10/10 - fucking awesome! :D

I don't think I ever ranked the songs or gave my proper verdict of the album :facepalm:

Here goes:

Supremacy 11/10

Animals 10/10

Unsustainable 9/10

Follow Me 9/10

Panic Station 9/10

Liquid State 9/10

Save Me 9/10

Isolated System 9/10

Madness 8/10

Big Freeze 8/10

Explorers 8/10

Prelude 7/10

Survival 7/10

10/10 - fucking awesome! :D

your average does't match up :unsure:

Or maybe he prefers listening to Queen over dubstep, as do I. Or maybe he thinks Unsustainable is rubbish, as do I.

Still would have sounded more credible if he'd said "ripping off Skrillex" or "playing dubstep" etc... You can't really rip off a genre...

It also makes it sound like he didn't listen to the entire album, as the dubstep complaint turned out to be pretty much pointless, and some of the album still does sound like Queen. :LOL:

I've seen all but one song from this album live (two if you count Prelude :p), and it's amazing how well they translate to a live setting. I didn't find that was the case for all The Resistance tracks, but these tracks work great live. I doubted if Isolated System would come off well, but even that's got a different energy.

This album is far from consistent in theme or style, but it's consistently good throughout. About half of the tracks are equally as good as one another, and the other half is made up of tracks that are either better or only marginally poorer. Just a shame there won't be any b-sides. Still miffed about that :phu:

I didn't say that. I'm pissed that they've chosen not to release any more songs from this 'era' in the form of b-sides for no reason.

Look at the TR era "b-sides". Who Knows Who, Popcorn, Prague? :LOL:

True, but having b-sides = having more songs, which means potential for having (even more) good songs :phu:

With the effort they put in TR ones.. :chuckle:

I like all of those, especially Who Knows Who :phu:

Or it just means having more songs which are bad...

True, true. I'd be willing to take the risk though. Sign O' The Times would've been a good one.

True, but having b-sides = having more songs, which means potential for having (even more) good songs :phu:

Exactly.

The flip side of that argument is:

Look at the Absolution era b-sides: The Groove, Fury, Eternally Missed.

Look at the Origin b-sides: Hyper Chondriac Music, Spiral Static, Shrinking Universe, Nature_1, Shine etc etc

And just for good measure: Glorious, Crying Shame, Forced In, Host, Twin, Yes Please - and tons more I can't be arsed to list, haha.

Basing the quality of b-sides on one album's poorer effort doesn't prove they can't do good b-sides. In fact, the majority have been good, imo (good enough to make an album out of a la Hullabaloo :p) We can't ever know if the T2L era b-sides would be good or not if they don't give us any, lol.

My point was just to show the effort they would put in b-sides anyway

How could you possibly know what kind of effort they'd put into them. maybe they'd just be tracks that they loved but for one reason or another didn't make it onto the album. You can't possibly know.

I would like to hear some of the other stuff they worked on too. It's kind of a bummer they didn't release any b sides, in my opinion, too.

I don't get the point in not hoping for some b sides. If their bad songs than we just complain for about a week and move on. However if it's quality (like that Prince cover) than we get a good song. It's really a no lose situation.

Yeah well, the problem is that they said that they won't release b-sides anymore. I don't think anyone here would really mind b-sides.

Archived