In a world where everything is available online for free, why the fuck are you people debating (on the internet no less) what 'good sales figures' are when next to nobody buys rock albums anymore?

Because in a world where everything is available free online, record companies stop shelling out money for records... and then fans have to shell out money for lame kickstarters that may or may not come to fruition, or eventually there's just not music at all...

Maybe.

Someone on Facebook said Muse was "bringing back Showbiz songs" this tour. When I suggested that wasn't true and perhaps only a random song in Japan or Australia, she said they'd been practicing them during rehearsals. Have I missed something? :unsure:

I think in the ask Muse they said they played some again but that doesn't mean anything.

Someone on Facebook said Muse was "bringing back Showbiz songs" this tour. When I suggested that wasn't true and perhaps only a random song in Japan or Australia, she said they'd been practicing them during rehearsals. Have I missed something? :unsure:

They said they tried to rehearse Sunburn but gave up after the first verse or something, that's all.

I think in the ask Muse they said they played some again but that doesn't mean anything.

They said they tried to rehearse Sunburn but gave up after the first verse or something, that's all.

Oh okay. I won't put too much stock in that then. We all know whatever they rehearse/soundcheck ends up being NOT what they play during the actual gig.

Not really, they said "I'm routing for Muscle Museum to come back. We nearly played Sunburn in rehearsals today but gave up after a couple of bars" and Matt said also "Not sure. May play 'Falling Down' from Showbiz at some point."

Yeah still let's not get our hopes too high.

Not really, they said "I'm routing for Muscle Museum to come back. We nearly played Sunburn in rehearsals today but gave up after a couple of bars" and Matt said also "Not sure. May play 'Falling Down' from Showbiz at some point."

Getting my hopes too high

Muse playing Falling Down

Pick one

Getting my hopes too high

Muse playing Falling Down

Pick one

:LOL: I know right. Still I'd take Falling Down over Starlight though. It's still a rarity. And not as bad as Sober/Fillip/Overdue.

Still, the fact that they think to bring it back instead of Showbiz/HTAILY/Uno: :logic:

:LOL: I know right. Still I'd take Falling Down over Starlight though. It's still a rarity. And not as bad as Sober/Fillip/Overdue.

Still, the fact that they think to bring it back instead of Showbiz/HTAILY/Uno: :logic:

It's even weirder considering the last two albums have had a total of 0 acoustic songs.

Maybe for a change-up? :confused::logic:

Bring back Unintended then (which was played on the last tour). Play Soldiers Poem/City Of Delusion (both of which are more recent and more popular that Falling Down.)

But Falling Down? What is the relation to T2L? Or any recent Muse release?

This is sort of on topic.

I know, I didn't mention Falling Down or Muscle Museum 'cause I figured it'll never happen anyway :p Plus Matt could've been trolololing, I think he mentioned Falling Down straight after a jokey answer about hearts and souls.

Bring back Unintended then (which was played on the last tour). Play Soldiers Poem/City Of Delusion (both of which are more recent and more popular that Falling Down.)

But Falling Down? What is the relation to T2L? Or any recent Muse release?

This is sort of on topic.

Because they did more personal songs on this album, the last time they did that was Showbiz. Therefore, they'll bring it back. :logic:

I've noticed alot of people say they can't enjoy the album as a whole because of the lack of cohesion. Have you guys tried making alternative playlists? I feel like this album could have been way more cohesive then it was. I mean Madness after Supremacy :eek:

e.g.

Unsustainable

Liquid State

Animals

Supremacy

Prelude

Survival

Isolated System

Follow Me

Save Me

Madness

Big Freeze

Panic Station

Explorers

No, good on record, boring as fuck live :noey:

City Of Delusion, however :awesome:

/doublepostftw

I haven't heard CoD live in a while but I recall not being too fond of it. Despite it being amazing on the album.

Muse being more personal = The 2nd Law of thermodynamics.

I've noticed alot of people say they can't enjoy the album as a whole because of the lack of cohesion. Have you guys tried making alternative playlists? I feel like this album could have been way more cohesive then it was. I mean Madness after Supremacy :eek:

e.g.

Unsustainable

Liquid State

Animals

Supremacy

Prelude

Survival

Isolated System

Follow Me

Save Me

Madness

Big Freeze

Panic Station

Explorers

There's a whole thread about it, it's called "How would you change The 2nd Law?" :p

I don't like your tracklist at all :( I have

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

Supremacy

Liquid State

Panic Station

Explorers

Prelude

Survival

Madness

Animals

Follow Me

Save Me

Big Freeze

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

and I love it.

There's a whole thread about it, it's called "How would you change The 2nd Law?" :p

I don't like your tracklist at all :( I have

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

Supremacy

Liquid State

Panic Station

Explorers

Prelude

Survival

Madness

Animals

Follow Me

Save Me

Big Freeze

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

and I love it.

:p hmmm. Should try that playlist out. I realized that there were pretty much two personalities to the album. So I let isolated system split the album. And it leads quite nicely into Follow Me. Meh it's comes down to personal preference :happy:.

:p hmmm. Should try that playlist out. I realized that there were pretty much two personalities to the album. So I let isolated system split the album. And it leads quite nicely into Follow Me. Meh it's comes down to personal preference :happy:.

The two T2L songs work for me just as opener and closer (IS is actually my favourite closer in a Muse album) :) try the order I made, maybe you'll like it!

Just something...regarding the "Falling Down" thingy, someone asked on the 'Ask Muse on Twitter' session if they'll debut "Falling Away With You" this tour, but Matt replied by saying that "Not sure. May play 'Falling Down' from Showbiz at some point." So there you go, maybe something that just slipped out for the sake of satisfying fans. At the moment.

Anyways, back to The 2nd Law, the conflict between its diversity and its cohesion is kinda bugging me. Of course in the beginning I thought it flowed fine (except for the last T2L tracks). :erm: Would really like to see more cohesive releases in the future, and maybe less of diversity but more of innovation within a certain 'sound-scape' that would help to sustain the momentum of the album. (That is if they are still sticking to albums.)

Honestly, I might be bullshitting. :LOL: I hope you get what I mean.

Just something...regarding the "Falling Down" thingy, someone asked on the 'Ask Muse on Twitter' session if they'll debut "Falling Away With You" this tour, but Matt replied by saying that "Not sure. May play 'Falling Down' from Showbiz at some point." So there you go, maybe something that just slipped out for the sake of satisfying fans. At the moment.

Yeah it was probably just the word "falling" that made Matt say that, but they might have been thinking of playing a Showbiz song and hadn't decided which one yet.

I would love it if they played Falling Down. It would fit in with the theme a bit because it's about the band surviving against the odds I think, well with a rather different take. It's pretty bitter.

They could play Falling Down leading into Survival. That would be like "Ha, look at us now!" :LOL:

Actually off topic, I was just thinking, Matt said they got all the horrible stuff out of the way in the beginning. I didn't know their management sued them. I wonder what that was about.

Just to say, watching the 'Making of The 2nd Law' bonus feature dvd has given me a new-found appreciation of the last two tracks on the album. Just seeing all the components and layers that make up the compositions e.g. the orchestra, choir, different types of drum used etc, it's sort of given me a new angle from which to enjoy the tracks. Not that they're now up there with my favourites from the album, far from it, but at least now i appreciate the work gone in to them.

I really like this bonus feature that's been included on the last 2 albums. But I'd prefer it if it included segments on all the songs, instead of missing out half the album. I'd have been especially interested to see what happenned in the studio when Chris brought his songs to the table. Pity.

Archived