How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Oh NBC, pretty sure they'll cut anything not tailored to USA tastes anyway like during the 7/7 tribute and show an interview instead :rolleyes:

Fury, thank you! For some reason my box isn't displaying anything after swimming on NBC for that day...

To the quote: that was *unbelievable*

I absolutely couldn't believe it.

Has anyone heard 'Survival' played yet on the Olympics programmes? Have been watching coverage every day and haven't heard it yet:(

well, I've heard it once, a 20 seconds (or so) snippet was played when they showed the final scores of the gymnastics team competition iirc. but that was it, I've never heard it again:LOL: others claimed to have heard it a few times, but it's certainly not overplayed...:rolleyes:

Haven't seen it played over BBC coverage yet, but I haven't watched that much of the Games, tbh. Now that the events are on, though, the lyrics make more sense somehow, lol. Watching athletes compete, you get a sense that they lyrics are 100 per cent what they're thinking and feeling (okay, maybe with the exception of the death references: 'I won't forgive; vengeance is mine').

It was a much better-suited song to the Opening Ceremony before the athletes had actually started competing, rather than the Closing Ceremony when they would have done all the things the lyrics describe - it'd seem a bit outdated to sing 'I'm gonna win' if you've already won :chuckle:.

Fingers crossed it'll be live as well. I don't think Arctic Monkeys' performance was dubbed (even though there was a bit of a cock-up with Paul McCartney's synching with the song, lol). They really should bring in a fecking choir for this at least, even if they can't carry one around with them on tour. This is a 'once in a lifetime' performance, after all.

Haven't seen it played over BBC coverage yet, but I haven't watched that much of the Games, tbh. Now that the events are on, though, the lyrics make more sense somehow, lol. Watching athletes compete, you get a sense that they lyrics are 100 per cent what they're thinking and feeling (okay, maybe with the exception of the death references: 'I won't forgive; vengeance is mine').

It was a much better-suited song to the Opening Ceremony before the athletes had actually started competing, rather than the Closing Ceremony when they would have done all the things the lyrics describe - it'd seem a bit outdated to sing 'I'm gonna win' if you've already won :chuckle:.

Fingers crossed it'll be live as well. I don't think Arctic Monkeys' performance was dubbed (even though there was a bit of a cock-up with Paul McCartney's synching with the song, lol). They really should bring in a fecking choir for this at least, even if they can't carry one around with them on tour. This is a 'once in a lifetime' performance, after all.

They probably will have choir, at least for the ceremony.

Not once in any of the judo I've been watching, they have been repeating songs a lot though, don't stop believing, around the world and heroes all day erry day.

God I fucking hate Don't Stop Believing. It's been so overused in the last couple of years because of Glee.

I have only heard it once on the BBC. Nothing like what I expected. Well I started to be concerned that it wouldn't be played when it wasn't played at the opening ceremony, but initially I expected it to be played a lot.

You heard it once =/= it's not been played much. :p

Archived