I'm defiantly after one of those now to replace my poorly TZ5 camera which I got for Muse at Marley Park - its something my parents might consider as a gift for my 40th next year possibly:D the Tz5 still works as its on a Currys cover plan and they fixed it but its only at about 80% capacity quality wise now and still freezes a lot.

Some wow photography here :D

Hi everyone!! sorry for posting here, but I've just find this forum and perhaps someone of you could help me... :-)

I'm a Robbie Williams fan who will travel to London for attending a gig at the O2 Arena the next november 23th. I have standing tickets and my entrance is F (don't know if all of the standing tickets have the same door assigned!).

Anybody knows where we'll be allowed to do the queue? It's our first gig at this venue (we'll go from Spain), and don't know if usually there are only one or several queues depending on the entrance assigned in the order. Or there will only one queue outside The O2 and later we'll go to our door assigned?

Please, all information is more than welcome!! Thank you very much in advance!

The O2 is in a big tent, so you won't be queueing outside but it's not warm either. At least you won't get rained on! And they only have one entrance for standing. I don't know what the Robbie Williams crowd is like but for Muse to get on the barrier you have to start queueing in the morning.

Ha, yes, that was my friend, he told her off! I told her to ignore him, if you go to a rock gig expecting to be sitting down you're a fool... :rolleyes: Did you say something about your son being in the standing area?

We had the same problem with a (quite young!) guy behind us who told us to sit down during Panic Station because his girlfriend could not see a thing (seems that the girlfriend could not speak for herself...)

We went to the stairs for a while but then security told us to go back to our seats. I explained our problem to the security guy and he told us that we had the right to stand and even asked us if we wanted him to go talk to the guys!

Eventually everyone stood up as soon as TIRO was played so they had no choice but to stand up as well. But it ruined half of the gig for us :rolleyes:

Muse totally reconfirmed that they are the best live act in the world still!. I took my nearly 60 yo Dad to it as I had a spare ticket. I gave him all the singles and a few others songs before hand as he wanted to know a few. He bought the 2nd law and really liked it and keeps talking about how amazing they were live and wants to see them again!! He is a drummer so Dom blew him away! Trying to talking him out of buying a lyrca onesy!! Fingers crossed they do an end of tour gig in London at Wembley, or Emirates (has been rumoured)

I've got to say, that was the best night of my life. Never have I experienced such joy, it's amazing what emotions music can give you. Even though the seats weren't exactly very good (could barely see anything without binoculars and the height we were at was scary, even though I don't have a fear of heights) and I was disappointed that there were empty seats left because the ticket reselling websites bought the seats and re-sold them for ridiculous prices and nobody could afford them.

Also, unfortunately, RIGHT before the gig, at the actual arena, my camera refused to work. :( Completely. After hitting it a lot, it started to work (slightly...) but the image quality was terrible. I was thinking about getting a new camera for the gig but apparently O2 didn't let you in with proper cameras (that's what they said on the website anyway) but I learnt that they don't even check! So, that was a massive disappointment, but now I've got absolutely no idea what camera to get, because the market is totally overfilled now... what cameras do you guys use for gigs? (I'd prefer something under £300 or something like that)

I noticed almost everybody in this thread has a Panasonic Lumix. I have seen some with TZ10s, some have the TZ20 and some want the TZ30 (so do I now, after reading the reviews). I have a TZ7. It's great for gig photography as it is light, they always let you bring it in, the video AND sound quality are superb and it takes great pics too. I use the High Speed Burst and High Sensitivity settings for gigs depending on the lighting levels. And the good news is you can even get the new TZ30 off eBay or Amazon for just over £200. :-)

Just as an example, this is one of my photos from Friday eve:

Untitled-4.jpg

Awesome gig, and it was great meeting so many people off the board. Can't really pick favourite moments because I might just ramble on for hours (although most annoying moment goes to the people behind me who talked throughout Explorers :wtf:). Looking forward to seeing thoses who will be in Manchester. :)

I noticed almost everybody in this thread has a Panasonic Lumix. I have seen some with TZ10s, some have the TZ20 and some want the TZ30 (so do I now, after reading the reviews). I have a TZ7. It's great for gig photography as it is light, they always let you bring it in, the video AND sound quality are superb and it takes great pics too. I use the High Speed Burst and High Sensitivity settings for gigs depending on the lighting levels. And the good news is you can even get the new TZ30 off eBay or Amazon for just over £200. :-)

Just as an example, this is one of my photos from Friday eve:

some swear by the classic Canon G series too (Sophi does anyway).

Interested in seeing the Canon M or Nikon 1 series being used for gigs.

I still carry my heavy 5d mk ii

8130481380_f19f72753d_c.jpg

Muse - o2 Arena, London 27/10/12 by crazybobbles, on Flickr

I've got to say, that was the best night of my life. Never have I experienced such joy, it's amazing what emotions music can give you. Even though the seats weren't exactly very good (could barely see anything without binoculars and the height we were at was scary, even though I don't have a fear of heights) and I was disappointed that there were empty seats left because the ticket reselling websites bought the seats and re-sold them for ridiculous prices and nobody could afford them.

Also, unfortunately, RIGHT before the gig, at the actual arena, my camera refused to work. :( Completely. After hitting it a lot, it started to work (slightly...) but the image quality was terrible. I was thinking about getting a new camera for the gig but apparently O2 didn't let you in with proper cameras (that's what they said on the website anyway) but I learnt that they don't even check! So, that was a massive disappointment, but now I've got absolutely no idea what camera to get, because the market is totally overfilled now... what cameras do you guys use for gigs? (I'd prefer something under £300 or something like that)

I got a similar problem, where my camera (I use an old Lumix my parents had before they opted for a top-end Olympus) had a "System Error (Zoom)" flash on the screen during MOTP and it was only the train back home where I managed to get it to work again.

That was a blow. Still better photos than the battery powered Kodak I used to have though.

I used to have a Lumix TZ7, great camera. I've currently got the Lumix TZ10, which I love. These are my pics from Friday and Saturday.

Video (watch in HD).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUWZKlcXU5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeHEeM3dMkY

Don't go for the Lumix TZ20, you'll be very disappointed with the results. I owned one, very briefly (five days!) before returning it to Amazon as I was so unhappy with it.

I'll soon be buying the Lumix TZ30, gets good reviews and most mention the fact the images are far better than those the TZ20 produced.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMC-TZ30EB-K-Compact-Camera-Optical/dp/B0073CD6AE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351617869&sr=8-1

Awesome gig, and it was great meeting so many people off the board. Can't really pick favourite moments because I might just ramble on for hours (although most annoying moment goes to the people behind me who talked throughout Explorers :wtf:). Looking forward to seeing thoses who will be in Manchester. :)

Hellooooo! :kiss:

I used to have a Lumix TZ7, great camera. I've currently got the Lumix TZ10, which I love. These are my pics from Friday and Saturday.

[...]

Don't go for the Lumix TZ20, you'll be very disappointed with the results. I owned one, very briefly (five days!) before returning it to Amazon as I was so unhappy with it.

I'll soon be buying the Lumix TZ30, gets good reviews and most mention the fact the images are far better than those the TZ20 produced.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMC-TZ30EB-K-Compact-Camera-Optical/dp/B0073CD6AE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351617869&sr=8-1

Tacking on here to say you should also avoid the TZ18 if you find it. I own one and my image quality is utterly gorgeous BUT the video quality is extremely disappointing. The videos look lovely, especially in HD, but the sound quality is one of the most disappointing things imaginable. After hearing the quality of the level below, you almost feel robbed.

Archived