Were you in the block right by the stage, Nicole?

We were in block 111.

As it is not visible, I presume it has been moderated. A bit disappointed...

I highly doubt they've been moderated when others' haven't. Did you post the link correctly?

I used to have a Lumix TZ7, great camera. I've currently got the Lumix TZ10, which I love. These are my pics from Friday and Saturday.

Don't go for the Lumix TZ20, you'll be very disappointed with the results. I owned one, very briefly (five days!) before returning it to Amazon as I was so unhappy with it.

I'll soon be buying the Lumix TZ30, gets good reviews and most mention the fact the images are far better than those the TZ20 produced.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMC-TZ30EB-K-Compact-Camera-Optical/dp/B0073CD6AE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351617869&sr=8-1

I do use a TZ7 and saw one guy in front of me using the TZ30 - dat zoom! :eek:

Guess I'll start saving money from now on so I can buy one for the stadium gigs ;)

I am definitely going to back to a Lumix TZ, I was very satisfied with my TZ6. Got it refurbished off eBay, unfortunately it got stolen in a burglary a few months ago :(

I still have no idea why I went for the Olympus SZ-31mr instead of the TZ30, good old trusted Lumix.

The problems I have with my Olympus are minor, but really annoy me. First of all it has a great zoom, BUT when filming you can hear the camera zooming in/out in the video. In the videos from the O2 it's like the sound gets muffled every time I zoomed in/out.

Another thing is, every time I a) take single shot, b) use high-speed burst, c) film, the camera tells me it's busy for a few seconds before I can take the next picture/film ... by which time I have already missed a great Matt-Bellamy-guitar-rape-shot :indiff:

It's been months since the bloody burglar took my precious Lumix so I can't remember all the details. Are the videos in anyway affected by zooming noises/muffling? And is the camera busy for a while after a high-speed burst or can you just go on happily taking pictures?

P.S.: that Olympus has a 24x optical zoom which is great, but you need a steady hand to take clear picture when that monster is all out, maybe not so good when standing in the pit where there is constant movement ;)

Are the videos in anyway affected by zooming noises/muffling? And is the camera busy for a while after a high-speed burst or can you just go on happily taking pictures?

You can hear the camera focussing while filming (some tiny beeping/ whistling noise), but only when it's really very quiet, so no problem at gigs ;)

It is busy saving videos for a while, though. Can't tell you for how long, but it's deffo not back in picture mode the second you stop filming. Unless I'm doing something wrong ;)

I have the TZ7 and I know nothing about digital photography.:$

I was told the speed of the memory card makes a difference - my friend's card has 10 on hers whilst my card has 6 (the number inside the little circle) making her writing speed faster.

If that makes any sense speaking without any jargon.:LOL:

Just checked, mine has a 4 only, that would explain why my camera is bitching me about being "busy" :LOL:

This thread is so useful, am going to check my card speed when I get home!

As for the taking pictures straight after High Speed Burst: no issues going straight back to it on my TZ7, but maybe that's because I have a fast card? Must get a bigger one though, I ran out of space on it literally the breath before the final falsetto on 'Survival'! :eek:

EDIT: just remembered my camera was in my bag and had a look: mine's a 4 as well. So the writing speed may only be an issue when it comes to processing video then, it's definitely not a problem when taking photos for me. Though I can't say I've ever noticed it when using video either, to be honest.

As for the taking pictures straight after High Speed Burst: no issues going straight back to it on my TZ7, but maybe that's because I have a fast card? Must get a bigger one though, I ran out of space on it literally the breath before the final falsetto on 'Survival'! :eek:

I have a big, but slow one I now realize. No storage problems at all with 32gb SD card. I had only 4gb cards for Wembley 2010, on one night the battery failed on me mid-KOC and the other the card went full in the middle of filming something else grrrr.

From what I heard the biggest card the TZ7 can handle is 32GB. Never tried it tho ...

Also, random question about the barrier. I was in the same spot for both O2 nights, the Chris corner, I got like the last "piece" stable barrier before the barrier bit that opens to let AAA people in and out.

Is the crowd generally softer in the corners or was it just an exception? I expected to get flattened once Muse came on, but nothing happened, no surge forward, which isn't bad because I went jumping-mental for some songs, but it did seem oddly quiet :stunned:

I was standing in the barrier on the second night, right in the center in front of the small platform (only 3 people fit there), and I was expected to be crushed to death, but nothing like that happened. It was like a German gig! No pain, no crush, nothing! we were singing, jumping, dancing to Panic Station... Maybe the fan base is getting old, or they were too tired after the first night, but it was a pleasure cruise. :)

Also, random question about the barrier. I was in the same spot for both O2 nights, the Chris corner, I got like the last "piece" stable barrier before the barrier bit that opens to let AAA people in and out.

Is the crowd generally softer in the corners or was it just an exception? I expected to get flattened once Muse came on, but nothing happened, no surge forward, which isn't bad because I went jumping-mental for some songs, but it did seem oddly quiet :stunned:

I decided to get seating tickets for London cause Wembley was a little too much for me last time but looking at the crowd in the O2 I did regret not being down there a little! Didn't look like a lot of shoving, pushing, crushing down there! Nothing like these waves going through the crowd in Wembley!

I decided to get seating tickets for London cause Wembley was a little too much for me last time but looking at the crowd in the O2 I did regret not being down there a little! Didn't look like a lot of shoving, pushing, crushing down there! Nothing like these waves going through the crowd in Wembley!

Wow, seriously? Well then I'm a lucky bunny on this tour only doing Hamburg now though, but I'm a happy bunny anyway as long as long as the smooshed to death is not as bad as Reading I'm ok I think :LOL: I had surprisingly more than enough space to jump on the barrier

Wow, seriously? Well then I'm a lucky bunny on this tour only doing Hamburg now though, but I'm a happy bunny anyway as long as long as the smooshed to death is not as bad as Reading I'm ok I think :LOL: I had surprisingly more than enough space to jump on the barrier

I did second barrier in Reading cause people from Leeds send us messages the first barrier would be really tough. Was perfect there :)

Hamburg shouldn't be a problem space/ surviving-vise, unless German Muse fans have changed a lot since the last tour ;)

I did second barrier in Reading cause people from Leeds send us messages the first barrier would be really tough. Was perfect there :)

Hamburg shouldn't be a problem space/ surviving-vise, unless German Muse fans have changed a lot since the last tour ;)

Queeni, I've posted in the Munich thread, but do you happen to know anyone who's selling a standing ticket for that gig please?

I did 7 hours on Reading barrier, survived the Enter Shikari crowd surfing disaster, but then asked to get pulled out because I was not going to last for the last 3-4 hours.

I then met my friends in the middle between barrier 1 and 2 and it was perfect there, except I'm short and can hardly see a thing over everybody else :LOL:

I suppose Reading madness would still be all right for a regular gig as it's not 7+ hours long :D

Although i still find it odd that the crowd seem so much calmer, I'm not complaining because I enjoyed every moment at the O2, I keep the best of memories of it :awesome:

Edit: if I can get some Bratwurst mit Pommes or Currywurst on that day I will again be very happy

Archived