The dubstep bit has to be trolling, there's no way I can believe they'd actually put that shit on the album :LOL: ...and if they do, it would be one of the things on permanent skip when I'm playing the album. Utter bollocks :LOL:

I did like the music before dubstep kicked in though.

The dubstep bit has to be trolling, there's no way I can believe they'd actually put that shit on the album :LOL: ...and if they do, it would be one of the things on permanent skip when I'm playing the album. Utter bollocks :LOL:

I did like the music before dubstep kicked in though.

My thoughts exactly. I was REALLY excited, then that dubstep thing kicked in and I..just... :noey:

The "Unsustainable" robot really is silly.

I also think showing live footage of Muse playing conventional guitar, bass & drums with the dubstep looks pretty silly. Is it even possible to play live music that sounds completely electronic?

Love the trailer, love the music, love the theme, so excited. :D

And haha Bertha or Doris or whoever it is now can't take the strain. :D

or the growth of the fanbase, it is unsustainable :LOL:

not sure why is everyone so surprised by the dubstep?

they were clearly interested by heavy electronica like Enter Shikari, Does It Offend You, Yeah and Skrillex. Matt even collaborated with DIHYY and they made an oficial remix for muse

I also think showing live footage of Muse playing conventional guitar, bass & drums with the dubstep looks pretty silly. Is it even possible to play live music that sounds completely electronic?

Uhm, yes.

Okay, give me an example.

It's just that nothing in that snippet sounds like an electric guitar, bass, and regular drum kit.

It sounds like a dj with with their computer.

... Judy, have you even seen the discussion about the Kitara? It won't be just from a computer

Okay, give me an example.

It's just that nothing in that snippet sounds like an electric guitar, bass, and regular drum kit.

It sounds like a dj with with their computer.

Yo son step on that Kaoss Pad.

... Judy, have you even seen the discussion about the Kitara? It won't be just from a computer

I did. I was just pointing out that the video footage shows the band playing usual instruments, so it looks odd. No kitara in the video footage.

Is it even possible to play live music that sounds completely electronic?

I did. I was just pointing out that the video footage shows the band playing usual instruments, so it looks odd. No kitara in the video footage.

Live music =/=guitar, bass and drums.

Synth instruments are still live...

Look up Feral or Meeting in the Aisle live from Radiohead's current tour. That's probably the closest to people playing pure electronic music live with guitars, drums etc that I'm readily familiar with.

It's just becase Tom thought to put live images of the bands along with the music :rolleyes: and actually he did a good job, drop basses are timed perfectly with Chris and Matt and drum beats are timed perfectly with Dom.

I think it would've been a better idea to call it "The Second Law" without the "2nd"...

Otherwise sceptical about the orchestra-dubstep-y song... I hope the entire album isn't like that song :stunned:

I don't understand why people even consider that the whole album could sound like that.

First off, Muse don't have the attention span to keep to a genre for that long, just look at...all their previous albums.

Second, they have said that they had a Skrillex inspired song, which kinda implies that it's, you know, one song.

OMG! I'm too excited to write right now!

Now I really feel that new Muse era is coming. And it feels so fucking great that I can hardly stand it!!!!! SO SO SO EXCITED.

And about that dubstep thing - I really don't care. They've never disappointed me so far! I would trust them with my life and I love them unconditionaly so... I truly believe it will be an awesome album anyway. After all, there is one thing muse taught me - be open minded. So I'm open for new things as well as they are. Because I know they will do something truly extraordinary out of it. And I dare called myself a MUSER:) And I'm pround of that.

Cheers!

The strings have excited me from the moment they Tweeted a picture of a string group in their studio. And now that I hear it in the trailer, I am SO excited to hear what they do with it. The way they utilized classical instruments in the last album just stopped my heart.

And about the dub step? Okay, I dislike dub step, and many people might have heard this trailer clip and said to themselves "Oh crap. It's the wub wubs." But you know what? Muse has experimented before, and scared the crap out of us before. How many times have you listened to a bootleg or a preview, heard a strange new wail or a trumpet and thought "Ohhh god, what is this??" And did you find yourself pleasantly surprised when you heard the final version a few weeks later? Personally, that's happened to me pretty often. They scare the crap out of me, but they've never killed my trust.

The most significant example I could think of was the track "Supermassive Black Hole". When I heard that, I put my head in my hands and sighed heavily as I listened to what I thought would be a Prince track. But you know what? Months later, I'm at a concert, crushed by fans all around me and everyone is bouncing and screaming the lyrics to Supermassive as Matt hits those ridiculous high notes. Supermassive in on the radio. Supermassive is everywhere and it's grown on me and I guess in the end I'm just thankful that I'm in love with a band who has the passion and balls to experiment like this. They don't just repeat the same chords as the previous track. I haven't been disappointed yet. So I'm going to take a deep breath, be scared shitless, dub step and all, and await what comes next because it's *probably* going to turn out just fine. :)

Archived