And about the dub step? Okay, I dislike dub step, and many people might have heard this trailer clip and said to themselves "Oh crap. It's the wub wubs." But you know what? Muse has experimented before, and scared the crap out of us before. How many times have you listened to a bootleg or a preview, heard a strange new wail or a trumpet and thought "Ohhh god, what is this??" And did you find yourself pleasantly surprised when you heard the final version a few weeks later? Personally, that's happened to me pretty often. They scare the crap out of me, but they've never killed my trust.

The most significant example I could think of was the track "Supermassive Black Hole". When I heard that, I put my head in my hands and sighed heavily as I listened to what I thought would be a Prince track. But you know what? Months later, I'm at a concert, crushed by fans all around me and everyone is bouncing and screaming the lyrics to Supermassive as Matt hits those ridiculous high notes. Supermassive in on the radio. Supermassive is everywhere and it's grown on me and I guess in the end I'm just thankful that I'm in love with a band who has the passion and balls to experiment like this. They don't just repeat the same chords as the previous track. I haven't been disappointed yet. So I'm going to take a deep breath, be scared shitless, dub step and all, and await what comes next because it's *probably* going to turn out just fine. :)

Very good point;)

Can't wait to hear more. i think this is going to be epic... another epic success, driving them nearer to where they deserve to be... considered the greatest band ever... not that i already don't think that way... but this may be a new sound for them, and another wind of fresh air in the music industry brought by that genius mind of Matt:musesign::musesign:

Well it seems like there are two kinds of people.

Those who like dubstep, and those who don't.

I personally don't mind, as long as it's not all dubstep.

Way to disprove your own theory straight after stating it :LOL:

I LOVE it. Omg I'm so excited. I can't wait for the album to come out... :musesign:

THIS. :D

First part sounded absolutely MASSIVE and EPIC, but when the second bit kicked in i was like :stunned::eek: It completely took me by surprise, but in a good way! :D

Also, i really like The 2nd Law as the new album title, sounds really cool. :happy:

They actually never say OoS was influenced by Daft Punk :erm: all they say is that it influenced all 90's electronic music (obviously)

That was all I could find through a quick google search in the minute I gave to it. They do at least hint that they were influenced by them there. They've talked about it over the years in old magazine interviews. I'm not your personal search engine!

I think The 2nd Law is a great title. Like it much better straight off than The Resistance

The intro was interesting, really liked the strings. Dunno if the second bit was part of the same song, was certainly...interesting. Took me by surprise

Maybe it's just cos I've come back from an Enter Shikari gig but it does remind me a lot of their work, and I've seen others comment that too. Wonder if Matt will add guitar live?

I think The 2nd Law is a great title. Like it much better straight off than The Resistance

The intro was interesting, really liked the strings. Dunno if the second bit was part of the same song, was certainly...interesting. Took me by surprise

Maybe it's just cos I've come back from an Enter Shikari gig but it does remind me a lot of their work, and I've seen others comment that too. Wonder if Matt will add guitar live?

Been to the intimate gig in Brighton?! I'm jealous! Even though it's off-topic, how was the ES gig?

Archived