The orchestral part? I thought people brought Fury up because the slow heavy rhythm is similar to the dubsteppy part?

It might be having both parts on the same trailer.

Incidentally someone merged them. I don't know where that is now. But it didn't sound particularly like Fury as far as I remember. I don't know why it made me think of Fury, maybe the depth and drama.

Why the talk of Fury? Just because of fury on this thread? I only ask because for some reason the orchestral part of The 2nd Law trailer made me think of Fury but I couldn't work out why. I think it makes me feel similar as to when I'm listening to Fury.

Makes me think of take a bow

It might be having both parts on the same trailer.

Incidentally someone merged them. I don't know where that is now. But it didn't sound particularly like Fury as far as I remember. I don't know why it made me think of Fury, maybe the depth and drama.

that was me…here it is.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

The reason Fury got posted was because someone said "Get a grip," which was a working title for Fury. Pretty sure no one was trying to make the point that fury is dubstepish.

Exactly. That and the fact that "Slow & Fat" was another working title, as opposed to how people described The 2nd Law as containing "fat beats & riff"

that was me…here it is.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

Thanks. :) Don't know what to make of it tbh. Still think they could be parts of the same song, though I wonder if the "dubstep" bit has been lengthened or exaggerated, or this is it as it is, with no more of it on the album.

I think it reminds me of Fury because they're both big and sweeping. That's the best I can do without technical musical knowledge.:LOL:

well...the trailer's been released...the tickets have been sold...and now :shifty: fuck all apparently :shifty:

It's still three months until the thing is released, that's kind of the point of an announcement.

They can't possibly give us new information every day until it comes out. Or would you like them to give us the track list one letter a day?

Okay, the album as well. But since the single is released/played/heard today I thought I might mention it.

Oh, and the trailer:

The first part reminds me of Screenager

When the strings start really playing, that reminds me of an intro to Resistance (the song)

The electronica part: Okay.

Archived