Been to the intimate gig in Brighton?! I'm jealous! Even though it's off-topic, how was the ES gig?

Aha, if you check out my boat I put a few posts, got let in the soundcheck and uploading some HD videos now, will post them asap

I think it actually sounds quite different from Shikari.

I dunno, it might just have been my mindset, but with the string intro like System and then into thaat

I do think the 'dubstep' bit is identical to something Skrillex would produce

I dunno, it might just have been my mindset, but with the string intro like System and then into thaat

I do think the 'dubstep' bit is identical to something Skrillex would produce

Probably just mindset. Shikari's drops are a little more stock and simple, and their songs are usually faster tempo. System was more of a buildup where the strings here were darker and head to an immediate breakout.

Although lyrically they both have some sort of political/societal ramblings that hardly mean anything in the end.

I don't know if anyone else though about this, but I quickly googled the 2nd law of therodynamics, and it's all about irreversibility in nauture. So in the end I came into the conclusion that the images of the stock market and all that is imposing that the GFC is irreversible, that we are in a bad situation bla bla bla.

Not bad for a 14 year old, hey?

Hahaha this is a bit different from science, we're learning about variables :rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone else though about this, but I quickly googled the 2nd law of therodynamics, and it's all about irreversibility in nauture. So in the end I came into the conclusion that the images of the stock market and all that is imposing that the GFC is irreversible, that we are in a bad situation bla bla bla.

Hahaha this is a bit different from science, we're learning about variables :rolleyes:

Well yeah... that's pretty much what they said in the trailer.

Anyone else noticing the huge difference in production quality from the resistance? Particularly in the orchestra and choir... TR choir samples were shocking. This new track is seriously well done!

This is sounding great - I think we have a brilliant, exciting, well-produced album coming up :)

I love it, every bit of it. I could care less if the album was all dubstep and Matt squealing about the end of the world and the Queen being a lizard, as long as it isn't a bunch of Neutron Star Collisions, I'm okay with it.

Just notice the reference from the video and the countdown to the second law of thermodynamics, which is about how entropy controls the spontaneity of a system and if it’s reversible or not. This was discussed in my chem 1b class last semester. Chem actually came in handy. :happy:

No words can describe what I'm feeling right now.

That strings part is beautiful. I could listen to that on a loop and not get bored. Is it just me or does the one violin part sound a little bit like it's playing "Stockholm Syndrome" at a slightly faster tempo?

As far as the dubstep. HOLY SHIT! I like it. The juxtaposition with the strings is pretty damn good. I hope that the strings and the drop are part of the same song because I'm now imagining listening to that on full blast in the car.

Overall, from this little bit, I'm glad that it's shaping up to be heavier than The Resistance. Looks like playing Origin Of Symmetry all the way through got the guys' creative juices flowing again.

Roll on September! Already got my money set aside for an album pre-order.

dubstep..wow wow wow. fuck this!

You do realise A. it only makes up 1/4 of the trailer, the other 3/4 is about as Musey as Muse can get, B. I'm willing to bet just one song will be predominantly 'dubsteppy' and C. it's hardly any different to what Muse have jammed live :erm:. Infact, I'd go as far as to say this is LESS of a departure than Supermassive and Undisclosed Desires as it's using predominantly standard instrumentation.

Knickers - untwist them.

To everyone who doesn't like that little bit of dubstep in the preview,

Seriously, I'm not hearing anything not Muse in that bit. It sounds like the post song riffs they play at shows and some of the other instrument wankery they pull off. It's definitely crunchier and heavier, but that's what people wanted after The Resistance ended up mellow and light.

Well it seems like there are two kinds of people.

Those who like dubstep, and those who don't.

I personally don't mind, as long as it's not all dubstep. I want Save Me to be a Queen cover SO BAD.

Hahaha, not really the truth! I don't know if I like dubstep or not. Because I've never really listened to it. But I don't mind it when it's Muse's because I know they'll make it awesome. They've never disappointed me so far, so I'm pretty sure it will be an epic album. They taught me one thing over the years: being open-minded. Seriously, I'm open for new sounds, things, experiments as well as they seem to be.

As far as the dubstep. HOLY SHIT! I like it. The juxtaposition with the strings is pretty damn good. I hope that the strings and the drop are part of the same song because I'm now imagining listening to that on full blast in the car.

My thoughts exactly!

First part sounded absolutely MASSIVE and EPIC, but when the second bit kicked in i was like :stunned::eek: It completely took me by surprise, but in a good way! :D

Also, i really like The 2nd Law as the new album title, sounds really cool. :happy:

True story! Massive surprice I would say. I love the way they make me feel. No one else can get so excited and so surprised and so happy at the same tame...;D

And the title - this sounds so much like Muse for me! Can't wait!

Well yeah... that's pretty much what they said in the trailer.

Haha yeah I just listened to it again and realised :facepalm: ... I guess I was too busy freaking out the first time, and my computer was loading it in 5 second chunks (school computers :rolleyes:)

Haha it's good to see they are focussing on another problem in the world other than our leaders failing us or something, but I do think they will have some alien theories in there ... we'll just have to wait and see :ninja:

To everyone who doesn't like that little bit of dubstep in the preview,

Seriously, I'm not hearing anything not Muse in that bit. It sounds like the post song riffs they play at shows and some of the other instrument wankery they pull off. It's definitely crunchier and heavier, but that's what people wanted after The Resistance ended up mellow and light.

My thoughts exactly! I though I could hear a bit of guitar peeking through all the dubstep, so I think (and hope) they're going to just make it their own and create something really unique.

Just notice the reference from the video and the countdown to the second law of thermodynamics, which is about how entropy controls the spontaneity of a system and if it’s reversible or not. This was discussed in my chem 1b class last semester. Chem actually came in handy. :happy:

Could you explain (very) simply what the 2nd Law's about and the connection with entropy please ??? Because I don't understand anything and I think I'm not alone lol

I think The 2nd Law is a great title. Like it much better straight off than The Resistance
Same, I thought TR was a really generic title, while this one is a lot better.

You want a cookie?

Archived