Couldn't have put it better!

The Muse Roller Coaster is now taking passengers. All optimists, pessimists, lovers, haters, newbies and oldies...please climb aboard. Feel free to dangle your arms outside of the cart to fully appreciate the experience.

:LOL: Scream if you want to go faster, huh? :p

Q: has something happened to the Trailer? Coz I can't see it now :(

Why are so many complaining about that dubstep thing at the end of the trailer? That is CLEARLY NOT dubstep! That is good "old fashioned" electronica! Nearby industrial (don't you hear the saw-like sound?)! Guys, that's cool! Muse had always electronic influences in their music! From my point of view is electronica influence ways better than pop influence!!!

And second, from what I hear it seems to be very well produced!!!!!!

Why are so many complaining about that dubstep thing at the end of the trailer? That is CLEARLY NOT dubstep! That is good "old fashioned" electronica! Nearby industrial (don't you hear the saw-like sound?)! Guys, that's cool! Muse had always electronic influences in their music! From my point of view is electronica influence ways better than pop influence!!!

Whatever you want to call it, there's a lot of people who don't like that kind of music. Not everyone has to like every single thing Muse does :chuckle:

I completely agree. However, to be honest: I have no idea what dubstep really is. I've never listened to it :D So even if it is - good for me, I'll get a chance to know new thing :D

Whatever you want to call it, there's a lot of people who don't like that kind of music. Not everyone has to like every single thing Muse does :chuckle:

Most people I've seen dislike it because it's dubstep an therefore a sellout though.

"what kind of music is that, sounds geat...", "that's dubstep, man", "oh... then.... I don't like it (because it's in the charts)"

and there you see, we are back at the old discussion of commercial music...

But anyway, everybody has a different taste of music, so with this trailer it caught a little bit of mine.

All these discussions proceed in such a way that someone says Muse have gone dubstep and therefore sold out. In every one of those discussions it's pointed out that it's not dubstep and just because Muse tried something influenced by it it doesn't mean they're selling out. And as we get closer to the album the amount of these claims incre,cre,cre,cre,c,c,creases. It's just an endless loop every 5 minutes of the same shit that's been argued over since BH&R, but with different details. An forum based on endless recursion of discussion is...

All these discussions proceed in such a way that someone says Muse have gone dubstep and therefore sold out. In every one of those discussions it's pointed out that it's not dubstep and just because Muse tried something influenced by it it doesn't mean they're selling out. And as we get closer to the album the amount of these claims incre,cre,cre,cre,c,c,creases. It's just an endless loop every 5 minutes of the same shit that's been argued over since BH&R, but with different details. An forum based on endless recursion of discussion is...

UN-SU-STAIN-ABLE

tumblr_m57ooenwiQ1qceoa9o3_500.gif

UN-SU-STAIN-ABLE

tumblr_m57ooenwiQ1qceoa9o3_500.gif

Hahahaha, brilliant!:D

Most people I've seen dislike it because it's dubstep an therefore a sellout though.

I dislike it because I dislike the sound :LOL: Doesn't matter what it's called. It sounds like the crap my sisters force me to listen to every day because their crap plays too loudly and my room isn't soundproof. Ugh, enough is enough.

But yes, there's also people who just dislike it for the label as well.

How odd. It did sound dubsteppy to me (I don't listen to a lot of dubstep though so I'm not an expert) but I must admit the song is stuck in my head. I dislike the whole 'ah the world is in crisis, everything sucks' route that started to take prominence with what's its name. Black Holes and Revelations. Absolution was the last album to do that well.

So yeah this is by far the best thing in my mind. resistance was amazing. to those negative people i feel for you. for this is a big step for muse. And i think there amazing talent will make them even more popular band. GOING INTO POPULAR dub step.Very good move. Think they will be a good competitor with knife party, deadmau5, skirllex etc. this is a for sure buy of a album for me.

So yeah this is by far the best thing in my mind. resistance was amazing. to those negative people i feel for you. for this is a big step for muse. And i think there amazing talent will make them even more popular band. GOING INTO POPULAR dub step.Very good move. Think they will be a good competitor with knife party, deadmau5, skirllex etc. this is a for sure buy of a album for me.

You know the 'dubstep' is likely to be in just one song, right? That doesn't really make them competitors against any of those artists.

I would hardly think this puts them in line with Deadmou5 or skrillex :chuckle:

:facepalm:

I feel obliged to say what I think as well, even though it isn't going to be as positive as most people have been in this thread.

The last time I really listened to The Resistance was late 2010. I went to the Goffertpark gig that year, and I really enjoyed it. However, after a while, the album just didn't do it for me anymore. I'm still a youngster, and my music tastes are still changing. Lately I've really been into stoner rock/blues rock like Queens of the Stone Age and Seasick Steve. I do still enjoy Showbiz as an album, though, and I would have liked it if they would have gone back to their roots. However, after the first trailer, I don't think I'm going to be attending any Muse gigs this year. I can see why a lot of people are excited for this, it's just not my kind of thing anymore.

To each his own is all I have to say. My music tastes changed and I can't really get into what Muse have done in the past few years. As soon as they are doing a Showbiz tour (like Queens of the Stone Age have done with their self-titled album last year, that was awesome), I'll be the first in line for tickets.

I feel obliged to say what I think as well, even though it isn't going to be as positive as most people have been in this thread.

The last time I really listened to The Resistance was late 2010. I went to the Goffertpark gig that year, and I really enjoyed it. However, after a while, the album just didn't do it for me anymore. I'm still a youngster, and my music tastes are still changing. Lately I've really been into stoner rock/blues rock like Queens of the Stone Age and Seasick Steve. I do still enjoy Showbiz as an album, though, and I would have liked it if they would have gone back to their roots. However, after the first trailer, I don't think I'm going to be attending any Muse gigs this year. I can see why a lot of people are excited for this, it's just not my kind of thing anymore.

To each his own is all I have to say. My music tastes changed and I can't really get into what Muse have done in the past few years. As soon as they are doing a Showbiz tour (like Queens of the Stone Age have done with their self-titled album last year, that was awesome), I'll be the first in line for tickets.

Well, maybe not positive but at least subjective opinion in well-balanced tone:) I understand you;) However I find it really great, that Muse is also changing throughout the albums. I love the fact that they're not stucked in one place - some people like this, some people don't. This is how things usually works, isn't it?;)

About that Showbiz tour - oh, count me in too! :D

welllll i think people read too much into trailers etc be it with music or movies. My guess is that we will get a typically "muse" muse album. Different, edgy, awesome. I reckon the whole dub-step thing would be part of Matt's guitar histrionics in a song, some epic awesome dark end of the world robots have taken my job kinda song. And in the middle of the epic song, it will climax and he will break out into an epic blaze of guitar dub mayhem.

The rest of the album will be muse, just newer, more challenging.

Those are my thoughts anyway. :happy: I will buy it, i will thrash it death on every cd player i can get my hands on to, i will buy my weight in merchandise (again!)

VIVA LA MUSE! :LOL:

Archived