i love how this trailer has sent everyone batshit insane! I was very chuffed when i heard the strings kick in, the dubstep (if you can call it dubstep), was a shock yes, but then i have been shocked by the first glimpse of the past three muse albums and been genuinely stunned by the quality of each record.

The dubstep element seems likely to be included on one song but to be fair, ignoring that shitty robot and closing your eyes it sounds pretty good, can easily imagine matt playing this live on kaos pad or just hands down shredding his manson to produce some of the sounds,

also who else wants to see chris doing some dirty bass drops? :)

So im excited for the new album because at the end of the day we know for sure that there will be plenty of strings and choir from their twitter updates, and they are fundamentally a guitar band so those panicking and expected a skrillex rip off for 12 tracks is actually mentally challenged, muse are not stupid enough to make their fans wait for three years only to offer them a cheesy dubstep rant about the earths resources,

it will just be an epic guitar, stringed, bass driven, mental drumming, incredible vocals and downright MUSE album.... about the earths resources or some shit like that, but who honestly cares about lyrics eh?

:D

OK, Album theme the 2nd law of robotics by Asimov? 2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. Like Muse going sci-fi again? (Resistance/1984) Robot hunting down humanity (with evil dubstep;)) because a robot is sworn to protect humans and by processing... prosessing... comes to the conclusion that they are best off being verry dead?

I think I've already listened to it over 100 times since I got out of work.

I love literally everything about it. LOVE.

++++++

Never known anything so dramatic to promote an album. Still unsure about The Resistance (heard it hundreds of times) but will never forget the publicity stunt surrounding United States of Eurasia. What the hell do we have coming I wonder.........

it will just be an epic guitar, stringed, bass driven, mental drumming, incredible vocals and downright MUSE album.... about the earths resources or some shit like that, but who honestly cares about lyrics eh?

Here we go...guessing again!

I got caught up in the whole USoE thing (decativate/DON'T deactivate) and guessing how songs would turn out after the 30sec previews etc. All theories turned out to be bullshit, BUT it turned out to be a very entertaining journey.

The Muse production team certainly know how to stimulate their fans! Love it.

Game on....

Anyone else noticing the huge difference in production quality from the resistance? Particularly in the orchestra and choir... TR choir samples were shocking. This new track is seriously well done!

This is sounding great - I think we have a brilliant, exciting, well-produced album coming up :)

Couldn't have put it better!

The Muse Roller Coaster is now taking passengers. All optimists, pessimists, lovers, haters, newbies and oldies...please climb aboard. Feel free to dangle your arms outside of the cart to fully appreciate the experience.

The Muse Roller Coaster is now taking passengers. All optimists, pessimists, lovers, haters, newbies and oldies...please climb aboard. Feel free to dangle your arms outside of the cart to fully appreciate the experience.

This is the best comment ever!:D

Muse were so clever in putting into the trailer the parts we already knew of, that sheet music, bit of brass, choir etc at the start so nothing much was given away and then BOOM throw them something they were least expecting and sit back with a bucket of popcorn

I've witnessed this stir up a lot of discussion on my Facebook feed. It's either 1.muse is selling out, because I hate dubstep

or 2. I LOVE this.

IT's supermassive black hole all over again... gets the people talking. I'm buzzing for this!

OH GOD.... what the hell. I knew muse started to die with the last album, but the introduction of ANY dubstep on the new albums really proves it. Black Holes and Revelations was the end of muse for me.

Really sad, used to frequent these boards so often years ago, occassionally came back, but i don't think i'll be returning, i'll see what happens when I actually hear a song from the band, but that trailer was utter crap, simply terrible.

Couldn't have put it better!

Right next to the quoting button there's a multiquote button. Click that on every post you want to quote and then make one post. You're welcome :awesome:

i love how this trailer has sent everyone batshit insane! I was very chuffed when i heard the strings kick in, the dubstep (if you can call it dubstep), was a shock yes, but then i have been shocked by the first glimpse of the past three muse albums and been genuinely stunned by the quality of each record.

The dubstep element seems likely to be included on one song but to be fair, ignoring that shitty robot and closing your eyes it sounds pretty good, can easily imagine matt playing this live on kaos pad or just hands down shredding his manson to produce some of the sounds,

also who else wants to see chris doing some dirty bass drops? :)

So im excited for the new album because at the end of the day we know for sure that there will be plenty of strings and choir from their twitter updates, and they are fundamentally a guitar band so those panicking and expected a skrillex rip off for 12 tracks is actually mentally challenged, muse are not stupid enough to make their fans wait for three years only to offer them a cheesy dubstep rant about the earths resources,

this.

Muse were so clever in putting into the trailer the parts we already knew of, that sheet music, bit of brass, choir etc at the start so nothing much was given away and then BOOM throw them something they were least expecting and sit back with a bucket of popcorn

more like clever leaking it,

Archived