The trailer looks a bit cheap/stock footage-y, doesn't it? And the font looks cheap too. Not sure about the dubstep, but the intro music was very nice!

The font, at least, looks like it was thrown in last minute on the cheap, I'll agree with you there. What if this is just one massive wind-up and they haven't even started recording yet?! :LOL:

I love it. I love all of it :) as long as the 'dubstep' is kept to a minimum then its awesome, the use of the choir is so powerful! It's like a movie score/gaming music. And of coarse this is only one song! So quit the dubstep hating ;)

So happy. So freaking happy.

And why can't I find this countdown clock!?

It's hardly dubstep.

Plus, it's just Supermassive but heavier :LOL:. Sounded mega, loved every second of it.

That's probably why it sounds Musey! :D

I've listened to some Skrillex being not familiar with them, came back to this, and this now sounds completely like Muse. :D

I think it was fucking awesome!!every single second of it...and I'm glad they're trying new stuff out not like all the other bands that just stick to what they know!and the dubstep part didn't sound so not-musey to me.

but I've got to admit at first I thought it was just Tom trolling us about Matt's tweets:LOL:

First thing's first- The title -- warms my mother lovin engineer's heart! (tho I'm electrical & kinda hated my 2 thermo classes which are long-forgotten now)

Onward-

:LOL:

I'd prefer them to try and play dubstep on guitar than write more Neutron Star Collision-esque pop ballads. Considering how much OOS was influenced by Daft Punk, it's not that huge a departure. Although they may have been doing it a tad more more subtly back then. :chuckle:

Agree w/ preferring this any day over NSC. Hate to tell you though, but the Daft Punk influence is alive & well here-- take a listen to DP's Tron soundtrack & tell me it doesn't sound like the beginning strings of the T2L trailer! (why yes I own & listen to Tron soundtrack :$ ) . & thank goodness this dubstep sounds nothing like Korn +Skrillex's recent work- couldn't turn *that* off fast enough, blecch. This is all Matt w/ kaoss pad (or kitara?)- SMBH solo on steroids. LOVE. :D:):party:

I fear that Skrillex might rear his ugly mush in this album. He's just bloody everywhere. Proper Dubstep from the UK I like, some of the deep dark moody stuff. But this Americanised version, with Skrillex at the helm nah. Don't lik it at all, and i'll be very disappointed if he's there on the album. Even if it is for just one song. I'll still buy it though as I buy everything they do, but I suppose most bands will upset the purists at some point.

What, didn't you know that?! They even listened to them on full volume before taking to stage each night on the OOS tour to get themselves pumped. :LOL:

http://www.microcuts.tv/index.php?cat=tv&video=TV%202006%20-%20Hosted%20by%20Muse%20-%209%20daft%20punk

They actually never say OoS was influenced by Daft Punk :erm: all they say is that it influenced all 90's electronic music (obviously)

I fear that Skrillex might rear his ugly mush in this album. He's just bloody everywhere. Proper Dubstep from the UK I like, some of the deep dark moody stuff. But this Americanised version, with Skrillex at the helm nah. Don't lik it at all, and i'll be very disappointed if he's there on the album. Even if it is for just one song. I'll still buy it though as I buy everything they do, but I suppose most bands will upset the purists at some point.

I don't think he won't be at all. That would be a huge suprise to me. A HUUUUUUUUUGE Suprise

2nd Law of Thermodynamics? Entropy?

I'm in Arcadia.

The difference between Musestep and Dubstep is that Musestep will be played using actual instruments rather than loops. Don't worry folks, their live shows are only going to get even more bat-shit crazy. :rolleyes:

The difference between Musestep and Dubstep is that Musestep will be played using actual instruments rather than loops. Don't worry folks, their live shows are only going to get even more bat-shit crazy. :rolleyes:

lol

Archived