Showbiz could, never tried it though. Pretty much anything that ends in a big sustained blowout like TAB, Knights, Survival, Showbiz etc. can probs transition into the SD outro.

Initially would've said absolutely no to Map but actually, maybe if you transitioned it with the big C that comes just before the proper outro on the album (since Map ends on a C)? Map's in C minor though, and the C in SD is major. Either way, a big epic outro like SD probs wouldn't suit the tone of the song, so I'd still say nah.

Saw that, didn't really read much into it. If it's not just a random promo thing for this 'fan photography' comp or random promo in general, it's probs just something about a Drones DVD (which I'm not really fussed about).

My hype for anything interesting this year is well and truly dead, apart from maybe new music.

Just checking in from Coachella to say that Matt walked by me twice yesterday, with his girlfriend and an entourage of a few other people, during both the Phantogram and Radiohead sets. I wasn't able to stop him to say Hi or Thanks or What's the upcoming tour going to be like, or even snap a pic. But yeah. Thought I'd mention it :p

• 1 month later...

Muse doesn't particularly have a grueling touring schedule, either. Couple of gigs, weeks of breaks, repeat.

People are just too wrapped up in this "lol, they're just like us!" mentality when in reality this is a rich bastard who can put his feet up and have a $10k bottle of wine in his $6 million dollar home... not during a 15 song setlist.

It was a sarcastic, shitty comment to legitimate criticism.

Don't wanna jump to hyperbole too quickly in case I chill on it but that might end up being a turning point for me continuing to support them tbh. Matt's obvs made the odd shady comment towards fans over the years, usually in the heat of the moment at gigs, but that's the most open disdain and lack of regard for the people who support him he's shown imo.

I've been a massive fanboy/girl before, still am in a way, and I've looked past a lot of stuff myself but I genuinely don't understand how people can see 'lol matt bants' over the middle finger that's practically in their face with that tweet.

This is the shit that was the turning point for me. I fucking loved their last album, even with the childishly bad lyrics.

Matt's disdain for the actual fans, even the ones that keep continually kissing his ass, just finally soured everything.

I mean, it's not Highly Suspect level of absolute disgustingness, but Matt seems to have just become a smarmy jackass who somehow believes he's rich and famous despite his fans, not because of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived