Early BHaR Chris(short-ish hair) + T2L/Drones Chris(Leather jacket, short scrappy beard) is what I think would be perfect for him. The jacket, bit of a beard with short hair.

I can see it.

I really don't think bald suits him at all :p

LOL, I don't think bald suits any of the Muse members. Can you imagine Matt or Dom trying to pull off the bald look?

Hey, don't knock blue hair until you've tried it.

Fun fact: I've been rocking blue hair for almost 2 years now. 38-year old(wtf just realised he's already almost 40?!) Matt Bellamy tho? Ummh, please, no. Maybe black or dark red could go, but please, no more blue Matt, no matter how cool it was back in the day :LOL:

Fun fact: I've been rocking blue hair for almost 2 years now. 38-year old(wtf just realised he's already almost 40?!) Matt Bellamy tho? Ummh, please, no. Maybe black or dark red could go, but please, no more blue Matt, no matter how cool it was back in the day :LOL:

Oh! I see what you're saying. And... yeah, yeah, you're right. As cool as it was, Matt can't pull off the blue look nowadays.

It would still look better than if he were bald, though.

Speaking of hair, ever notice that Chris seems to be unable to stick to a hairstyle? Like, sometimes he's bald, sometimes he has a weird fauxhawk thing, others he has long hair, and still others he has any of those plus a mustache.

Most people change their hair throughout the years. I mean hair grows, it's harder to stay with one style than to change it. And he also had a hair transplant, and he participates in movember so it's not that weird.

Ever notice that despite Origin of Symmetry being one of Muse's best albums (second best for me behind Absolution) and its tour capturing the band's energy the best, it also has what has to be by far Matt's worst look?

Not really, makes sense that he look his weirdest at his weirdest :chuckle:

Not his worst look though. Easily better than some bits from Showbiz and just about anytime where he's had super short hair. Not to mention the 2014 Thom Yorke barnet and the shiny fish jackets.

I liked the first ones with the red details, and I kinda also liked the ones last summer with the gold detailing. But the ones worn at every show in-between were a bit drab, which may not have been helped by the lack of variation or the fact that they even had Chris removing his jacket at the exact same point.

Nothing quite as cool as the silver suits, or the Wembley 07 red one, mind. Although its still bad from me that finding out t-shirts worn by Matt and Dom over The Resistance period being All Saints lead to me buying about 8/9 of them from eBay. I regret nothing, mind - those shirts are great designs and feel nicer to wear than my older t-shirts.

Not really, makes sense that he look his weirdest at his weirdest :chuckle:

Not his worst look though. Easily better than some bits from Showbiz and just about anytime where he's had super short hair. Not to mention the 2014 Thom Yorke barnet and the shiny fish jackets.

Yeah the weird sparkly jacket at Coachella that cost a shitload of money looked pretty ridiculous.

I liked the ones with gold trim quite a bit more, but they were still on the bland side.

And for some reason Matt only wore that one a couple times before going back to the old one.

The original go karting suits were a bit much. :chuckle: I was surprised to hear that they changed them after Matt got heckled, though, during the club tour.

I liked it a lot more before there were "costumes."

I saw Starset as an opener last year and now I'm waiting for Muse to do something equally ridiculous, because it did remind me of them. :noey:

Huh - so he did revert to the arena tour's grey trim ones. Didn't notice Matt reverted to them by the end of last year.

Maybe the 30 Seconds/PVRIS dates will bring some new clothing ideas. But then I guess part of that depends on how different its gonna be from the Drones stuff in general. Maybe it might help the hope for new clothing if its an independent thing from the 2015/16 tours.

Probs just be standard t-shirt + jeans I imagine, definitely no jumpsuits. Maybe a blazer for Matt if he feels fancy enough.

Be a welcome return though, the worst thing about the jumpsuits for me was only being able to think about the pools of sweat they must collect :vomit:

Did someone mention that they noticed the instruments being turned down when Matt started singing during the arena shows?

I'm wondering about this because I noticed this happen a lot when I saw Kings of Leon last night, and when thinking about it a part of me thinks this approach might've been a thing during the Drones Tour O2 gig I saw. But I figured I'd ask if this was a thing, or at the least something others knew of that I just hadn't noticed before.

[spoiler=]so there is an annual book fair happening in Vilnius, Lithuania, and a music hall there too where I was looking for interesting CDs. and there were greatest hits compilation CDs done by some Russian company that call themselves "Smart", and among the pirated-up compilations I saw a Muse version of greatest hits... surely I might blame myself for purchasing something falsificated like the last time I did where the entire tracklist of a new album was replaced with a tracklist of an old album, but I had to give up colourful markers for this one, and I already have too many colourful markers at home so... :LOL:

Isn't that somewhat normal?

Anyways, in Philly Matt was pretty much drowned out by the instruments, mostly the uneven drums.

The mix was really disappointing and I could barely hear him for most of the gig.

DC was a bit better, but still noticeably bad.

I don't know, maybe? If it does I hadn't noticed it before. But I did recall it being mentioned in one of the O2 gig threads or maybe the big Drones Tour discussion threads.

Although tbf I thought the mix was better for the Drones O2 show than it did for a large part of The 2nd Law Tour show at the same venue, which didn't sound right until the encores. Although I do wonder if my complaints from that show might've been more to do with getting accustomed to wearing earplugs to gigs.

• 1 month later...

Hi, we're a new Scottish Muse Tribute Act, "MacMuse". Can't have enough decent Muse tributes IMO, We're working up a 2 hour setlist for starters, Give us an FB like, fb.me/musemuzak . . .launch gig planned for June, gonna be great :-)

I bought the 1Love album a few days ago.

My head now just has Matt bellowing THEY CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL THE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISING SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again :'(

Help me

I always forget about that cover for some reason. Weird since I actually found it pretty early on in me Muse days. If I'm honest to myself, the instrumental is a smidge on the annoying side with the wall of noise but Matt's vocals always stick in my head for the pure power :chuckle: Maybe some of my favourite vocals he's put to record actually.

Wonder what'll happen for AFD tomorrow :shifty: (do Kirky/the board admins even do something for it anymore? can't remember what's happened in recent years)

Archived