I'd love for Muse's next album to take inspiration from this kind of stuff:

(the intro, not the song obviously)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZRjj-TmRFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRi1OXQucpM

Give us haunting soundscapes and beautiful melodies. Isolated System was a great example from not too long ago.

Yes please. More weird and quirky stuff like this, less bombastic pop. Monty Jam is one of my favourite Muse things.

Yeah. Or at least an EP. Despite my low expectations of Muse as songwriters these days, I think they could produce a great instrumental EP.

Honestly they could produce a great album if they would just pull their heads out of their asses and stop taking inspiration from crappy bands they grew up listening to.

Honestly I used to think that too, but there is just way too much nonsense in their music these days to salvage a whole album's worth of good music. Like, for me, they would have to get rid of Mercy, Aftermath, Revolt and possibly even The Globalist, so literally half the album.

Dead Inside

Psycho

Another song

Reapers

The Handler

JFK

Defector

Another song

Another song

Another song

Drones

Now that would be a good album...

• 1 month later...
It's hard to pick a fave. it's like picking your favourite kid.

Unless it's Showbiz, then it's the result of a teenage one night stand that they take to the park once or twice a year.

Earlier that day: "I don't care for The Second Law".

:LOL:

• 1 month later...

Huh. So apparently Map Of Your Head once had a heavier version that actually got recorded and everything (just never released obvs), nicknamed Map Of Your Headache. Like a Hyper Music/Hyper Chondriac Music type deal, I guess.

Please tell me other people also didn't know this, I've gone of 8 years loving MOYH totally oblivious :chuckle:

I'm definitely asking about it whenever the next Q&A happens, it's gotta be knocking around somewhere and I want that shit to surface.

Archived