What's the deal with Helium 3, is it just a vanity label or what?

I ain't super knowledgeable on record labels but the impression I get is that creative control, promotion and touring are all totally up to the band while Warner handles copyright, distribution and funding.

They've mentioned splitting off in the past iirc but I don't think they ever said why they chose to resign instead.

Sort of like Dave Grohl's thing where Foo Fighters are licensed to Sony-owned RCA/Capitol, but released through Roswell Records, which is his own label, right?

Although I think it mentioned somewhere He-3 is a Warner sub-division. In any case the site hasn't been updated since uploading a gif from the Madness video.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I need your help. Lately I stumbled across the soundtrack to "Twin Peaks" and I said to myself if Matt would play "Laura Palmer's theme" this would be perfect! So I just found out that he already did play it live, but when was it? Do you know a link to a video or anything?

Not specifically related to the Laura Palmer thing (tho that is cool and I didn't know, was thinking about it just yesterday as well) but, goood, those initial piano notes of Sunburn coming out of some kind of intro is just one of the best little things.

Ever notice that despite Origin of Symmetry being one of Muse's best albums (second best for me behind Absolution) and its tour capturing the band's energy the best, it also has what has to be by far Matt's worst look?

The spiked hair, the gold painted skin, the veins drawn onto his arms, Matt's sex face becoming super noticeable...

The gold was just for the videos. It's not like they carried that over live or anything.

And I absolutely agree that the Drones suits were a downer. The particulars of the stage lighting, dark visuals combined with those suits made the band just blend into the stage at a lot of points, and killed some of the dynamics of a performance.

I found myself wondering at times if the goal was really to take the focus of off them intentionally.

I poked a lot of fun at that T2L pyramid jacket looking like a circus barker, but at least it was attention grabbing.

The Drones outfits were by far their most boring/saddest/worst look imo. And he was drawing his veins before the OoS tour.

And I absolutely agree that the Drones suits were a downer. The particulars of the stage lighting, dark visuals combined with those suits made the band just blend into the stage at a lot of points, and killed some of the dynamics of a performance.

I found myself wondering at times if the goal was really to take the focus of off them intentionally.

I at least get what they were going for with the Drones Tour. (By comparison, I have no idea what Matt was going for in the OOS years.) Like, it was part of the concept. I was reminded of Pink Floyd's appearance during The Wall Tour, and anything that reminds me of The Wall gets a thumbs up from me. And I know that they were going for that during the Drones Tour; I just wish they had committed to it.

Pink_Floyd_The_Wall_Hammers_Double_Patch_Logo.jpg

Though is it just me, or has Dom forgotten that sleeves exist? :LOL:

BH&R > Oos > T2L > Absolution (the sports pants...) = TR > Showbiz > Drones

Hey, don't be dissing the Absolution Tour look. That tour gave us the lab coat! :mad:

Pilton_2004-06-27_Hysteria.jpg

The gold was just for the videos. It's not like they carried that over live or anything.

Honestly, it looked kind of weird in the videos too. Though that may just be me.

I poked a lot of fun at that T2L pyramid jacket looking like a circus barker, but at least it was attention grabbing.

Actually, I liked his jacket. Matt should wear more weird jackets like that one. Though I wasn't a fan of his hairstyle during that tour.

Speaking of hair, ever notice that Chris seems to be unable to stick to a hairstyle? Like, sometimes he's bald, sometimes he has a weird fauxhawk thing, others he has long hair, and still others he has any of those plus a mustache.

Speaking of hair, ever notice that Chris seems to be unable to stick to a hairstyle? Like, sometimes he's bald, sometimes he has a weird fauxhawk thing, others he has long hair, and still others he has any of those plus a mustache.

Early BHaR Chris(short-ish hair) + T2L/Drones Chris(Leather jacket, short scrappy beard) is what I think would be perfect for him. The jacket, bit of a beard with short hair. I really don't think bald suits him at all :p

Archived